• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever been caught shoplifting?

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    Um, does taking a birthday card at the age of 3 from the mart and thinking it was free count? If not, then no....I haven't been caught....But I don't shoplift! XD

Years
    Nope, I've never been caught, nor have I ever shoplifted.
    Plus, I have a HUGE conscience, I could never make it out of the store without freaking out. ^^;

Ayselipera

I really don't remember stealing anything from a store since I was around five or so. It was some stuffed spider toy. Haha.

I know a couple people who shoplift regularly though. One of them got caught two years ago shoplifting in Old Navy. Although I don't remember what happened to her after that.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    No, but I work at a store, so I've seen people shoplift, as well as others getting caught and eventually taken away by mall security (we have our own security as well). I also regularly find open CD and DVD cases with missing discs. Though oddly enough, someone decided to steal a disc 2 of a Cher CD, but it is usually rap music that gets stolen... Lol... Cause I'm not generalizing at all there >.>

Often times it is kids too who steal (about 13 years old). Even employees have been found out to be scamming customers...

Needless to say, the law (at least in Canada) is somewhat lax in that regards... That is to say I could take a DVD off the shelf, perhaps take the plastic or not, and I could walk out with it, assuming no one saw me. Even if it did beep on the way out, I can first off, refuse to have the item demagnetized (prevent it from beeping), and I don't need a receipt because I could say I bought it at a different store. Of course you could think that they could prove otherwise, but they can't, they would have needed someone to watch me the entire time, that is, put something in my bag...

Suspecting someone of stealing unfortunately is not enough, you have to see it. It is unfair, but it also has to do with the person's privacy, as well as the employee's safety. The funny thing is, at the music/movie store I work at, they never told us to not run after the culprit... and what does the manager and supervisors do? They run after them... Setting a good example.

You never should run after a thief, if a supervisor or someone tells you to do so, you can sue them. It is not only dangerous to yourself, but to other bystanders. What if the culprit had a weapon? Life isn't worth a few dollars of items...

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I was caught ripping off that plastic thing they put on, say, VG guides in 2006, if that counts. I promised the guy that caught me that I won't steal again, and since then I don't think I have.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    I have a few friends who could steal whole TVs from Wal-Mart and you wouldn't know it until they pulled the goods out in the parking lot. I could never be so sneaky, and I have no urge to try.

Giraffes? Giraffes!

ラヴィ・ヘッド
    Years
    I've never shoplifted in my life.

Although, a couple of weeks ago Christmas shopping i was accused of it. My Dad literally freaked out at the guy, and embarrassed him in front of about 30-40 people. I won't go into details but, the guy got fired and my dad bragged to his friend/us the whole way home :P

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I have never stolen anything. I am a good girl.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    When I was two I stole a little like, handheld game, but like I was TWO?! D:

ÇyänïdëÉX

Dr.banana
    Years
    Stealing other peoples things yes..shop lifting no.

When i stole some G.I joes from this snob kid in private school and my brother told on me..my god i got whooped with a belt that time.

When i shoplifted it was a whale toy from Miami Seaquarium and it was only to give it as a birthday gift to my mom and i didn't have any money because i was a small child.

Years
    I was out shopping with friends once and there was this cheap little metal trinket I considering buying, but decided against it since I didn't have much money. As I was leaving the store I put my hand in my pocket and felt something odd and there it was. I was really freaked out because I thought I had somehow unconsciously stolen it and I left the store wearing probably the guiltiest face I've ever worn. It turned out that my friend had bought it for me and snuck it in my pocket. I was pretty relieved to know that I wasn't really a thief.

Back