• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever cheated?

ShivaDF

The Scooter-riding Artist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2017
    Has anyone here ever cheated to get pokemon/train quicker? I'm just wondering.
    I have not cheated at all yet. If I do it will probably be just for fun though. (Walking through walls looks SO cool!)

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
    Yes, on my Pokemon Diamond, I had an action replay my cousin gave to me for my birthday, and until it broke down I just did all the event pokemon and the walk through walls :P until it locked the game.

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
    I had a bit of fun way back when I had completed Silver, but I've never cheated since then.

I can't really qualify spending money on a device like Action Replay or GameShark. It all seems to add up rather a lot after the DS and the games. =x

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    I cheat by finding some way to over-level my Pokes, but only when I'm trying to get through a game quickly. If I want to thoroughly experience the game, then no...I don't cheat.

shauwk

Years
    Ive never cheated until pokemon pearl version... Well actually i beated the whole game without cheating but my friend gave me a level 100 shiny ho oh and it could beat the whole elite four by itself lmao so i kept using it to level up my pokemon and i have beaten the elite four over 100 times!

Caliban

Trying to change my life, brb~
    Years
    I have, but only when using my M3 DS Real. On a normal game cartridge, I don't cheat.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    I used the trade evolution glitch /cheat
    and the underground quick treasures glitch /cheat whatever it is xD

I acquired a lot of my none shinnoh legendary by people who cloned it xD as well as some shinies xD. (via the pokewifi community on livejournal) But thats just for the pure joy of it not to battle with them xD

Years
    I played around with cheat codes and stuff on Gold. After that I never cheated due to wanting the full in-game experience.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    I usually bust out the gameshark/action replay once I finish one play through. When I do cheat, I usuallt use it for maximum masterballs and to find specific Pokemon, but using it for faster levels or max rare candies is just a kill joy. :|

ShivaDF

The Scooter-riding Artist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2017
    Yep, I do all the time. I don't have the time to level all my Pokemon to lv100, so that makes it easy.

I know what you mean, none of my poke'mon are at level 100 and since everyone else's on here are it makes me feel like a newbie.

Demigod

umop ap!sdn
    Years
    If you have to cheat to have a good Pokemon team then you are not a good trainer. Also, don't love Pokemon enough to train them with love. HOWEVER, if you did a code to get a non-legendary Pokemon on level 5-10 then i guess it's not that bad. Because you still train it to level 100.

I never cheated. I am a Pokemon Master Trainer.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    I also train my Pokémon cheat free- I don't care whether they are level 100 or not and actually I prefer them to be beow lv 100 because it feels so empty when battling and no exp are gained etc. I think it is a pity that there is this lv 100 regulation anyway it is like as if they are not gaining any experience anymore which is pretty close to being dead.

Years
    A friend, and a few local kids, gave me Master Balls they had hacked to obtain (Action Replay).

I also somehow cloned my starter and HM Smeargle Slave this one time. Was annoying as hell because it was Union Room and the Jirachi I wanted just disappeared. It had Body Slam...

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
    Years
    The only time I have ever cheated while playing a legit game(aka actual cartridge) was when I owned Gold/Silver. And that was only for the duplication cheat/gain all starters cheat. If I play an emulator with a ROM then I'll cheat but other wise nope.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Never cheated. Never will do.

Simpy cba to buy an AR and figure out how to use it.

Plus, i have enough problems getting trades anyway, so i'm not gonna hack pokemon

Dark Destiny

Your Destiny is in your hands
    Years
    I've never used any kind of hacks at all =[

I always work hard to level up my pokemon, on Diamond after pumping so many hours into it, I still only have a level 100 Garchomp (that I raised myself, I have level 100 pokemon from trades).
    However, lvl 100 pokemon isn't really needed anymore because if you go on wi-fi you can easily battle at level 100 so there's no real point to get pokemon to level 100.
    I do sometimes wonder why I don't cheat because I'm always need one TM or another and it just gets frustrating asking people for Tms. But I get the Tms in the end so I'm reasonably happy =]

Back