• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Ayselipera

As some of you might or might not know Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (part one) just came out recently. Which is the first part of the last Harry Potter book.

So has anyone gone to see it yet? Did you enjoy the movie? If you've read the books does this movie at all compare? If you haven't seen it yet are you eventually going to see it? Is there anything that you are really hoping they include or is there something that you wish they included if you've already seen it? Do you plan on seeing part two of the Deathly Hallows come July? Is there anything else you'd like to say about the movie?

LordDarkrai

Gamer
    Years
    I still have to see it and I thinking of going next week after Black Friday to see it. I'm interested in seeing part 2 next year.

Last edited:

Shiny Gardevoir

I huntz shiniez
    Years
    I watched it for the sake of getting incentives XD.
    Anyway, I was kind of lost at some point caused I haven't seen Half-Blood Prince. Effects and all graphics stuff were great, though the story got annoying at some point...
    Still, I wasn't exactly expecting some funny parts, but there were some :P.

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
    I'm going to watch it next weekend and I can't wait! I mean I don't understand a thing in Harry Potter xD But I still want to watch it :P I saw on TV how all the people of English went gaga over it. I also saw a trailer. I can't believe Harry Potter is coming to an end since the last one will be released in June 2011 if I'm not wrong. HP has been here forever.

Stratos99

Banned
    Years
    Absolutely. ****ing. Psyched.

Between my friend who caught the midnight showing and the trailers there's no way I can put this movie off any longer. It helps that I'm a huge Harry Potter fan as well.

Years
    I'm pretty excited to see this. Is it in 3d? I thought I read that they were planning on doing a 3d version and that seems to be all the rage now. The trailer is awesome for sure...

Ayselipera

I can't believe Harry Potter is coming to an end since the last one will be released in June 2011 if I'm not wrong. HP has been here forever.

I'm pretty sure it's coming out July 2011 not June 2011. IMDb has the specific date July 15, 2011 for the U.S. release.

I'm pretty excited to see this. Is it in 3d? I thought I read that they were planning on doing a 3d version and that seems to be all the rage now. The trailer is awesome for sure...

I read that they were originally going to have a 3D version, but it was going to be of poor quality due to the small length of time they had to turn the film into 3D. So they scrapped the idea altogether. I'm actually happy they cared more about the quality then the overwhelming hype for a 3D version.

Last edited:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    I went to the midnight premier two nights ago. It. is. AMAZING! Ughhh, my friend and I literally had to sit on the floor in the lobby out of sheer excitement after it. July is too far away for part two =/

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I saw the movie yesterday. It turned out better than I thought. But the moments involving Nagini were too startling for me.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    FINALLY someone posts a thread for Harry Potter. I was beginning to lose faith in the community.

I went to the premiere. I can't say that I was in love with the movie, but it was still amazing none the less! I recognize that this movie was essential and more so of the movie that deals more with the plot being revealed a great deal. It just makes me more excited for the last movie to come out. I'm upset that Harry Potter is ending, though. JK Rowling said that she could write five more books on it, but she doesn't think she will. I wish she did, though that may harm the franchise more than help, but I'm being greedy and I don't want to face the end of it. Even though it has to be done some time.

-Scourge-

Come Together
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    Oh yeah, this movie looks amazing.
    I won't go see it in theaters but I will see it when comes out on DVD.

Years
    I was dragged to the midnight showing by a friend so my recollection of the movie isn't as good as it could have been if I'd not been half asleep, but I thought it was great. I only read the book when it first came out so it wasn't fresh in my mind and I couldn't really tell how much was changed for the movie, but it all flowed together well and there were no slow or boring or awkward* parts. The acting was great, too. One of my favorite parts was how they did the story of the Deathly Hollows. I wasn't expecting them to change styles for that, but it worked really well. I hope part II will be as good as this was.

*except for
    Spoiler:

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I saw it last night.

It's a strong film series. They're all pretty well made. Yeah, they don't always match the books 100%, but that doesn't make them bad movies for me. Just different.

When I first watch PoA, I hated it. It was my favourite of the series then and I was really looking forward to it. And a lot was left out and I was disappointed. But, as film on its own I think it's aged the best of the earlier films.

