• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Has anybody ever made fun of you for liking Pokemon?

Rudy

give us a song ex boyfriend
Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    My god all the time.
    I usually make a joke out of it which sometimes shuts them up, but sometimes they keep whining about it.
    It's always a different story when I diss their fandoms though ;)

Last edited:

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • They do, but I know they're only doing that for the sake of teasing me. I actually find their jokes about Pokemon hilarious.

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
    Years
  • Yeah, some of my friends do tease me. But it's in a joking manner, since there are a few closet fans of Pokemon I know. Among my close friends, we do talk about Pokemon once in awhile, since everyone's played it before - it only depends to what extent/enthusiasm. There are a few who've played the first generation games only, or until the third generation etc. We don't talk about Pokemon often, but when we do it gets pretty nostalgic and amusing.

I also have competitive IV/EV breeder friends IRL. Personally, I'm not a competitive battler, but they're great to go to for moveset help sometimes.

Basicly, no. Pokemon isn't really something people use to make fun for me. There are loads of other ways anyway XD

Obi-Wan Jerkobi

Great Party!
    Years
  • They really shouldn't. I mean, my dad is like 42 years old and plays Emerald Version on the subway ride to and from work.:cheeky:

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
  • There's this one really anoying kid ad school, he's one of my friends, but one day I went to the bathroom at lunch then I came back end everyone was calling me Pikachu.

PKFL_531

What do you expect?
    Years
  • "No matter where you go anywhere, you will always meet people who have different opinions about things. Never mind what they say because your opinion is your opinon, not theirs."

i have been made fun of, but i really never cared.

SCV058

The Able Vet
    Years
  • The point is one everyone says that games like Pokemon (and I used to play Yu-Gi-Oh) are kids games, yet it seems to me that a large majority of the players and in addition the best players are not kids-

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    EVERYONE is making fun of me because i like Pokemon. They say Pokemon are for babies. But i don't care - whoever thinks that is a retard. I believe Pokemon have a deeper meaning to them; they are not just.. Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2014
    I am quiet about it, I dont know anyone in my school who is playing, but I think my best friend does.. I mean, he doesnt tell what does he do when Im not with him, or if he tells its something what you normally do, and almost always when rarely when someone bring up pokemon in all convos, he shuts up and is quiet about it like he would be hiding something.. but I just dont know should I take the risk and tell him that I play the games :D

Kitty!

mandi
    Years
  • Hah, well basically everyone born in the early 90's, grew up with Pokemon. So it's nothing to be ashamed of to say you still do like very much. :3
    Honestly, I bet even the people who will make fun of you, still do like it inside.

And me? Nah. Nobody ever makes fun of me. And in high school, I openly admitted it, and got along with everyone pretty much.
    Pokemon is kinda that 'cool' thing to like nowadays anyways. :x THEY SELL THE SHIRTS AND EVERYTHING AT HOT TOPIC AND PLACES. ahah.

But no. And if people make fun of me, I LOL in their face. :>

HappyEmoKid

DRAGON POKEMON FTW!!!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2009
    everyone one plays it at my class, (besides some people who just mock you for the fun of it) and if they did, their nose would be bent upwards anyway =D

Ben.

Orange I s l a n d s~
    Years
  • Nope not at all.
    I don't show it in anyway.
    I don't think anyone in my school likes pokemon apart from me, i'm sure they are but they just thinks the same things as me. i have alot of friends on Pokecommunity and deviantART though maybe when i'm old i will go and see them hopefully.
    so no i don't the only person who know is my brother. and i trust him so much.

wobbadude1

Everybody Polkamon!
    Years
  • Yes, but what they like is usually a load of rubbish anyway!

In fact, I've converted some friends into Pokefans! :D

Last edited:

Kasiren

Gyarados Lover
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2009
    I wasn't ever really made fun of.

A few kids when I was younger would openly say that they hated Pokemon, but now nobody in my school really plays it or cares about it. Some of my friends think they are cute, though, and some still really like the games.

Aro-kun

Pokemon trainer
    Years
  • No one makes fun of me for playing it in highschool. I'm black and around 6"2....and i go to a white school. so they're probably intimidated by me. I do have a few friends that also play it. and i have one that gets annoyed when we talk about pokemon. and the girl i like thinks its cute that i play pokemon.....and yugioh...lol They used to make fun of me for it in middle school (different county....i moved). But they eventually stopped. since we had about 30 people in our group that played it Lol. But yeah i'm open about it. Make fun of me now for it and you know what'll happen }:]

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2009
    Last week I wore my Raichu T-shirt to school, Had it since the 6th grade, Now i'm 11th, Still fit's oddly, I was fat in 6th grade, Anyway, a bunch of people were calling me Odd. One kid even called me a P***y. The whole day though, All I could think was I remember in the fourth grade when we all were trading cards, That lead me to think that they must feel insecure because all my freind's that never liked Pokemon thought it was cool I liked it. Whereas people I used to play it with made fun of me.

yaminokaitou

りゅうのマスター
    Years
  • I'm a huge gamer and "Nintendo fan", so it's kind of expected. Most of my friends play or have played pokemon games, so they couldn't tease me even if they wanted. My sister-in-law hates pokemon, though she doesn't bother me about it.

In college, no one cared. Actually, a lot of my classmates bugged me until I bought Pokemon Pearl, and then I was the only one who ended up beating it. XD

Amulet Dream

has the Alice of Running Away.
    Years
  • I've been made fun of heaps by my brother, cousins, and some guy classmates. I don't care though, they're creeps/weirdos. They like bad stuff, anyways. (Bad as in evil, stupid, and useless.)

And the girls? Unless they're my friends, I know they talk bad about me behind my back because of Pokemon. They don't say it to my face, but I know that in the change rooms they talk in groups about my so called 'lameness because I like Pokemon'. Cowards. If they know me well enough, they'd know that I wouldn't give a damn if someone said that I was weird.

Seriously, I didn't know that you had to like something in order to be considered 'cool'. What you like is what you like, nothing more, nothing less. I'm not going to let someone decide what my hobbies and interests are. D<

/confusing post

Back