• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Has anyone used the Pledges in battle?

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    I've been in battles against it. It usually comes from a mega charizard Y venusaur lead and it can ohko just about anything. I've only seen it in the combination though.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
    I understand they've got a power boost this generation, but even with that I still don't use them very much because they only work in certain situations (e.g. certain Pokemon need to be together to utilize this combination) not to mention that these moves are useless in singles as they are outclassed by Energy Ball, Flamethrower and Scald/Surf. I think Sceptile and Greninja are the best candidates though due to their high Speeds.

Ársa

k.
    Years
    I understand they've got a power boost this generation, but even with that I still don't use them very much because they only work in certain situations (e.g. certain Pokemon need to be together to utilize this combination) not to mention that these moves are useless in singles as they are outclassed by Energy Ball, Flamethrower and Scald/Surf. I think Sceptile and Greninja are the best candidates though due to their high Speeds.

Obviously in singles they're outclassed, however in doubles they can be extremely effective.

The power boost to 80 BP this gen was significant, added to that the viability of Zard-Y and Chlorophyll Venusaur leads and it is a very potent combination that I myself have used to great effect online recently. The added benefit of removing an extra 1/8th of the opponent's HP each turn is also welcomed.

I haven't experimented using a combination with Water Pledge, however I believe the above combination is the most effective if only because it is the easiest to ensure success with. Simply double protect first turn, Sleep Powder and attack, then spam pledges on the switch with immunity.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
    I've used them all in Triple Battle mode (my favorite). I didn't bother planning out speeds of the Pokemon using them, though, so the outcomes were all rather unreliable. They are still pretty solid attacks in their own right.

zygardian harbinger

The One and Only
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2017
    Just keep in mind that only the Starters can learn the Pledges, so if you do use the Pledges, be sure to pick the best starters. I would probably use Mega Charizard Y, Empoleon, and Bulletproof Chesnaught.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2015
    Charizard Y and Chlorophyll Venusaur do work with this combo, it's tricky to play against.

Back