• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Have you ever caught 'em all?

Years
    Completed it in the 1st and 2nd generation. I got 151 in the 1st generation. Someone gave me a Mew in my Silver version before I knew about the glitch so I'm not sure if they got it with a glitch or used a cheating device. As for 2nd generation, I got 250. Celebi is downright impossible to get in the US without cheating devices.

Aitania

overwhelming c u t e n e s s!
    Years
    ... Everytime I try.
    Then I fail.

I never caught them all ;A;.. At all... *sulks*

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    I did it once in every generation, save for D/P. I'm currently working on that though, as I have just 25 left to see. :D

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    I have caught every single Pokemon on Crystal version, however that was the only one that I reall sped through

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    Nope...=(
    I got Yellow recently (Because I washed my old one when I as younger.../)
    I have like, 125ish on my Crystal. I dont have a link cable but I (think) I can get my pokemon from yellow from Stadium 2 if I catch 150 Pokemon. Anyway, no I have not :(

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    It was hard enough getting past 50 Pokemon, let alone 251. And I was playing with Silver while no one else had it. Too bad for me.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I have caught all 151 pokemon in yellow including mew! =]

I also completed the dex in my silver. it took me a whole week to accomplish it! lol

Clairissa

Shining brilliantly!
    Years
    I got a full dex in Crystal...
    Mew from the bug in my old Red version, and a friend gave me his celebi for the info, he triggered the event in Ilex using a GS.
    Gotten about 70% in Pearl now, missing pretty much all the G2 legendaries, and some G3 event pokemon, that and I've been slacking off with the other mildly easy to catch ones..

Becky_x

Looking for a shiny Bellossom
    Years
    The only pre Diamond games I played were Red, Yellow and I think a little bit Sapphire or LeafGreen using an emulator in my spare time during college, but I don't think I was anywhere near catching every Pokemon in the games.

Diamond however was different, I caught every single Sinnoh Pokemon plus completed my national dex which makes me feel I've made up for the ones I've never completed, because I have now! xD

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    No, and to be honest, I never bothered. I never played the games just to "catch 'em all"; I bought them just so I can reach the Pokemon League and deem myself as the toughest trainer *Insert region here* has ever had (In-game, mind you).
    What I do instead is catch Pokemons I might find useful later on in the game, and that's about it.
    The closest I got to "catching 'em all" was in Leafgreen, when I managed to catch 110 Pokemons (That's on Leafgreen, so I can't count it here if it's in the Metal and Color Generation threads).

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
    Never have. XD But I'm working that way on Pokémon Crystal right now. And I've got... 99 Pokémon... That's sad, I haven't even broken 100 yet. ¬.¬ I'm gonna go catch something.

Megaera

stop calling me d:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 30, 2015
    I never caught them all. I just too lazy to catch them and nothing s gonna happen to you.

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
    I finally caught em all in pokemon gold! It was yesterday. I collected 250 pokemons. And today I cheated Celebi because I don't know any other way to have it. (Is there another way than cheat or have that mobile phone thing...) Last three pokemons what I caught was 1.Celebi 2.Qwilfish 3.Dunsparce. I saw only one shiny pokemon and caught it. (It was Ursaring.) And I noticed first time pokerus... Finally I had seven 100 level pokemons...
    (Typhlosion, Mew, Machamp, Feraligatr, Ledian, Donphan, Charizard)

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    Back in the good ol' days when I played Red version, I had gotten every single pokemon except one. I even had Mew, but I can't remember what that one pokemon was. I think it was a Kangaskan, and those things were the worst things to capture in the safari zone.

Becky_x

Looking for a shiny Bellossom
    Years
    Back in the good ol' days when I played Red version, I had gotten every single pokemon except one. I even had Mew, but I can't remember what that one pokemon was. I think it was a Kangaskan, and those things were the worst things to capture in the safari zone.

Oh god yeah I agree with that one, I always make a list of Pokemon I still need to get and I think he was there till I stopped playing, not sure if I ever caught one xD

Back