• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever been bullied?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • I got bullied a lot as a kid. I was told I was ugly and weird all the time. Eventually I started to take the "you're weird" comments as compliments and I'd say "thank you!" but when I was called ugly, I really took it to heart. I'd retaliate with "look at yourself" or something, but I only did that to make it seem like it didn't really hurt me. And yes, unkind words are still bullying. They can have a long-term effect on your self-esteem, and no one deserves to be knocked down all those pegs. In high school, I had a girl threaten and stalk me after I got off the bus, so when that started, I begged my mom to start taking me to school until that blew over. But I can relish in the fact that she is probably going to be unsuccessful in life since she made terrible grades, had three children in high school, and was just a ***** to everyone in general. If people are mean to me, I honestly could care less about what goes on in their life. lol It's cold, but eh. Other than that, in high school I was well liked and if anyone did have something bad to say about me, I didn't care. I'd endured it so much as a kid that I just decided it was a kid thing to do and that if they want to make fun of someone, they should go back to elementary school.

edit: Ooops I left out the biggest bully fest in my life. 6th grade was when I went to a new school, and only year I went there, and I got told "go back to where you came from" all the time and how I'm not appreciated and stuff. It honestly made no sense. I had only come from a school in the same county, not even a rival school, and most of my peers were white middle class like me. So it just made NO sense at all. And most of them would call me gay because of who I hung out with. I really only had one or two friends at that school. It's funny now that most of them dropped out, had kids in high school, and ironically, the kids that called me gay actually ended up being gay or bi themselves. Hmph...

Last edited:

YungKnowledge

Kigo & Jori Shipper
    Years
  • In middle school it was worst.
    All my friends were into boys and partying, me on the other hand I was all into Pokemon, Yu-gi-oh, Inuyasha, anime and reading. Girls used to make fun of me because I wasn"t into boys or flriting with them. I used to get into fights because I was different. Like this one this girl stole my grades out my hands. They used to call me a lezbo and stuff like it. or they pick fight with me because I was short. Or the types of classes I was in.

Years
  • For about a year maybe. A hard time, but considering I have always been awkward, extremely skinny and, until I was maybe 15, short, I think I got away rather well in hindsight.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    I've probably already said this, but my secondary school was filled with sheep who hated and ostracised anyone who didn't like the same things they liked (getting drunk at parties, pop music, football, etc).
    I didn't care about any of those things, and as such, I was bullied throughout secondary school. It was mostly verbal bullying, but during my last year, there was a pair of idiotic y7s (11-12) who liked to throw stuff at me for some strange reason.

Oh yeah, there's some guy in his early 20s (who lives near my street) who likes to verbally bully younger children (including me). The odd thing is, none of these children even know him. Meaning he's essentially bullying people he knows absolutely nothing about.

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
    Years
  • Ugh... This topic... Well, let's see... When did all of this start? Oh yeah, The bullying started around in the 2nd grade elementary. Well... you could say that I was overly emotional, Too sensitive, yada yada... Up till now, now incoming 3rd year high school, they still bully me... I hate them >.< But still, I'm so depresssed... T^T

Magdalena~

Feel the hnnnnggg
    Years
  • I've had it pretty easy as far as bullying goes.

In my childhood, ironically enough I feel 95% of the flack I got (not really outright bullying though) was from my family or teachers. I'm sure they (well, at least the teachers) were just trying to tease me and not really affect me, but in any case this is what I feel has affected me the most throughout my life.
    Aside from that I've gotten the usual long-distance name calling in the hallways (last year it just sort of sprung up after I came out to the school, got called things such as "tranny" and "******") as well as that plain old feeling that you know people are treating you differently in a contemptuous way. In my earlier school years I also just slight, very rare and relatively light lol-let's-tease-the-fat/short/nerdy-kid type thing but it never really bothered me much. I'll admit I was more of a bully/teaser myself in my earlier years (stuff like teasing or making fun of others just because I wanted to fit in), mostly late middle school and early high school, but I felt bad about it and eventually stopped and turned around completely to become a better person.

