• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Have you caught -- oh that's right, you can't.

Years
  • But but Mismagius is adorable D:

Have you caught -- oh that's right, you can't.

i was sad that it was a white exclusive. Now that i have white i can catch one and maybe replace Giratina or Simipour.

I got Black because of Gothitelle because she was cute and adorable.

Years
  • I plan on getting Black for Reshiram even though I so wanted Reuniclus and Braviary (till I found out they were in White, I was so depressed :<). According to Smogon, Reshiram is currently the best Uber in the metagame (being able to 2HKO Choice Kyogre and other tankers) so I'll be getting it and topple Unova with it! XD

But I found out that Gothitelle is a blocking rocker while helping my friend train it and I helped him beat Shauntal's first 2 Pokemon with it and put up a good fight before it was down cos I forgot to heal it XD

Mandibuzz isn't that bad, I just find it quite ugly for a female vulture. :P I heard that one can receive Petilil somehow so that doesn't worry me. I don't really care for the previous generation Pokemon since I can just migrate them over. :)

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • I got Black because of Reshiram; I don't care about any of the other Pokemon since I wasn't going to use them anyway. The only Pokemon from White I needed was Reuniclus, which I obtained from the GTS.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • White gets Reuniculus, Braviary, and Mismagius. White wins.

I haven't even touched the version legendaries, so they weren't part of my decision. In fact, my decision to buy White was based on a totally unrelated anime series.

Years
  • Why does white get the perfect Pokemon? :[

they could have made Gothitelle perfect like Renuclus in that time. Oh and in Black instead of complaning that there's no Renuclus, get a freaking Beheyeem. It's the same perfectionist Sp Attk stat. Geez.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • Well, look at it this way: at least Gothitelle has much better defensive stats than that of Reuniclus. And, trust me, all the pokemon in Black could beat the crud out of the Pokemon in White. (If you don't believe me let me tell you that I calculated the stats before saying this.)

Years
  • Well, look at it this way: at least Gothitelle has much better defensive stats than that of Reuniclus. And, trust me, all the pokemon in Black could beat the crud out of the Pokemon in White. (If you don't believe me let me tell you that I calculated the stats before saying this.)
    That's true. During the Elite 4, my Gothitelle would have done a better job at beating Reniclus than my Scrafty would have sense it almost had me with Focus Blast.

On the other hand, Gothitelle can't break 100 and Renuclus has a 200+ special attack. I still like Gothitelle better sense she can fight more like a man and not a wuss.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Well, look at it this way: at least Gothitelle has much better defensive stats than that of Reuniclus. And, trust me, all the pokemon in Black could beat the crud out of the Pokemon in White. (If you don't believe me let me tell you that I calculated the stats before saying this.)

Have to disagree, considering Reuniclus is a VERY widely used competitive Pokemon, while Gothitelle is firmly in UU.

Although I liked the suggestion of Beheeyem as a replacement for Reuniclus though, never thought about that. Although I could never live without my Reuniclus, that's a good suggestion for a similar Pokemon in Black xD

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • Wait, Gothitelle is a TANK?!?!?!? I'm not sure what purpose it's supposed to fill, but it's not a tank! If anything, Reuniclus is a tank with Magic Guard and high defense/special defense. I say, in-game White has it better, while postgame, Black has it better. I'm sorry, but Black has Breloom. 'nuff said. But while Black users are putzing around with awful Gothic Lolita pokemon and creepy makeup-wearing vultures, White users are utilizing such great pokemon as Reuniclus and Braviary. I don't really care about the legendaries, as I never use them, but I do think that Tornadus is cooler than Thundurus.

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2012
    i chose white randomly, now knowing what pokemon it had compared to black, im happy i chose it :D.

