• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Have you ever caught 'em all?

Ceilidh

<3
    Years
    Without any cheats I mean :)

I caught all 150 pokemon on my pokemon yellow once (and with help with my pokemon red and blue to trade some back for for)

The most I've caught in the 2nd gen is like 230-something... but my game crashed -_____- I had to reset it all.

Schala_25

Denizen of the Darkness
    Years
    I did it in Blue (using Red to trade), and then someone promptly stole my game >_<
    I don't remember if I did it in G/S/C. I think I was close at least, but I'm not sure if I actually managed it.

Ceilidh

<3
    Years
    I've given up even trying on the others tbh -____- too many pokemon, it was hard enough getting 150.

Ouch @ someone stealing your game :(

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Didn't get anywhere close to completing my Dex in the second generation games and the same can be said for Red and Yellow, but Blue's a different story. I managed to obtain one hundred and fifty Pokémon (mind you, one was a hacked Mew traded from my friend so I'm not sure that counts) and guess what one I was missing? Hitmonlee. All of my friends (this was back in the days when the popularity of the Pokémon franchise was immense) had chosen Hitmonchan from the dojo. It's not like I could give out to them either; I had picked him as well. I'm not sure why we all preferred the boxer over the one who could use his feet, but it turned out to be one of the worst mistakes I ever made when playing the games.

So I never got that certificate, but it doesn't matter; it's just a bunch of pixels anyway.

Right?

Years
    I had 150 on Red and Blue, and I also have 492/492 on my Diamond save file, but the latter's sort of irrelevant in these parts of the forum. xD;

Ceilidh

<3
    Years
    I actually printed the certificate out using my gameboy printer :embarrass lolololol, I was quite proud =)) it was quite sad now I'm looking back.

I think I kept it somewhere, it probably got chucked out now </3

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Yes, I have, actually. I have managed to complete the Pokedex on every single game in every single Generation, not counting those Pokemon that were almost impossible to obtain without hacking.

keitaro10

Spriter/AVENGED SEVENFOLD FAN!
    Years
    did in r/b, g/s and d/p and soon too be platinum hopefully...r/b wasnt 2 hard 152/152 got(151=mew glitch)(152='m'/missingno)
    g/s after my m8 helped eventually completed it
    D/p i nearly broke my ds several times by getting ready 2 throw it out the windows Lol it nearly killed me but i did it....then i went on wi-fi one day and the game kept resetting on its own and when i got control the data had gone...then my ds broke and i had to buy a new one ,T___T,

Years
    Well my sister did on blue version. We were so pumped, "yes caught em all!"
    Then we go to the house where the man tells you to see him after your done and what do we get?
    A STINKIN CERTIFICATE! Ha

But on my silver file (300 total minutes played), i was 20 pokemon away from catchin' em all, but i turned my game on after not playing for 3 years seeing that the file had been erased and my internal battery had died. =/

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2014
    and I also have 492/492 on my Diamond save file, but the latter's sort of irrelevant in these parts of the forum. xD;
    It's impressive (and obsessive), though...

Yeah, I was bent on finishing my Crystal dex...my cousin and I did it together, each of us doing it in two days or so (how we got the Blue version exclusives, idk...)...I never finished RBY, though. As if it really matters...I was too busy using the time capsule and resetting for the starters.

Kokuo

Ground Type Trainer
    Years
    I got 147 in my Red version once and then my cousin decided to start a new game. I wanted to kill him.

Ceilidh

<3
    Years
    Ouch :(

I would have punched him =))

I remember FINALY defeating all the gym leaders (remember this was the very first time I played the game, I found it hard at first :p) and my friend come over... my mum made me play with her on my gameboy, and she started a new game -______-

I think I may have stopped talking to her for a few days =)) =))

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
    Years
    I'm not really into the idea of catching them all. I just like training the Pokémon I have until their level 100 and using them in Pokémon Stadium. Yes I live in the 90's still hehe.

Bibliophibian

Wonder Trade Addict
    Years
    I nearly had all of them on my version of Yellow. I was using Pokemon Stadium to trade between my Red, Yellow and Blue games, and was transferring the very last one I needed to complete my Pokedex (Jynx) and the power went out. As soon as it was back on, I went to check and see if everything was alright, only to find my entire Yellow file had been erased.

Needless to say, I've had an... abiding distaste for Jynx since then, and actually haven't attempted to finish any Pokedex since. >.>

Years
    I had all 151 on my red version after about 90 hours and got my awesome certificate. Don't have a printer though so I can't hang it on my wall :(

I'm not even attempting it in any other game. I had like 66 in my gold version and only 53 so far in crystal.

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2017
    yea I've "Caught 'em all" on my yellow version (With glitches BTW) so really i have not but oh well o.-

Back