• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

UnderMybrella

Wandering Programmer
Years
  • And when you don't give up, you beat the odds! Longest week of breeding of my career.
    21kjqkz.jpg
    \Congrats! And thanks for the encouragement :)

Years
  • I gave up on Trapinch for right now, because I'm helping someone hunt a shiny Skiddo. So that's what I'm currently breeding. ^_^

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    On my 117th Espurr egg right now and counting, I have no interest on giving up on this one, just yet.
    ... But if i get a shiny male Espurr, I will go to route 3 and +100 sword dance hyperbeam every living magikarp in that river.

Caiustheblack

Breeder for the sake of it.
    Years
  • i got a shiny charmander after around -circa-130 eggs hatched from a local charmander and a jap one. What i ve noticed was that the light effect on the eggs slightly moved towards the center of the image with every egg hatched (i need some feedback on this tho :O)
    EDIT:WHAT? my brother just found a shiny charmelon in the safari.... i start thinking Masuda method is not worth it if you want something that can be found via safari pokeradar....lol

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Oct 25, 2013
    A friend was over breeding a foreign Ditto with a foreign Charmander for about 8 hours straight. It took almost 40 eggs but he did manage to get a shiny. If you have LOTS of time on your hands then yeah, Masuda Method still works.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    On my 117th Espurr egg right now and counting, I have no interest on giving up on this one, just yet.
    ... But if i get a shiny male Espurr, I will go to route 3 and +100 sword dance hyperbeam every living magikarp in that river.
    Partially why I gave up. I would've been seriously pissed off if I didn't get a female.

Hinokage

Ghost Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • \Congrats! And thanks for the encouragement :)

Thank you very, very much. This is just a battle victory though, the war isn't over until we've all bred our shiny Pokemon.

After 90+ eggs I got a shiny charmander. Now, I'm trading the ones that aren't shiny away in Wonder Trade.

Congratulations on your Charmander! And I'm glad you're not just releasing the extra ones, I'm sure you'll make someone happy with those Charmander you aren't going to use.

i got a shiny charmander after around -circa-130 eggs hatched from a local charmander and a jap one. What i ve noticed was that the light effect on the eggs slightly moved towards the center of the image with every egg hatched (i need some feedback on this tho :O)
    EDIT:WHAT? my brother just found a shiny charmelon in the safari.... i start thinking Masuda method is not worth it if you want something that can be found via safari pokeradar....lol

Pokeradar doesn't actually work in the Friend Safari, I'm sure we've all tried it but it would definitely just be way to convenient. xD Congratulations to you and your brother though.

Jigglymilk

Night Of The Final Day
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 12, 2016
    I have hatch about 750+ egg, I hope Pumpkaboo shine soon.

I would just Friend Safari pumpkaboo if I were you :) I caught two shiny lampent today in a ghost safari that contains Lampent and Pumpkaboo. I'm sure ill find that adorable purple pumpkin bastard any encounter now :P

Caiustheblack

Breeder for the sake of it.
    Years
  • Pokeradar doesn't actually work in the Friend Safari, I'm sure we've all tried it but it would definitely just be way to convenient. xD Congratulations to you and your brother though.
    Well i think i ve just put words together wrongly, i was going to type pokeradar OR safari, some words got lost in the process XD, however. what i m willing to tell you is that i certainly wont try to run a Masuda pumpkaboo now that i have Pumpkaboo in the safari

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    -Slightly Irrelevant- Does anyone know if honey/sweet scent work in the friend safari? -/Slightly Irrelevant-

It works perfectly fine!
    ...You just don't get hordes from it.

Back on topic, heading towards 270 Espurr eggs now, still no sign at all. Even the the female ones got horrible nature and stats.

UnderMybrella

Wandering Programmer
    Years
  • It works perfectly fine!
    ...You just don't get hordes from it.

Back on topic, heading towards 270 Espurr eggs now, still no sign at all. Even the the female ones got horrible nature and stats.
    Ah ok. Thanks.
    Just remembered that the Pokemon there have a chance for their hidden ability anyway....

Anyway, 2 and 1/2 boxes, still going strong!

DuoRyan

Hack'in as usual, it seem.
    Years
  • This is no longer a hunt for a shiny, but a test to see if my insanity will remain intact. Shiny Pumpkaboo I'm looking at you, 720 egg, and nothing.

Universal

Musician
    Years
  • I'm at 300 for Noibat, it'll be my third Masuda once I get it. Froakie still got the shortest amount of eggs hatched at 168.

Has anyone ever got a Masuda Method shiny with a parent holding an everstone?

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Dec 30, 2014
    Shiny Breeding Pokemon x & y

i was just curious whats the longest it's taken for some of you to breed a shiny pokemon?

I'm using the masuda method and am currently on 520 of the same pokemon breed and still no shiny. please tell me this is normal. lately i've been seeing people say they've done this with less attempts and have gotten success. anyone else have luck this bad or is it just me?

Hinokage

Ghost Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • No worries, it's all luck..didn't get my shiny until over 1000 eggs in. Was it worth it? Yes it was. Just be patient with it. Though I don't know if it's been confirmed or not if the Masuda Method works while parents are holding IV/Nature passing items, best to play it safe and take them off.

Back