• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

Years
  • So I got the shiny charm and ater a few days of intense hatching I finally got my shiny Espurr with his HA, I'm so happy! ;_;

Here he is, that little darling :

Spoiler:

I need to find him a name... I originally wanted a female but since that's my third shiny Espurr, all males, (the first two had keen eye) it sems like it was fate and who am I to question it. Besides I never used a Pokemon with Prankster before, it should prove interesting.

I'll start breeding my growlithe now, hopefully it won't take too long, and then I'll be able to try my first shiny team ever, (after I EV train them of course) I can't wait. :D

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
  • Aaaahw I just hatched an adorable Shiny Pichu, with Volt Tackle (57 Eggs)!! :3 ^_^

Just decided to play Pokemon X again after I played Y for a while, to train my shinies and breed some with MM, and after just 57 Eggs in total I already hatched one! I still have to decide which shiny I will breed next, I am currently going for an all Shiny Kanto Team and I still need one team member now (I have: Charizard, Venusaur, Blastoise, Pichu and Pidgeot shiny in this team currently) :3

This leaves me now with:
    - Amaura (7 Eggs)
    - Charmander (532 Eggs + Everstone)
    - Eevee (28 Eggs)
    - Squirtle (8 Eggs)
    - Bulbasaur (450 Eggs)
    - Pichu (57 Eggs)

These are the Shinies I hatched since obtaining the Shiny Charm ^_^ I took a long break for a while from breeding in my Pokemon X game, but I think I will concentrate on breeding again after this break :3 Will keep you guys updated.

Shiny Charm for me = <3

Years
  • Aaaahw I just hatched an adorable Shiny Pichu, with Volt Tackle (57 Eggs)!! :3

Just decided to play Pokemon X again after I played Y for a while, to train my shinies and breed some with MM, and after just 57 Eggs in total I already hatched one! I still have to decide which shiny I will breed next, I am currently going for an all Shiny Kanto Team and I still need one team member now (I have: Charizard, Venusaur, Blastoise, Pichu and Pidgeot shiny in this team currently) :3

This leaves me now with:
    - Amaura (7 Eggs)
    - Charmander (532 Eggs + Everstone)
    - Eevee (28 Eggs)
    - Squirtle (8 Eggs)
    - Bulbasaur (450 Eggs)
    - Pichu (57 Eggs)

These are the Shinies I hatched since obtaining the Shiny Charm I took a long break for a while from breeding in my Pokemon X game, but I think I will concentrate on breeding again after this break :3 Will keep you guys updated.

Shiny Charm for me = <3

Wow, you're lucky! An Amaura after 7 eggs and a Pichu after 57 is awesome. I've tried fruitlessly to breed a shiny Eevee, but gave up after five boxes. Right now I'm breeding for a Voltorb to give to my friend, but no luck so far. I'm not going to give up this time, though! :3

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
  • Wow, you're lucky! An Amaura after 7 eggs and a Pichu after 57 is awesome. I've tried fruitlessly to breed a shiny Eevee, but gave up after five boxes. Right now I'm breeding for a Voltorb to give to my friend, but no luck so far. I'm not going to give up this time, though! :3

Thanks! Yeah I was really Lucky to hatch them this fast :)

Ahhw too bad, maybe try for another Eevee next Time? :) Really, good luck on the Voltorb ;) Be patient and hold on! You will get it eventually!

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2014
    Hatched a shiny Espurr a few hours ago after hunting with the shiny charm for 3 days. It's the first shiny I've hatched and it's so cute!!

I'm hoping to hatch two more (a boy and girl) so I can make a shiny family for the lil' thing :)

XxTOOLxX

The Playboy
    Years
  • As I mentioned in shiny hunters topic, I finaly got a shiny froakie after 6 boxes of hatching... And it had torrent... There's some lucky person out there who traded a mudkip for a shiny froakie on the gts xP. I'm sure he'll have some good use for it, if even just a nice trading chip.

General Tso

The High Counselor
    Years
  • I'm working on it. Trying to breed a perfect hawlucha and in the process I found out I have a perfect 6x zoroark. Yes

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    I accidentally hatched a shiny Togepi with the masuda method. Shame it only has two perfect IVs :(

EDIT: One of the parents was from foreign game and I never noticed until after the egg hatched.

Last edited:

Akira Ichikawa

Pokemon Horder
    Years
  • I'm currently working on hatching a shiny Charmander using MM. Started yesterday and so far, after almost six boxes filled, I still haven't hatched one. But I refuse to be discouraged on my first try! :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2016
    That's awesome! i wish to get shinies too, wasn't it easier in X&Y?

I'm not sure, with the Shiny Charm the encounter rate for Shinies has been improved but that doesn't affect the MM.

Currently trying to get a Shiny Mudkip using the MM and I'm somewhere in the region of 200 eggs so far. It's a long process! I think the Larvesta was an incredible fluke to be honest.

aceattorneyweirdgirl

oh heck oh frig im girl now
    Years
    • she/her
    • Seen Jan 28, 2024
    Two so far, both while breeding up mons for VGC teams. Both hatched during the first batches of their respective breeding projects and I have yet to get the Shiny Charm.
    Timburr came in the first batch, so it was missing the nature, Drain Punch and all the IVs. The only thing it had was Mach Punch.

The other was an Onix which managed to have the right nature and ability, but no max IVs.

One of these days I'll get a shiny that's competitively usable...

Back