• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Have Anyone Had Losing Streaks?

Talon Flare

Learning to break kayfabe
Years
  • I don't want to feel left out. I'm currently losing so much. I tried the Terrakion and Weavile Beat Up Combo but it didn't work. I tried a Rain Dance team, they seem to do well but I have never had a victory with this team. My Pokemon keep getting KO'd quick. I used to have a Win-Lose Patter but now is just losing and losing and losing. My Pokemon aren't doing anything, is it all just luck?
    Anyways, why do people have there whole team, as legendary, and they are all shinies, do I have to be a hacker in order to win. I'm tired of losing to the same Pokemon. But I won't give up and I will train my Pokemon harder.
    Edit, I meant Has Anyone? Dang It My Terrible Grammar.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Try posting your team in the Battling and Team Building section so people can help you out with it. But I'll tell you this: You do not need to be a hacker to win, nor does using a team of all legendaries assure you of victory. I feel that part of your problem might be that the metagame has changed, and you haven't adapted to it yet. Save your Battle Videos/replays, and try to see what went wrong. Share them with others so they can help you as well. Also, weather teams aren't as effective this gen because of the weather nerf.

Canen

Sometimes, I like to party.
    Years
  • Try posting your team in the Battling and Team Building section so people can help you out with it. But I'll tell you this: You do not need to be a hacker to win, nor does using a team of all legendaries assure you of victory. I feel that part of your problem might be that the metagame has changed, and you haven't adapted to it yet. Save your Battle Videos/replays, and try to see what went wrong. Share them with others so they can help you as well. Also, weather teams aren't as effective this gen because of the weather nerf.

This seems to be a regularly occuring problem in today's battling circuit. Why do people prefer to try to force a win with brute force than take a chance on a well thought through and trained squad that they can feel proud of?

A cancer that needs to be killed on the battle front. One legendary is fine, six is taking the mick.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2015
    Back when I was just getting into the XY battle scene I would quite often earn a losing streak of 4-7 battles, due to using Pokemon that I had raised throughout the game rather than breeding for specific ones. Even when I started raising competitive Pokemon, my choices were rather obscure (Delcatty is not earning you any wins!) that I'd often lose a few battles.
    Though in my failures I learned that Sawk makes a surprisingly good counter to Mega Kangaskahn...

Canen

Sometimes, I like to party.
    Years
  • Back when I was just getting into the XY battle scene I would quite often earn a losing streak of 4-7 battles, due to using Pokemon that I had raised throughout the game rather than breeding for specific ones. Even when I started raising competitive Pokemon, my choices were rather obscure (Delcatty is not earning you any wins!) that I'd often lose a few battles.
    Though in my failures I learned that Sawk makes a surprisingly good counter to Mega Kangaskahn...

I have to thank you for this. I am having the very same issue with a friends Mega Kangaskahn...

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I do go on losing-streaks every once in a while, but get back up eventually. They're annoying at times, and could also make you frustrated, but I suppose these kind of things could happen to pretty much everybody; you'd just have to learn accepting.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    This seems to be a regularly occuring problem in today's battling circuit. Why do people prefer to try to force a win with brute force than take a chance on a well thought through and trained squad that they can feel proud of?
    A lot of nubs online seem to believe that legendaries will give them wins simply because they're "legendary" and are portrayed to be very powerful. And the thing is, most people do competitive battles to win; most people couldn't care less how they do so, nor are a lot of them capable of coming up with a well thought out team and strategy. It's what happens when you play with human beings.

Jasonmii

Der Kaffee geht auf mich.
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jan 23, 2015
    I think it's pretty common for people to have losing streaks. I have them quite often. I don't mind losing, but I do get pretty upset when I bump into someone who is using all legendaries. I think it's unfair, but I suppose not everything is fair. :P You're definitely not alone. lol

LetsPlayALoveGame

Wielder of the Disco Stick
    Years
    • Age 31
    • he/him
    • Texas
    • Seen Mar 9, 2023
    It actually took me a while to earn my first win when I first got into competitive when Platinum was new. I studied the crap out of the more commonly-used teams and setups, and through experience I was able to predict more skillfully. About a month later I was whooping standard OU teams with my Mantine and Sandslash. I like to think those early losses were what taught me to "git gud" even today.

Years
  • All I ever do is lose haha (except once which was the best feeling ever lol) so yes I guess you could say I'm on a streak haha :) I don't really mind though, I'm not very competitive and don't know much about good EV/IV breeding or strategies so I tend to just use the pokés I have in-game and hope for the best lol :) (I don't use legendaries though cause I think I'd feel more accomplished if I won without them, and actually I haven't come across anyone else who's used them either). Really the greatest pleasure of battling for me is seeing what Pokémon other people have on their teams :)

Years
  • I keep losing for 2 days now :( ugh Maybe it's because I changed my team tho. I'm just testing it.. I shouldn't be testing it in rating battles tho hahaha xD

Back