• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
Years
  • I was working on the Pokedex to get the Oval Charm for a bit while I was hatching Miltanks as well...I finished my Pokedex last night so...

Now I'm just focused on hatching my Miltank!

Oval Charm + Flame Body + Hatching O-Power = More output! :)

Almost up to the 300 range. GOTTA KEEP GOING!

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    I wanted to breed a shiny that actually has some competity use now.... I already have my 4-ivs scizor (got a lil bit unlucky on 4 max ivs only but lack of speed is not that big issue lol) hand he is a blast.... Do you guys have any other suggestions on a shiny mon which is both cool-looking and uber tier?

I dunno about whether you mean the Smogon tiers or not (I don't like them :() but I'm a fan of shiny Aegislash. He looks sickkkk

I'm up to about 100 eggs now in my quest for a shiny Honedge, I'm not giving up! Trying to get perfect IVs at the same time, almost always get 4 consistently now. Hope I get it soon!

Years
  • Grats! I am doing about 60/day for whatever shiny I am working on. Currently I'm trying for a Tyrunt on an ENG game using JPN-KOR parents (testing a theory about not requiring one parent to be native to your region). No luck yet but I'm only about 100 eggs in. I'll call it quits and admit my failure if I reach 1,000. Until then, hatch hatch hatch!

Neither parent has to be from your region they just have to be from different countries. Good luck :).

jordsta95

That guy with 6 Magikarps
    Years
  • Well I am obviously not 100% on how reliable the masuda method is as I got a shiny Squirtle on the 3rd-5th egg (can't remember if I had bred it 2 times before or not) and that was with my British Blastoise and a Japanese Ditto...
    But here is where it gets annoying....
    Seadra, Japanese (not sure if it is from Japan, but definitley not UK... could be America or Japan most likely) 2 boxes full of Horseas not a single shiny :/

This may sound stupid, but I know UK/USA - Japan trades will work with Masuda Method but will UK - USA work, as a lot of my pokemon that are traded in are US poke's and if it does work, time would be saved :P

Feunard

Random Trainer
    Years
  • I just got a shiny eevee and now I'm trying for a shiny female vulpix. Even though the chances of getting a female vulpix is very high, in my platinum game while chaining, I always managed to get a male shiny vulpix. Never a female one. If I get a male shiny vulpix while hatching I'm just going to wonder trade it away and make someone else happy.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2014
    Neither parent has to be from your region they just have to be from different countries. Good luck :).

That's what I was thinking too, but the one poster asking about the Region tags had me questioning myself. I want to do this anyway so I can tell people with surety and personal experience that ANY MM pair will work no matter the OT or native region silliness. This is actually my first gen of games where I'm doing some serious breeding, and all I've done so far is a few MM pairings for shiny babies. Haven't even tried my hand at IV breeding, or personality/moveset breeding. That's a whole other can of worms I'm not ready to go headfirst into yet. I did some basic research and learned about the Destiny Knot and Everstone hold items and what they do for breeding, but that's about it. IV breeding will come later when I've grown bored of MM breeding and want to set up a fun team with my favorite Pokemon. Vaporeon and Espeon with strong IVs, I can't even imagine. :D

Pecilia

Best Witch
    Years
  • Recently got a Shiny Makuhita on the first hatch. Was breeding for the pokemon itself but it got me a Zapdos so I'm happy. Think it has a decent nature too.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2014
    Well I am obviously not 100% on how reliable the masuda method is as I got a shiny Squirtle on the 3rd-5th egg (can't remember if I had bred it 2 times before or not) and that was with my British Blastoise and a Japanese Ditto...
    Seadra, Japanese (not sure if it is from Japan, but definitley not UK... could be America or Japan most likely) 2 boxes full of Horseas not a single shiny :/

This may sound stupid, but I know UK/USA - Japan trades will work with Masuda Method but will UK - USA work, as a lot of my pokemon that are traded in are US poke's and if it does work, time would be saved :P

