• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you bred your starter and used them all at the same time?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    As this question isn't necessarily 4th gen specific I think I'll move to the Pokemon Gaming Central section. I also think the topic could accommodate any Pokemon species rather than just starters as that's rather specific.

As for the topic - no, I have not, but one of these days I'll probably make up a Ludicolo-only team. Team Miror all the way! =p

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Nope, never. And my desire for type diverse teams says I'll probably never try it either. Even if it could learn a diverse moveset, I'd have trouble convincing myself to use two Pokemon of the same type, let alone six.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Used to have an entire team of Emboar back on White, and it was awright.

Every battle was a bloodbath lol.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Your dog ate your game? Well anyway hahah no I never done that, and the idea never crossed my mind either simply because it's sort of silly. Why would you want a team like that? It would get boring very quick and one Pokémon cannot fulfill all the roles needed for a proper team, however big its movepool might be. You'll also have the trouble of having the same weakness and you can't absorb attacks like that.

Jesspke

Passerby~
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2016
    No. I haven't done that before, nor do I really plan to do it, lol, though if I get bored one day it's something I could try.

Years
    That stinks about your dog eating your game D:

And nah, I never have done or thought about doing that.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Gross, why would I want an unbalanced team full of Blaziken? Most of them would end up with the same movesets, and that'd be stupid. Unless it was a monospecies run, I think that'd be a terrible idea lol. I have sorta done that though. In an Emerald run once, I had a female Sceptile, bred it, and used Treecko as NFE for a long time. Up until maybe the last gym? But I got tired of him dying, so I let him evolve and I had two Sceptile on my team. Really, really crappy team, looking back. Yeesh.

Dog eating a game and not homework is a totally new spin btw.

FlipelyFlip

Arr teh Pirate
    Years
    never had it with my starters, but in Yellow I had a team full of magikarps at lv 100. First trained them to lv 30 on my silver editon and then sent them to my yellow and trained to 100 (because the Exp. Share was better). So I beated Top 4 and Champ with a lot of Full Restore and a few more Max Revive ._.
    in the end it was so stupid, but made a lot of fun xD

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I've actually considered that before back in FRLG. I was in Four Island and I got terribly bored, so I put in my Charizard and just let it breed with a Ditto. I hatched a ton of Charmander eggs and only ended up using one. I had the father back just for a Fly slave, because I was just too lazy to bother deleting it and I eventually evolved one of the eggs. It lasted for a day though. It wasn't exciting.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
    Years
    That would be overkill if you did that. The weaknesses would be massive.
    For example, Infernape team sweeped by Vaporeon, Rhyperior, or Gallade/Gardevoir

I don't plan on doing that BTW.

Fun Fact: My sister's dog chewed my Black and White plus my Action Replay.
    Needless to say, an unexpected $90? dollars was spent.

Pppgggr

Cheese, for everyone!
    Years
    I did it with a full team of Charizards. I had a blastoise that a friend transfered from his game to mine, and it was female.....Plus my Charizard was Male. They hated each other but still ended up breeding. Used all of the charizards and traded the squirtles for virtually any pokemon I wanted in the global trade center......Mainly because Squirtle is one of the most saught-after pokemon out there.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2013
    I've never done it, the farthest I've gone is to have all 3 starters in my team at one time. It would be difficult when you needed to use surf and you had all fire type pokemon lol.

Back