• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Have you ever trained your Togepi

*~Frost Umbreon~*

TURN OFF YOUR ORPHANS.
Years
  • After the egg hatches, most of the time the thing that I do at that moment is go to a Pokemon Center and deposit the Togepi in my PC. Only once I've trained it until it was a Togetic. Most other people do that too, and don't take it out for the rest of the game. What about you?

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • I'm the same, i've honestly never once trained a Togepi up into a Togetic on my Silver version. I think the fact the only damage-dealing move it learns besides Double Edge is Metronome puts me off (I don't like Metronome).

Flaming Pikachu

My Prices are Nice Nice Baby
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2009
    Every so often when I restart Crystal I train the Togepi. Just for Togetic though, then it's "Welcome to the PC Togetic!"

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    Not really although I tried to train one of my Togepis before but it kinda seemed useless to my team.

Formula380

Supersonic
    Years
  • I never trained my togepi. I usually used it for a headbutt slave heh. Never got any pokemon from the trees though so.. It just stayed in my pc

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • Not once, by the time it has hatched it is just too much of a hassle to train.
    My brother trained his once, ended up evolving it into a Togetic.

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
  • When I first played Gold I trained it into a Togetic, then decided that it wasn't going to make varsity. As such, it remained in my PC until I restarted Gold, and I haven't trained another since.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    Yes, I sometimes train my Togepi after once I beat the game, because I want to catch them all. Hehe and just 3 days ago in my crystal the egg you gett from the daycare people, it happens to be a shiny Igglybuff!!! I'm so happy because its my first shiny egg hatch! Yay for me! =D

Deja Vu

Smug Lord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    Nope. I've never trained the Togepi after it hatches. I don't see a reason too. It's already half of the level of the rest of my Pokemon and its only worthwhile move is Metronome, which I usually get in a TM anyway.

Kudra

IV breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2013
    I always train my Togepi. I liked Togetic. It was one of my favorites and was in my original Gold team.

Back