MEGAS

Bestow5000 from YouTube
    Years
  • Been bullied since I was 8. None stop bully. Even NOW. And yes, that includes internet (even more now than IRL, but I don't care at all). But IRL, when I'm really mad, I just fight back mindlessly until they back off for good.

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2012
    I've been bullied, but I didn't necessarily realize it until this year.
    I'm one of those people that people just have a tendency to hit for no reason. It never really bothered me and it developed high-pain tolerance in me. Never really bothered me though because I always thought bullying was more extreme.

Years
  • Well, I've been cyberbullied once. This person named T-kool4U said I fail at leadership when I actually don't. Also, he called me a noob.

Last edited:

-Grayscale-

яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...
    Years
  • I used to be bullied at a very, very young age. Back in elementary school, people hated on me for liking pokemon(and yet I don't get picked on about it now lmao) and acting a little odd/crazy(which is fine by me now, since I was a bit of a weird kid). Kids also picked fun of the stuff I drew, like cats and people etc. They'd call it Pikachu every time and say it looked bad. I realized just today that I'm paranoid about it; I keep hiding my pictures away from people in class, even though everyone likes them. Didn't help that my mother's bipolar took over the same year the bullying started. I'd go home crying every other day, but I was very sensitive.

It went on through middleschool, which was much much worse. Got called a lesbian by my own friends, emo, stupid, etc. They left me out of everything on purpose, and denied such intention. There was drama every day, and we argued constantly. I'd get ganged up on and shot down. I had one 'friend' who was particularly tricky; she said she had felt terrible about the group I was with as well, but when I began telling her my feelings she told the other girls about it. That's probably one of the hugest betrayals I've faced before. Worst years of my life, but I got through 8th grade and ditched them the first chance possible.

Also used to face cyber-bullies pretty often, but that was years ago, and I actually learned a lot of my faults from them.

No one really 'picks' on me anymore, except for a few people(very minor things lol), but I'm a lot stronger and confident than I used to be and I don't care about anything anymore. My mother still has the same issues, too, but she tries hard and that makes me really happy.

-story of my life

Oh yeah, I got some physical bullying by the girls in middleschool too. Nothing too huge, but one of them screamed in my ear once and I ended up knocking her into the lunch table behind ours as a lesson. She cursed a lot and looked really surprised xD Thankfully none of the other girls were around to support her at the time, otherwise I would've been kicked around like no tomorrow. I'm thankful for all of the things those bullies ended up doing though. Even if it hurt my childhood, I'm more than glad about how much I've gotten through and learned from. It's been the hugest impact on my life, for better and worse. It could've been more horrible anyways, since I don't have abusive parents and never got any physical abuse besides an occasional flick or slap.

Last edited:

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Nope, never been really bullied. Maybe once or twice, when everybody decided that it was fun to gang up on one person. Almost everybody in my circle of friends has been bullied like that at least once. But usually it only takes one or two comebacks to get them off your back lol. As far as I know, every one of my friends has fought back when confronted by a bully.

blackmorale

風の行方
    Years
  • When I was 4 or 5, there was this girl in school a year older who bullied me (but looking back on it, "teased" is the more appropriate word). I don't remember much except that we were friends at first but I eventually became afraid of her because of how she treated me.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I was a very sensitive child, so whenever I got a nasty comment from another kid, I always took it to heart and cried my poor little eyes out. Which, as you imagine, did not help my case at all. Although I was never physically bullied (I've never seen that type of bullying, I've only seen it on American tv?), for most of my childhood and early teens I was verbally bullied. Even today I still take things to heart, but I don't cry anymore like I used to.
    But I'm an emotional wreck, haha!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Yeah I got bullied a lot. As a result it's kinda made me think that people are more likely to dislike me or do things against me than it would if I didn't. I try to forget that though (and as a result I can't really bring up much on call XD;), since there is none of it in uni, none of it @ last 2 years of high school, so I'm good. :)

Back