• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Harry Potter Or Lord Of The Rings?

Harry Potter Or Lord Of The Rings

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    lord of the rings was waaaayyyyy too long. i'm a big fan of harry potter, so i'm going with those even though they weren't as well made. i did enjoy them more... after reading half-blood prince, i've decided that i want to direct it. it won't happen, but it would be awesome if it did.

Amy-chan

Has vacated the premises
    Years
    Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings?

That is the question of the century. Both are my favorite series. *leaves to ponder for several weeks*

Lil' Schu

never an honest word... ♫
    Years
    Legolas said:
    WHO GAVE ME BAD REP FOR NO REASON????? WELL SCREW U! DDIIIIEEEEEEEEEEE REP DIE?!! That is SOOO childish
    And that was SPAMmy. >>

HP, only because I never really got into LoTR.

*huggles her 6 book set~*

ArticunoIce

I wub my wiitle Yugi. <3
    Years
    Lord of The Rings.

I'm not TOO big of a Harry Potter fan. Although, the second Harry Potter was pretty good. Once I read about 256 pages in the Fourth book, it started to bore me. So, I've lost some interest..

Years
    As far as the movies go, I may have to call it a draw for me; the series' were both good in their own ways. HP may have a slight advantage because it's still "active", but the extreme coolness of LotR brings it up level, and maybe a little ahead.

As for the books, I've gotta say that I like LotR more. The writing and story are much deeper, especially once you get into The Silmarillion and such. Not to say I don't like HP; heck, I camped out at Barnes & Noble to get my copy of HBP as fast as I could! But I prefer LotR; more depth, great characters, brilliant writing style. *sigh* So cool.

~ Saphy ~

Setsuna Moto

Kienzan!
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Ohio
    • Seen Nov 25, 2005
    Harry Potter is much better.

The LoTR books are ok but I got bored with them. The movie... no offense but I didn't get what made them so great. I like the hobbits though lol.

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    Movies? LoTR. It's beautiful, and the acting is wonderful. <3

Bookwise - well, HP, since I could READ it. xD I tried reading LoTR... didn't make it through. o.x;

RoxasOld

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 29, 2006
    Books: Harry Potter

Movie: Lord Of The Rings

The Lord of The Rings movies were AWESOME. But the books were pretty boring.

The Harry Potter books were readable. Though it can get boring sometimes, it's not always boring, like the Lord Of The Rings books. And when it's not boring, it's freakin awesome XD. The movies are great, but the LOTR movies are much better.

Years
    Lord of the rings all the way for the films. Harry Potter films were a bit of a let down compared to the books. I do prefere the Harry Potter books to the Lord of the Rings ones though.

Peach

Finnish Love ♥
    Years
    I'd say Lord of the Rings.

As a book Harry Potter is much better IMO but as a movie Lord of the Rings beat HP any day XD

I love Lord of the rings movie-saga and I have watched every movie loving them very much but Harry Potter movies have been little bit disapointing. First two movies were kinda good but third one was kinda boring.

Kenta

OK! Kanpeki!
    Years
    I'd pick LOTR books, movies, and even the games vs. Harry Potter anyday.
    But Tolkien's short stories of the first and second age of middle earth(Silmarillion) totally beats out both. They should make movies or tv series of it. So many tales to go over.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back