• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Has your internal battery died yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Both my Gold and Crystal still work. :) I think my Crystal will be the first one to die as I have played that one more.

Brendonwii

Gooby pls
    Years
  • Both my silver and crystal have died.
    My silver about 2 years ago.
    And crystal probably last year cause I hadn't played it in a while.
    BTW i fixed crystal probably 3 weeks ago...

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
    Years
  • I own Crystal and Silver versions. Silver's battery died within about a couple of WEEKS of owning it....*got it second hand online a few years ago lol*

My Crystal's file, I beleve, though, is not dead yet. Interestingly, I think the clock battery is 'frozen' or something whenever the game isn't in use....as the cartrage has a glitch where it rarely ever 'boots up' due to being dropped on the ground one too many times. Thus, it's half broken....but this may be why the CLOCK BATTERY just may NEVER go and DIE on me! Hey maybe there's something to be taught in that :D *shoot's herself in the head a little...lol*

Interestingly....about a WEEK ago, I met this little kid with a Pokémon Gold cartrage....and it STILL kept a steddy file! 0_0;; I know right...lol

Regards of whether or not the clock battery will 'die' on r/b/y....my yellow file also STILL mystiously 'disapered' when i booted up the game one day. o_0; I remember starting a new file and saving as a test....turn's out the new file stayed. It may not be a clock battery thing, unless a dead r/b/y clock battery can still keep a file....lol

Well, okay, I should say 'eternal' battery lol XD ^^;

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
  • I think mine died quite a while ago. Either that, or something is just really screwy with my game. xD It seems that whenever I turn it on the time and date is messed and, if I remember correctly, it would reset every time I turned off the game and nothing would save. :(

Years
  • Last time I seen my G/S games(A few years ago) they were still working fine.

But with spin-off games...I reckon they have internal batteries.
    My Pokemon Ranger 2 game won't save anymore...:(

Years
  • My Gold version's and my Silver version's internal batteries both died. Recently, I started playing Gold on an emulator to solve the problem of not being able to access Stadium 2 by way of GSC (I have a Yellow version that still works, along with two transfer packs, and yes, I have discovered a way to emulate the transfer pack).

Sakurah

Pokemon Event Collector! <3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2012
    My silver and gold's internal battery has died.
    so have one of my other gbc game.

:3

3:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2013
    Yep. My Silver quit on me, but Gold still works fine (:

NidoKingdra

Envy The Dead
    Years
  • Well... im pretty sure the internal battery is used to keep track of time in-game, a feature not in red/blue/yellow games, and besides that, the games are still playable, i have a pokemon ruby with no internal battery, berries dont grow, daily events dont take place, you cant catch regice due to the need to stand still for 2 minutes, but overall the game is still playable. If your game isnt saving, that would be another problem altogether It will say upon starting up "The internal battery has run dry. The game can still be played, however, clock based events will no longer occur" The battery can be replaced though, with the proper tools. Save data, like the rest of the game, except the clock, doesnt run on that battery. Of course this is just my personal experience, since I can still save pokemon ruby (my brothers save game tho, not mine) For all I know, there may be another battery that runs the saving though.

Last edited:

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    Bought my Gold when it came out in US. I still play it and my save files work fine.

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
    Years
  • My friend bought pokemon silver still in the packaging at a value village. It was still in the plastic wrap! sooner or later he opened it and the battery was dead.

Years
  • My Silver and Crystal version are working fine. My gold version seems to be on its way out it doesn't keep my save files for too long. My Blue and Yellow haven't died yet.

Musician of Literature

La musica es la fuerza...
    Years
  • Well... im pretty sure the internal battery is used to keep track of time in-game, a feature not in red/blue/yellow games, and besides that, the games are still playable, i have a pokemon ruby with no internal battery, berries dont grow, daily events dont take place, you cant catch regice due to the need to stand still for 2 minutes, but overall the game is still playable. If your game isnt saving, that would be another problem altogether It will say upon starting up "The internal battery has run dry. The game can still be played, however, clock based events will no longer occur" The battery can be replaced though, with the proper tools. Save data, like the rest of the game, except the clock, doesnt run on that battery. Of course this is just my personal experience, since I can still save pokemon ruby (my brothers save game tho, not mine) For all I know, there may be another battery that runs the saving though.

My internal battery has run dry, but I caught Regice in Sapphire. One advantage of no internal battery is that Feebas always stays in the same place, but it's annoying because of the things you can't do, like berries and events like Mirage Island or the tides in Shoal Cave. I am unable to enjoy a full game experience. GRRRR!

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
  • my crystal works well just sometimes forgets the time... gold died like 2 years ago... found my old silver recently, that was dead... and my yellow and red versions are just fine! :)

usami

biohazard
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Iowa
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    This thread hasn't been posted in in over a year, please don't revive threads.
    If you want to start a new topic on this subject, please do so.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back