• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hardest Part of ROM Hacking

Jeesh

I just wanna hack Emerald.
Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2020
    I don't use any exe files, just python scripts and code. I wrote this method, because the other one is buggy. Also, this old fashioned way you're talking about is the only way. That's how things are done, you repoint them. I just wrote a script which does that, so you don't have to do it manually.

Was the way you built it specifically for PGE?

Jeesh

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2020
    No. It was build specifically for a not-glitchy and fast expansion. :P

Iunno. Maybe once I get Boot Camp running I'll give your method another try. My mac wasn't a fan of it. That, or I followed the steps badly. :P

Years
  • Iunno. Maybe once I get Boot Camp running I'll give your method another try. My mac wasn't a fan of it. That, or I followed the steps badly. :P

What went wrong exactly? Which step? Also, if you have trouble with the installation, it'd be best to post in the Engine Thread.

Jeesh

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2020
    What went wrong exactly? Which step? Also, if you have trouble with the installation, it'd be best to post in the Engine Thread.

I don't know. All I know is it didn't work. I'll give it another shot though

Froosty

The_Learner
    Years
  • I've no trouble with the easy scripts but for the other things... lmao
    we're only two on our project so it's kinda hard

well do you think bing two in a project is hard,
    then what do you think about me??
    I work single-handedly for my project....

mapping, scripting and every single thing in my project is by me...
    except the resources.. i use :) :P

well being two or single handed is not problem.. the problem is how much you want to learn the rom hacking :)

Ayonn-

The Unbelivable
    Years
  • well do you think bing two in a project is hard,
    then what do you think about me??
    I work single-handedly for my project....

mapping, scripting and every single thing in my project is by me...
    except the resources.. i use :) :P

well being two or single handed is not problem.. the problem is how much you want to learn the rom hacking :)

The other one can only do basuc things, and I...am doing some of my ressources by my own, like some specific sprites and so on... what a pain in the ***

Back