• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Has your internal battery died yet?

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
Years
  • Well this is an interesting topic. The problem all Poké fans dread. it's the horrible internal battery. Has yours died yet?

I bought a copy of Pokémon Silver off a friend and I took it home. I got really far into the game and I saved it. Later I came back and the save was deleted...I'm still planning on getting the battery replaced.

Has anyone else had their internal battery die yet?

suicidesal

GirlWithTheMostCake
    Years
  • Omgoodness! Don't even make me think about that- it's such a sad fate for all my pokemon games ( I was reccently given Red, Yellow, Gold and Crystal - which is cool cause i had blue and silver) and NONE of the internal batteries work. Makes me so sad that when I do want to play I can't (well technically I can) use my original copies.

Years
  • You can't really replace the internal batteries. You can always try to leave the gameboy on for a few hours without doing anything, as this can help to kick some life into the battery, but's not terribly effective.
    Funnily enough, the internal battery for my Gold is still fine.

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    Nope, my internal battery is still going strong, and I bought the game in 2001, and for help on the batteries, you could contact your local Nintendo Company building, and ask for advice/buy a new battery which should last for a good while.

xoBoxxy

Off the Wall
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Ohio
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    My Gold and Silver's internal battery work fine.
    My other copies of Gold and Silver however, the internal battery doesn't work T_T

Years
  • I have more than one copy of gold and silver and the batteries are all dead except for one gold.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    The battery in my silver is still going strong but then again I don't use it too often

Bleuhorn

The Space Cowboy.
    Years
  • Why would such a thing happen to all? Such a shame. My Gold version had roughly around 540:26 time played and that was right before my dumbass traded it in around 2004. Oops... I had an event mew as well, which was the sad part about it.

Chairzard

Professor oak finished chair
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2008
    Mine did a while ago with my Gold copy I got the 1st month gold came out quite a while ago, I already duped and traded most to my silver version which still works though.

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
  • Unfortunately, mine has died. I had pretty much beaten my entire way through Silver. I even had a Celebi (used a friend's Gameshark) that was deleted and it filled up my brother's Pokedex. My brother's game is still strong. He has a Shiny Golduck on it so he needs to grab some pictures and video of it before the battery dies.

Swampert 22

Is making tools for you...
    Years
  • I played Silver to death so consequently the battery has run dry. It's a real shame, but my Crystal version still works fine... I think *goes to check save game...*

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
    Years
  • I'm starting day 1 of attempting to recharge my internal battery. I've put my Pokémon Silver in my Gameboy SP and left the gameboy on. It's also hooked up to a charger. I hope this works..

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
  • Okay, I've got a Crystal Version with at LEAST 500+ hours! Yeah, I used to play it a lot....anyway, it still hasn't died! It's a miracle! I also have a Silver Version with a lot of hours on it that hasn't died yet.

I figured they would by now, but hey, I'm not complaining!

MrsMime

Humanshape Pokemon
    Years
  • Both my Silver and Crystal games are still working like new. Although I hope I'm not jynxing it. :|

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    My Crystal is still like new and I have used it for 578 hours! I would hate if my internal battery died... Well I guess I just got lucky with my battery!

woooooohooooooooooooo

Hardcore trainer? i think so
    Years
  • I've Had my Pokemon gold Since the FIRST day it came out
    The first day!!
    It's internal battery hasnt died yet ^^
    It's aesome cause i still have my very first pokemon team from that
    generation :[)
    And my gold has 876 hours ^^

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    Once ur battery is dead and won't save ur game anymore. Just easily get a new battery and replace it, but you need the correct tools to remove the old battery... ;]

Back