• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever?

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
Years
  • Have you ever tried to count ALL the words in the dictionary? I think there are about over a thousand words. My gym teacher makes you WRITE the dictionary if you don't wear your P.E. uniform. I hate it! Any way have you?

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
  • Why would you want to count them when it is on the cover?

Have you ever?

:/

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    All the words to be defined is specified, but what about the ones used to define them aswell, eh? Not to mention any other words in any given dictionary... That image of a title page alone has 44 not including numbers, Yamikarasu.

No, I haven't done it and it's vastly pointless.

Last edited:

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
  • All the words to be defined is specified, but what about the ones used to define them aswell, eh? That image of a title page alone has 44 not including numbers, Yamikarasu.

No, I haven't done it and it's vastly pointless.

Ah, well if that is what he meant then they may be a milllion words in the dictionary.

Lol, you counted the words on the cover? No, that isn't "vastly pointless" at all. :P

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • Well geez, y'all have mean gym teachers XD My middle school gym teacher would just take a point off our most recent text score each day we didn't wear the uniform.

And yeah, I haven't tried counting them all. I haven't even touched a dictionary in a long time, I just use a website or somewhere if I come across a word I don't know, or ask a friend about it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Oh, wow. The last time I ever took gym was in grade nine, and all my teacher did was give us a zero for the class. o_o;

Um... I go on Dictionary.com. XD; I never even thought about counting all the words in the dictionary, only that it would take a very long time and I would lose my patience very early on.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • The dictionary is a great book. It's my favorite by far.
    I would read it if I had the patience, but I would probably only be able to remember about 50 words in a sitting. Minus the words I already know, that's like... five pages.

Poke_Vamp

(Not a) Beginning Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2009
    Wow, my school doesn't even have a seperate 'gym' uniform (we call it PE) :P
    But... no, I have never tried counting all the words in the dictionary

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Nope.
    Not only is it
    vastly pointless
    , but i wouldn't have the patience or sanity for reading a dictionary.
    I think i'd go insane after the letter "A".
    the worst grade i got in gym was a "C", and i almost never wore my gym clothes.
    My gym teacher just gave us a talking(it had a meaning but it was really boring) for about 20 minutes as a punishment,he never did anything over the edge like make us write from the dictionary.

popsicles.

F A S C I N A T I O N .
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2009
    Why would a gym teacher wants you to write the dictionary o__o ..
    It makes no sense at all :/

My gym teacher just gave us a talking(it had a meaning but it was really boring) for about 20 minutes as a punishment,he never did anything over the edge like make us write from the dictionary.

Lol. That's the same for me. ^^
    Have you noticed that after a while nobody listens anymore? :'D

Oh, and no. I never ever counted the words in a dictionary.
    I think I can spend my time to something better, even when I'm bored. :/

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2008
    I dont think there are only thousands of words, it shld be more than a million words. And I never done that.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Um... No. What sort of question is this? Not only would it be a horrible waste of time, but it'd probably be extremely boring.

Although I do know that my friend once read the dictionary because she was bored, but that's another story.

-Unknown-

Wth Noob
    Years
  • I mean like who would want to count all the words in the dictionary and wth write the dictionary for a P.E uniform and no i have never done that lulz.

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019
    Uh nope, but I've tried something else associated with lots of words. A few years ago, I got my book and started to write down all the words I could think of... for some reason - it was like trying to write a dictionary I'd created, but without any meanings to the words lol; I thought it'd be kinda fun. I filled about 5 pages with so many words and then got bored ._. Yeah, pointless, I know.

Last edited:
    Back