• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Has anybody ever made fun of you for liking Pokemon?

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    Sigh... I hope this isn't already a thread- I tried to search but couldn't:C.

Anyhow- As the title states, has anybody ever made fun of you for liking pokemon? This can be real life, internet, etc. Today someone called me a pokebit*h on youtube. Haha. I was like wow... do people seriously have nothing better to do then decry other peoples hobbies?

It reminds me of those idiots on Youtube , who insist on trolling every music video ever uploaded. Anyhow- share your thoughts and experiences:D

(I hate haters:S Hahaha).

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    I don't know anyone who likes Pokemon, but I openly do, and no one has made fun of me for it yet.

Season

Garden Gladiator
    Years
    Nope. All my friends love Pokemon. My girlfriend thinks it's cute that I play the games. In fact, we were just talking about what a great Pokemon Eevee is today.

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    Haha good guys! Yeah no one has had the nerve to say it to me in real life... People are so brave on the net... I would be so scared to meet one of these tough guys...:D I am an open pokefan to- and none of my immediate friends like it, but don't say anything about it either.

I am 21... But who can shake the pokestalgia, seriously?:)

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    People here hate pokemon, because it isn't the in thing... but here's the thing, even though they do normally taunt people, they don't taunt me, because they're afraid of me. I am a pretty big person, and not many people are as big as I am. They're afraid to, but they would if I wasn't a big person.

One of my friends is taunted and likes pokemon... but he's taunted for a different reason. But that contributes to it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I used to be really closeted about my liking of Pokemon, but now I'm not. And if people teased me I'd punch their teeth out.

True fact.

Season

Garden Gladiator
    Years
    Haha good guys! Yeah no one has had the nerve to say it to me in real life... People are so brave on the net... I would be so scared to meet one of these tough guys...:D I am an open pokefan to- and none of my immediate friends like it, but don't say anything about it either.

I am 21... But who can shake the pokestalgia, seriously?:)

Most people who like Pokemon around here don't get made fun of for it because of the nostalgia that goes along with it.
    It's funny, I live around some of the cruelest, most heartless people you could ever imagine, but they all have a soft spot for Pokemon. :P

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    Ahh sorry man. I am a pretty compact guy, but would tell someone to STFU if they ever ripped on it to me in person.

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
    love pokemon and im not going to hide it i tell all my friends they all call me the childish one but they dont care im still me and i can still kick there arse at bball no matter what game i play

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    love pokemon and im not going to hide it i tell all my friends they all call me the childish one but they dont care im still me and i can still kick there arse at bball no matter what game i play

Good for you:D Playing pokemon definitely doesn't imply lack of kinetic cabability. I can school most my freinds a Bball 2:D

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    a whole lot of people. i hate them all >>
    That's so very true......

And apart from my friends, my parents also don't like my pokefan attitude. :'(

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    People used to try in high school but once they saw that I didn't care what they had to say, they usually stopped. Besides, everyone my age was probably a Pokemon fan when it came out so if I played my cards right, I could usually turn it right around into a nostalgia discussion which was pretty cool. :] Now in university, either no one cares or they'll admit to liking it too so it's awesome.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Not anymore...most of the people I associate with have accepted that I'm a huge Nintendo nerd anyways, so me being a fan of Pokemon is no surprise to them. XD

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    My friends know I play Pokemon. Only one of them also plays it, but the rest accept that and even ask me questions about the newest games (a few of them haven't played it since 1st/2nd gen and are actually curious about the changes since).

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2014
    Nope, once a guy in my school played pokemon during recess and I was like '' DUDE THAT'S A RISK ''

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2009
    kinda......but not really.idk my closer friends are all into duty so i just don't pay attention to thier convos about it but they'll joke and say oh and he likes pokemon.and then i say"well ill just send in my gyrados to hyperbeam all your lil soliders half way to hell" lol. but no people always see me talking about it and drawing them but like they no if they say anyhting to me i just really ignore it or tell argue till i get my point across.so it's w/e .

Years
    I didn't really tell many people that i play Pokemon, only some friends, who do either play pokemon as well or at least respect it. Most other people probably think i'm only playing shooters, like everyone does, but most shooters tend to get boring for me after about 15 minutes...

Back