It will work if you see any USA Pokemon with tags near the names, like the JPN Pokemon have. If there is no tag, I'm not sure it will work and I wouldn't risk attempting MM in that situation. Your best bet to always have a pair of parents MM-compatible is to keep a box of different region dittos and pair them up with whatever you are trying to breed. I have JPN, KOR, and I think GER dittos, plus a few native ones. I am keeping every ditto I get in a trade and when I start IV breeding I'll check their stats and use the Markings to notate their strongest IVs. For your breeding though, just keep doing what you are doing. Don't get dismayed if you get a few boxes full of regular babies, keep trying! It took me almost 300 eggs before shiny Charmander appeared (that's almost 10 boxes). Keep trying!!

Esoj

Ekruum Fortrez
    Years
    • PR
    • Seen Jul 9, 2015
    I wanted to breed a shiny that actually has some competity use now.... I already have my 4-ivs scizor (got a lil bit unlucky on 4 max ivs only but lack of speed is not that big issue lol) hand he is a blast.... Do you guys have any other suggestions on a shiny mon which is both cool-looking and uber tier?
    Uber tier? well, shiny Genesect has a cool appearance, Rayquaza's black is awesome, and Ho-Oh's shiny colors are great as well. These are cool shiny Ubers imo.

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    Well I am obviously not 100% on how reliable the masuda method is as I got a shiny Squirtle on the 3rd-5th egg (can't remember if I had bred it 2 times before or not) and that was with my British Blastoise and a Japanese Ditto...

The Masuda Method has been proven to exist regardless of which regions you choose, but you know, though it does increase chances significantly...it still is just a chance.

Meaning, even if the odds are better you could hatch 5000 eggs searching for a shiny and still never find one. Statistics aren't guarantees, they just tell us that the effort is worth making. :) And I say it is if you're dedicated to getting that shiny!

Good luck!

Garlana

The boy who never grew up.
    Years
  • Hey guys, im after a bit of reassurance, I've hatched around 150 pinsir eggs so far. Parents are a Female pinsir from one of my own friend safari's on my uk purchased game it has a adamant nature and holding an everstone, the male is a traded 'FRE' tagged pokemon from GTS holding a destiny knot, its called Scarabrute which I think is Pinsir's name in French. I merely just wanted clarification that in this case the French Pokémon is classed as 'foreign' for the masuda method in the same respects as a Japanese Pokémon. Please let me know as id hate to think im wasting time!

Still going at this after picking up and putting the game every day since my initial post.
    I honestly don't know how people keep count, im going through eggs so fast that I feel it would take more time if I were to stop and do the maths after each group that I get hatched.
    I'm on roughly 700-800(maybe more) eggs atm.
    Still in the back of my mind is that feeling of...'am I doing this wrong?'

For every one I hatch I keep reminding myself that im still no closer, as every egg has the same chance of popping out a shiny and it doesn't take into account the hours of painstaking time up until then.

I need some more words of encouragement as it is beginning to sicken me reading about these 'I hatched 5 and got a shiny' statistics. Arggggh!

still love the game though!

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2014
    Still going at this after picking up and putting the game every day since my initial post.
    I honestly don't know how people keep count, im going through eggs so fast that I feel it would take more time if I were to stop and do the maths after each group that I get hatched.

For every one I hatch I keep reminding myself that im still no closer, as every egg has the same chance of popping out a shiny and it doesn't take into account the hours of painstaking time up until then.

I need some more words of encouragement as it is beginning to sicken me reading about these 'I hatched 5 and got a shiny' statistics. Arggggh!

I count boxes. For my Charmanders, I actually named them numbers and kept track that way but it was easier after that to just count boxes. I leave 3-4 boxes open and available for rejected babies, when those boxes fill up I either WT them away (if they're good or uncommon) or release them all and start over. That way, I need only remember how many times I filled up that set of boxes. Much easier!

Edit: I went back through the thread to find where you posted who your parent Pokemon were. A traded Pinsir from your friend, and a traded FRE Pinsir from WT. That qualifies for MM as long as the one you got from your friend is not also a FRE Pinsir. Just keep going!

