• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever tried to cheat in any of the games before?

Years
gotta admit, i made a lot of memories using action replay back in my early gen 3 days. :v walking through walls and using infinite rare candies was definitely fun!

.. i also did a bit of cheating those days in finding legendary pokemon in the wild that i shouldn't. it was all for fun, though~

Lucifer

Fallen1
Years
Yes indeed.

Before I knew about the mew glitch, I thought a cheat device was the only way to get one and I wanted one in Silver.
I was 13 and just getting into the internet. I didn't know about online shopping nor did I have the means so I searched all stores that sold electronics (Target, etc.) whenever I went with my mom for about a year until I finally found a GBC Gameshark at K-Mart.
When I saw all the possibilities in the list of codes that came written into the device, I got carried away and used it for more than just Mew. I had heard a rumor that Celebi was the reward for a completed Pokedex in gen 2 and wanting to test that I Gamesharked the unfilled remainder of the Pokedex in Silver. Of course, it wasn't true, and I knew that, but as a kid I liked to try stuff out of wishful thinking.

Then I got into trying a bunch of codes in gen 1 until the code to battle Oak killed the device (I later found out that I might have done the encounter wrong).
Some years later when I'd discovered online shopping I replaced it on Amazon and used that one to death as well.

I have used at least a few minor cheats in ROM hacks and fangames but it wasnt until just a few years ago that I owned another pyshical device. I bought a powersaves for 3DS because the starter Rowlett in moon refused to reset shiny after 2 years. I've since gotten myself the entire games wardrobe in UM. I've been trying to breed a shiny Rowlett from one I received in a wonder trade and once again the fucker is being stubborn but I am determined to go legit.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 13, 2023
I always remember trying put in cheat codes into my Action Replay and realize that they don't work. Then I'd repeat the same process over and over again until I eventually give up on trying to walk through walls.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
Years
I always remember trying put in cheat codes into my Action Replay and realize that they don't work. Then I'd repeat the same process over and over again until I eventually give up on trying to walk through walls.

A lot of times, Action Replay codes require "master codes" to make certain codes work. If not that, then the codes are just straight up wrong.

Back