Currently, OotP is my least favourite film in the series (and my least favourite book in the series too XD).

I'm not quite sure how I feel about Deathly Hallows Part 1 yet. I think of all the ones released thus far, this one is the most difficult to follow if you haven't seen the previous films or read the books. All the others have been pretty good at being stand alone films. This one, not so much.

I'm fine with the book being split in two. I don't know if I like how it was handled. But, I think that's because I've read the book and I know how it ends. So, I wasn't really left going "Oooh, what's going to happen next?". But, again, I think that's entirely because I've read the book.

Still looking forward to the next/last one though.

Anyway, I enjoyed the movie. I miss the old days when it all felt more magical and less doom and gloom but not much they can do about that. That said though, I enjoyed the book (or at least the half covered in the film) far more. So... the problem probably isn't content, but how it was presented from a technical stand point. Good acting and cinematography though.

I enjoyed the dance scene in the tend. Sure it was goofy, but it was supposed to be. Goofing around to keep their spirits. I don't really care if it wasn't in the book. Wasn't really happy with how Ron's worst fears were depicted. It was a bit much.

So, as you can see I'm all over the place here lol

Ayselipera

FINALLY someone posts a thread for Harry Potter. I was beginning to lose faith in the community.

I went to the premiere. I can't say that I was in love with the movie, but it was still amazing none the less! I recognize that this movie was essential and more so of the movie that deals more with the plot being revealed a great deal. It just makes me more excited for the last movie to come out. I'm upset that Harry Potter is ending, though. JK Rowling said that she could write five more books on it, but she doesn't think she will. I wish she did, though that may harm the franchise more than help, but I'm being greedy and I don't want to face the end of it. Even though it has to be done some time.

I read the same thing too and at first I was excited, but then afterwards I realized that could end up ruining the whole series. Plus I have this horribly cliché feeling that the next villain would be 'Voldemort's secret child that avenges their father' sort of thing. Anyways I think the saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" applies here. It ended on a good note and it's probably best to leave it where it's at.

When I first watch PoA, I hated it. It was my favourite of the series then and I was really looking forward to it. And a lot was left out and I was disappointed. But, as film on its own I think it's aged the best of the earlier films.

I relate so much to this! Before The Half Blood Prince came out Prisoner of Azkaban was my favorite book. When I saw the movie I was disappointed because so much had been changed around and left out. It was especially disappointing since the first two movies followed closely to the original stories and were filled with direct quotes from the books. There was a change in director though when the third movie was shot and as you can see his style was much different. With all that said though it has ended up being one of my favorites out of all the movies. Although Chamber of Secrets is still my absolute favorite.

Anyways it looks like everyone has pretty good things to say about the movie which is great! I was going to see it the day after it came out, but little things keep arising here and there so I haven't been able to see it just yet. I'm hoping by at least Friday and if not I don't even know. D: I have to see it soon especially with all the positive things I've been hearing about it here and everywhere else.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    I've read all the books and seen all the movies [I saw Deathly Hallows at midnight but we'll get to that]
    I can see why people say they hate the films because they aren't replicas of the books, but I must say, that being a film nerd and aspiring screen writer, I can truly appreciate each movie for what it is, not what it isn't. If the film strays from the book, I say, that wasn't expected, but it was very well done (if it was).

I will admit I'm not a die hard, HP fan, but I am a huge fan of the films.

Onto Deathly Hallows now! I saw it at the midnight screening and loved it so much! When it ended I was like, "NO!" I easily could've sat there and watched another 2 and a half hours of film, even if it ended up being over 5 hours. The plot was highly engaging, it was beautifully shot and there was a good balance between action and other factors.

My only irk was an evident lack of comedy, and while I know the movie is very dark and not made to be comic or anything, I think a few more moments would've added to the film.

All in all, it is a fantastic movie and recommended to anyone who has seen all the other movies/read the books. For those who haven't, don't see this movie. You will be very confused and lost throughout the whole film as it relies heavily on the past stories for plot.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I saw it last Friday. I. Loved. It. I can't wait for part two, but I don't want to wait until July! D:

Sean

Years
    I really, really, really, need to see this already.. ;_; I'm a big HP fan.
    Probably will go over weekend.

Back