• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have we ever seen a pokemon death in the special manga?

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    Despite all the time we've seen pokemon breaking into pieces or getting stabbed, are those action being depicted as pokemon getting killed or are they simply depicting a pokemon fainting?

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    Well, Giovanni definitely killed those two Magmar in the original arc, though Koga's Arbok is capable of regenerating itself if it loses part of its body.

Mileyangel

Inuyasha Fan
    Years
    The Magmars got offed in Volume 2, and the Arbok incident happened in the last chapter of Volume 1.

I know. Volume 2 was my first volume (I now own Volumes 1-3 and 5) and when I first read the Magmar thing, I was shocked. Also, there are Pokemon zombies in chapter 13 of Volume 1.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    The Magmars got offed in Volume 2, and the Arbok incident happened in the last chapter of Volume 1.

I know. Volume 2 was my first volume (I now own Volumes 1-3 and 5) and when I first read the Magmar thing, I was shocked. Also, there are Pokemon zombies in chapter 13 of Volume 1.

Yeah, but Arbork managed to survive those attacks as shown in the Yellow arc.

Same goes to Brock's Onix that broke into pieces and was fighting with Brock when they attack Team rocket's HQ at Saffron city.

pong08

Black & White... don't fail me
    Years
    Wait a minute..... I thought we went through this. The whole thing with the magmar and all that.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    Wait a minute..... I thought we went through this. The whole thing with the magmar and all that.

Yeah, but that doesn't getting cut into half means they are now dead given that this is the pokemon world we are talking about. The humans in the stories getting eletrically shocked with a few thousand volts and they are still alive after all that.

If Onix can survive after breaking into pieces, I think those Magmar breaking into half is simply a depicting of them fainting so to speak.

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2011
    nix and Graveler may not have died because, well, they're just big masses of rock. Magmars actually have internal organs and such (as I believe) and should die when broken into pieces.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I'm pretty sure a rattata got eaten at one point too, didn't it?
    Or... well it was implied that it was eaten.
    Maybe I'm making stuff up in my head, but I just remember something along those lines... >A<;;

Wi-fi Battler

currently in la la land.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2011
    Hmm... The only time i can remember of a pokemon dieing is...never. Well maybe magmar did, but didn't Aero (Red's Aerodactyl) Got it's wings cliped? that is the closest thing i can think of near death.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Hmm, was Aero's clipped wings really that big though?
    Like, as far as I was concerned they made it seem like it wasn't a big deal at all. <A<;
    [/maybe wasn't paying enough attention at that point in the manga...?]

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2010
    In the dp arc, wouldn't the two bodyguards pokemon die if they were sucked into a different dimension?

Back