Last edited:

Garlana

Years
  • I count boxes. For my Charmanders, I actually named them numbers and kept track that way but it was easier after that to just count boxes. I leave 3-4 boxes open and available for rejected babies, when those boxes fill up I either WT them away (if they're good or uncommon) or release them all and start over. That way, I need only remember how many times I filled up that set of boxes. Much easier!

Edit: I went back through the thread to find where you posted who your parent Pokemon were. A traded Pinsir from your friend, and a traded FRE Pinsir from WT. That qualifies for MM as long as the one you got from your friend is not also a FRE Pinsir. Just keep going!

Thanks for the response again, I meant to thank you last time, you kept me going then as well!

Edit: the pinsir I have is from friend safari, the other is from gts labelled FRE and goes by the name of pinsir in the French game.

Beyond Infinity

Couldn't Outfox a Donkey
    Years
  • I saw a page on the internet saying this method had about a 1 in 670 chance of getting a shiny.

So hatching 700 without a shiny, while annoying, is entirely possible. I must be on about 60 or so hatches with not so much as a sparkle.

Sevynn

Red like roses ♥
    Years
  • Just hatched egg number 162 and no shiny yet. My friend painstakingly hatched 600+ eggs to get his shiny Litwick via Masuda method. So if your willing to put in the hours and hard work, it will definitely pay-off. I keep reminding myself that another egg hatched is a step closer to that shiny as a motivator.

Years
  • Edit: the pinsir I have is from friend safari, the other is from gts labelled FRE and goes by the name of pinsir in the French game.

Actually, in French Pinsir is called Scarabrute.

Good luck guys with your hatching, hope you get your shiny soon! :)

Esoj

Ekruum Fortrez
    Years
    • PR
    • Seen Jul 9, 2015

The best motivation still being the prize pokemon. A blue pinsir is super cool, right? just keep going :) Look at it as a challenge, as something that you need to overcome to enjoy. The shiny poke as a hunt prize, more effort put, it is best to enjoy.
    Stay cool, don't be rush. As I said some post before, hatch the eggs, stay relaxed, watch a movie, study, get a nap, and start again the hunt. I did my hunt in this way, it took me around 3 days to get the whole pack of eggs hatched in order to get that Froakie (a beautiful black Greninja) I didn't spend hours hatching eggs, I hatch during the free time. If I don't get it in that time, I take a break and start again with some eggs :)
    I wish you the best of luck :D

Garlana

Years
  • Actually, in French Pinsir is called Scarabrute.

Good luck guys with your hatching, hope you get your shiny soon! :)

Yes you are correct, that is the name of the French Pinsir I'm using, thanks for the encouragement!

The best motivation still being the prize pokemon. A blue pinsir is super cool, right? just keep going :) Look at it as a challenge, as something that you need to overcome to enjoy. The shiny poke as a hunt prize, more effort put, it is best to enjoy.
    Stay cool, don't be rush. As I said some post before, hatch the eggs, stay relaxed, watch a movie, study, get a nap, and start again the hunt. I did my hunt in this way, it took me around 3 days to get the whole pack of eggs hatched in order to get that Froakie (a beautiful black Greninja) I didn't spend hours hatching eggs, I hatch during the free time. If I don't get it in that time, I take a break and start again with some eggs :)
    I wish you the best of luck :D

Im pretty much doing alot of the above, which is why I've lost count now and feel like I've probably done thousands already, thanks for the advice btw!

Last edited:

I hate Pokemon

Do u hate Pokemon?
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2016
    I got a shiny froakie in less than 20 egg.

It's been 1000+ eggs not a single shiny honedge was seen.

Pumpkaboo

Peek-a-boo
    Years
  • I'm at 1800 eggs for a shiny with no luck, while my friends are hatching them within 200 eggs. It's quite frustrating to be honest but it'll just make the shiny worth it once it comes.

Back