• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Has your internal battery died yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueShadow

Banned
Years
  • I tried to play my Yellow, Gold, and Silver Version again. When I checked, the internal batteries of my Gold and Yellow version were dead:( but my Silver Version is still working:)

Moemii

Thunder
    Years
  • Yup. My Silver Version died a couple of years ago. I threw it away.
    Apparently there were a lot of problems with the Gold/Silver internal batteries.

Gusxx1

Name/FC: Gus / 4082 1523 9868
    Years
  • My leafgreen one has been ruined.... I don't know how to fix it either. I wish i did i read about it everywhere :(

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
  • All the internal batteries in my games are still working, thankfully! I'm rerunning through Crystal and Yellow, and both are working fine - I assume the others are too. I head you can send them to Nintendo to get fixed, but that could be wrong.

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2010
    My Silver version has gone completely :( If I want to play on it now, I have to leave the thing constantly turned on. If I turn it off once, it loses track of everything and if I leave it off, the save data disappears :(

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2011
    The first Pokemon game I ever got was Gold. And it's dead ;-;

Waaaaaait, Diamond , Pearl, and Platinum have internal batteries? I thought they ran based on the DS clock.​

They do run on the DS clock. (Mightily useful when you're trying to catch something that only comes out at morning/day/night. <.<) But they have to save and everything...

La Foudre

<3 Sneasel.
    Years
  • Quite sadly, Crystal and Silver are both dead. D: Blue&Gold are still good so far, and I'm not sure about Yellow, didn't try.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2009
    My UK versions of Gold and Silver both died, but I replaced their batteries so they're good to go again. My Japanese versions of Gold and Silver are still going, as is my UK version of Crystal and US version of Silver - though they might give up the ghost quite soon. :S

Haven't checked my UK Red and Yellow, or my Japanese Blue and Green but I assume they're still working.

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2016
    My internal battery for my old crystal ran out.

so i went and bought another crystal! and the internal battery works!

yay!

Eureka1

Yay IIDX! :D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    Would everyone here sell me their old carts?

Because a 30p battery will make them full working again and I could make a huge profit on eBay. :|

Seriously though, it's not that hard to pry your cartridge apart and shove in a new CR2027 or CR2032. On my Gold I didn't even solder it in, I just used tape and it's working great so far.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back