Years
  • Wait, Gothitelle is a TANK?!?!?!? I'm not sure what purpose it's supposed to fill, but it's not a tank! If anything, Reuniclus is a tank with Magic Guard and high defense/special defense. I say, in-game White has it better, while postgame, Black has it better. I'm sorry, but Black has Breloom. 'nuff said. But while Black users are putzing around with awful Gothic Lolita pokemon and creepy makeup-wearing vultures, White users are utilizing such great pokemon as Reuniclus and Braviary. I don't really care about the legendaries, as I never use them, but I do think that Tornadus is cooler than Thundurus.

aye, my Gothitelle is just as good as your perferct Pokemon. Seriously. Mine is tank lol.

Like I said if they(GF) treated them both with respect instead of purposely making one indestructible at the expense of the others. And then the fans... uggh. They get angry when I say that I like this Pokemon better.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • Anyways, I prefer Beheeyem to both Gothitelle and Reuniclus. My Alien Grey can own your stupid Lolita Goth. However, White gets Braviary, which owns creepy-vulture.

Years
  • See? This is why I hate perfect. My Pokemon is automatally supid for not have 200+ stats inspite me PAWNIG GHETISIS' ****ING HYDREIGON WITH THE SAME GODDAMN POKEMON. D:<

This is why people get upset for not thinking my favorite is a POS. Because I don't.

Years
  • Gothitelle is a Goth. Goths are stupid and annoying. Honestly though, Gothitelle is so weak and anyone who raised it would do it because they are "Goth" and they want a Goth Pokemon.

The "Goth" subculture is dead. Any "Goths" are 11 year old girls (see also: Teenybopper) who want to "shock" their parents by dressing odd. Deal with it.

Apparently you've never been to Japan.

But Gothitelle over Reuniclus anyday. Speedier and more defensive, Reuniclus would die with one or two Shadow Balls.

Almost Me

WHEEEEEEEEE
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2011
    Jeez, SHUT THE HELL UP. We are here to discuss POKEMON.

Personally, I'd rather have Reuniclus, because I think it just looks cooler.

Years
  • lol, I guess I have to say I hate having to trade from another game or GTS just to get version exclusives. But what they did with Throh/Sawk was pretty clever. All version exclusives should be like that, but maybe the chances of even finding one would be akin to finding a Dragonite at the Dragonspiral Tower in one of them rare fishing spots.

Or maybe even less.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Although the discussion pretty much subsided, I went through the posts and removed the off-topic ones. On that note, please, if you want to debate if Gothitelle itself is a "tank" or not, use likes/dislikes. This thread is only meant for version exclusive versus version exclusive, not a debate about whether Gothitelle is great competitively or not, because Reuniclus wasn't mentioned anywhere near enough for it to be a discussion about version exclusives specifically.

Also, Almost Me, watch yourself. Don't tell other users to shut up, just instead report those off-topic posts next time.

PickupTeam

Free Item Abuser
    Years
  • Discuss:
    -How version exclusives affected or did not affect the version you chose
    -Whether or not one version has an advantage over the other due to exclusives
    -The benefits of having version exclusives, and whether all new Pokemon should be catchable in both games

I bought both games in a relatively short time span. Originally Black was for me to play and White was for my boyfriend. My decision to play Black was just based on the fact that I like the color black. He kept getting frustrated with the game, since seemingly the AI in it is smarter..so now I'm using White to play my challenge. I won't really be catching any pokemon, so I won't get a grasp of how the version exclusives affect the balance of the game. (Which I'm okay with.)

I do think it was an absolutely brilliant move on Nintendo's part to make you HAVE to buy ALL of the games if you want a complete pokedex and don't have friends to trade with. If they ever make it so all the pokemon are catchable in a single version, then sales of their other games would plummet. For that reason, I don't think it will ever happen.

The benefits of having both versions, of any series, becomes clear only when you have a second DS/Gameboy/etc. I know, when I was a child I had all the primary-colored games and the metallic series, but only 1 gameboy. It still felt like I only had 1 game, and I couldn't finish any of them.

As a side note, Almost Me, you don't seem very Docile. :P

Last edited:
    Back