• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Has any anime shows make you cry?

Ochigi

Epic Bi Dude
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    Yes,In Naruto when Sarutobi died...The funeral music is sad...

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
    Recently, in Code Geass R2. I didn't actually cry, but it was really sad. T_T
    Spoiler:

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    Code Geass R2

Spoiler:

Keroro Gunso (Sgt. Keroro)

Spoiler:

Demigod

umop ap!sdn
    Years
    Yes, Rurouni Kenshin(the ovas only*Samurai X reflection*) - Death Note(because it was so good and when light died i was shocked) - FullMetal Panic fumoffu(because it's SO funny)

J

good morning
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    beware of spoilers, my friends!

Toradora: episodes 16, (the "THANK YOU VERY MUCH!" scene) 13, (Minorin and Ryuuji holding hands) and 19 (just about all of it).
    5 Centimeters per Second: The final sequence; at the instant the song started playing.
    AIR: The last episode.
    Darker than Black: Ryuusei no Gemini: Episode 10. (Where Suou was going all, "CALL MY NAME!" (more like moe-death, but still.))
    CLANNAD: After Story: The Kyou special episode.
    Eureka Seven: The 26th episode.
    Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Rebroadcast: Episode 6, when I realized that Snowy Mountain Syndrome and Disappearance were not going to be adapted.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    I've never cried because of an anime, but a few have caused me to mope around in a depressed stupor for a while.

The two that immediately come to mind are Episode Six of Time of Eve, and the ending of Pale Cocoon.

falling up+
    Years
    Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

That WAS my summer.

Its not for everyone But I truly let it all out in a few episodes, especially the finale. You are simply not human if you cant cry once watching this.

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
    Can anyone say Clannad? I honestly dislike that anime, but come on. Fuko's story really hit me hard. And then Wolf's Rain, my first real anime... freaking Toboe.

...I also probably cried during Sailor Moon as a kid. [/shot]

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
    Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

That WAS my summer.

Its not for everyone But I truly let it all out in a few episodes, especially the finale. You are simply not human if you cant cry once watching this.

OH MY LORD, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

I was starting to lose hope on all you people.

I can easily say hands down this is THE MOST depressing anime I have ever watched, and probably ever will watch. Ever. If you did not cry (on average) at least once per episode, I would be shocked if you were even human. I can say that I've cried on average about every episode or so (especially towards the ending). I'm also seeing tons and TONS of you listing "oh when Pikachu (almost) left." or "when L/Light/whoever died", but this. This just does not compare... not even close. It's just not..

I would seriously recommend this anime, especially for those who enjoy shows that are not for the faint of heart. Words cannot express how much I love this series... I'd put it up there with Elfen Lied, another great one (and one I've also cried watching), for sure. I can definitely say it's a favorite, and those are hard to come by these days, especially when most anime I watch I can't even finish because they aren't interesting enough to catch my attention for more than ten episodes.

falling up+
    Years
    OH MY LORD, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

I was starting to lose hope on all you people.

I can easily say hands down this is THE MOST depressing anime I have ever watched, and probably ever will watch. Ever. If you did not cry (on average) at least once per episode, I would be shocked if you were even human. I can say that I've cried on average about every episode or so (especially towards the ending). I'm also seeing tons and TONS of you listing "oh when Pikachu (almost) left." or "when L/Light/whoever died", but this. This just does not compare... not even close. It's just not..

I would seriously recommend this anime, especially for those who enjoy shows that are not for the faint of heart. Words cannot express how much I love this series... I'd put it up there with Elfen Lied, another great one (and one I've also cried watching), for sure. I can definitely say it's a favorite, and those are hard to come by these days, especially when most anime I watch I can't even finish because they aren't interesting enough to catch my attention for more than ten episodes.

This was a really hard watch for me. And yes I did cry on average once per episode. The waiting week to week between episodes since it was still airing in japan at the time was killing me. Especially with the doubts in the air.

Its rare such a series comes along, and its rare it moves me this emotionally. Its a pure moment and I cherished it.

My god I love this series. :(

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
    I watched the first movie yesterday my eyes started watering :(

I also realised how cute mew is when he keeps falling of the windmill :D

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    This was a really hard watch for me. And yes I did cry on average once per episode. The waiting week to week between episodes since it was still airing in japan at the time was killing me. Especially with the doubts in the air.

Its rare such a series comes along, and its rare it moves me this emotionally. Its a pure moment and I cherished it.

My god I love this series. :(
    I might have to go back and watch it now, I dropped it after the second episode.

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
    I might have to go back and watch it now, I dropped it after the second episode.

I'll admit, the first episode did start out a bit slow, but it picks itself up along towards the middle, as well as
    Spoiler:
    . The further the series had gone along, the more depressing it got, and the more I ended up loving it, up 'till the end where it grew to be one of my all-time favorite series.. ever. If I were you, I would definitely go back and finish watching the series. I'm sure you'll eventually find out how good it was as well. :)

Phantom Kat

A Daydreamer Longing To Write
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen May 12, 2010
    Full Metal Alchemist (original and Brotherhood)

Spoiler:

Pandora Hearts

Spoiler:

- Kat

May.

♥~M e m o r i e s.
    Years
    The last episode of Vampire Knight

Spoiler:

& Pandora Hearts
    Spoiler:

and so these are the only animes that actually made me cry.

Back