• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Have you ever trained your Togepi

Years
  • I sent my Togepi to the Day Care. :P

I should really check on it's progress. I sent him there once I got to the place where the day care is, and I've ignored it ever since.

kingkong

spriter/helping others with it
    Years
  • well i've trained it onces but its hard to train if it has no good moves, but after a while it getting much easier.
    i started a new game a few days ago but then i saw shiny gold online so i'm gonna play that now, i don't know if there is a togepi in it nut i hope so

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
  • When I first got Gold version I trained it to level 10 before giving up. It was too weak and had no good attacks.

I did once when I didn't knew and care about pokemon's abilities and stats, by that time I trained beedrills, ledians and aipoms ^^

When I understood the metagame and that stuff I stopped using those pokemons and saving space for dragonites and tyranitars yay!

But I'm sure I'll train one if a G/S/C remake is done and I could evolve it into Togekiss.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • I always used Togepi in the Ecrutik Gym since hardly any of the pokes could hurt it. Morty's gengar was like the only one that could due to dream eater. I just hated it when togepi exploded on me.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I think the only time I have trained a Togepi was when I had to evolve it into Togetic in my Silver.

I was thinking about putting it on my team (because I hardly never battle with other people. Only other place I would battle with my Silver team is on Pokemon Stadium II ) but instead I picked Pidgeot and (in all serious. again, never battled with friends) Beedrill.

But eventually I switched those two out, but I've still have yet to actually use my Togepi for something other than train it until it's a Togetic.

Cham

Cool Trainer
    Years
  • I trained it just because it was so iconic in the anime for such a long time, so as a little kid I was obsessed with it, kind of like first seeing Donphan in the first movie, and then finally getting to catch him.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    Always. After arriving to each new area in any one of the games I catch all the Pokemon I can and train them 10 levels each before moving on, then catching the newest batch in the next area and training all of them, my old another 10 and catching up my new.

Years
  • I actually used it in my silver team and it ended up being a level 60 something. Cool pokemon, but not really useful..
    Trying to get a togekiss in my platinum, though.

Ayselipera

that I trained and kept it. At the time I
    didn't even know Togepi could evolve
    so when it did I was very shocked at
    the results. Ever since Togepi got its
    newest evolution (Togekiss) I began
    training one again on Pearl. I'd say its
    become a really great pokemon!

Back