• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you noticed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Ohh, Japan's so lucky. I'd love to see those Pokemon Housou episodes. They even have Gary in them! o_o That's not fair. I don't see why they don't air them in America.

Kenta-kun

死神
    Years
    They won't show it here. Or at least your should hope they won't, out of all the dubbing companies out there 4Kids is undoubtably the worst. Just download fansubs, if they're available.

(And it's Togetic, not Togechick.....just me bein picky >_<)

Kenta-kun

&#27515;&#31070;
    Years
    Knowing them, they probably did. They're also the ones behind dubbing Yugioh & Shaman King. I've seen all of Shaman King subbed, & they ruined it...same goes with Yugioh. They are also the only dubbing company that refuses to release dvds uncut & with the option for Japanese language with English subtitles. They change names, they change storylines, & they edit the anime like there's no tomorrow. From what one of my friends (who had seen subbed Pok?mon) has told me, they did the same with it. They make the anime, no matter what its age group in Japan (Yugioh is 16+), & make it for ten-year-olds. And they choose bad voice actors.

Years
    Just stop it with Yu-Gi-Oh!, it's probably the worst anime in the world since it's been dubbed. I hate that show. Just out of curiosity, do you know what's changed between the dubbed and undubbed versions of Pok?mon?

Kenta-kun

&#27515;&#31070;
    Years
    I only know of name changes for sure. Many other things have been changed, but I can't think exactly what off the top of my head (mostly script stuff). Besides most of the pokemon, many of the characters got name changes as well. Gary, Ash, Misty, Tracy, Brock, Oak, May (& many more) are all examples. Ash is Satoshi, Misty is Kasumi, Brock is Takeshi, May is Haruka, & the others I can't remember

Flaming Torchic

HalOWNED!
    Years
    dqle said:
    Just stop it with Yu-Gi-Oh!, it's probably the worst anime in the world since it's been dubbed. I hate that show. Just out of curiosity, do you know what's changed between the dubbed and undubbed versions of Pok?mon?

Oh please, personally I think people are too dang nitpicky when it comes to the Yugioh dubs..."Oh no! The anime is totally messed up! They took out such a little thing as that guy not knocking out Mokuba with a jab! Or that camera guy zooming in on Tea's...nvm >.>" my point is to stop whining about it, they are little significant things being taken out -_-;

Anyways, I think that Ash is starting to get a tad nicer to May. Even though he never really was mean to her if you ask me...>.>

Years
    I dunno, Ash is being a jerk to just about everything recently as said in previous threads. He does seem to finally calm down in the last episode, though.

I respect your coments about YGO, but that anime seems to have a corny storyline so far! Wow, save the world by playing cards! The animation is nice, but I'm getting tired of people tryin to save the world! At least Ash doesn't do it as a full time job! Nearly ALL anime is about good prevailing over evil as the basis. The only ones that don't do that are Pok?mon and Hamtaro. (in America)

Kenta-kun

&#27515;&#31070;
    Years
    But you can't judge anime by what's shown in America. Most of the time, we aren't being nitpicky. 4Kids does mess up the shows it does. If at least in respect to the original creator of the show, they should at least release it uncut with the option for Jaspanese language with english subititles. Instead of releasing the show for the age group it's meant for, they change it as much as possible to make it for little kids.

About the whole good & evil/Yugioh thing, Yugioh's not that corny in japanese. I've seen sum subbed eps. And why not base an anime on good & evil? Most of the time, there's no predetermined evil. The "bad guys" think what they're doing is right, a lot like Adolf Hitler in ww2. Evil is all relative. There aren't many animes out there where evil knows it's evil.

And Hamtaro is one of THE most annoying anime series I've ever seen. Mostly because everything's always ok at the end of each episode. That's not real life, ppl....things rarely (if ever) turn out alright for anyone at the end of a day. Shows like that really get to me. It's also too cutesy

Years
    True that Hamtaro is sorta too cutesy, a little too much even for my three year old cousin.

Reason Pok?mon is in my list of things to do is that it's very unique compared to all the anime's out there. I do like the idea of the undubbed Japanese version with english subtitles. Although if we change it right now, our views of the show may change because of the uncut versions. But then again, 4Kids has changed the series completely? so it may be for the best...

About the evil thing, it's not really the 'evil' I'm talking about, although I do like your comments on it. I'm really just saying that 'good guys saving the world' is really an ancient concept, and quite frankly, it's getting really boring. I know that 'evil' can seem like 'good' to some but not for others. What I'm tryin to say is that one side thinking that what there doing is good, but the other is trying to stop them because the other side believes it is going to 'destroy' the world. It's BORING.

I'd like to know any changes between the Japanese and English versions...

Mandy-Chan

*~Candy Mandy~*
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jan 24, 2007
    My,my this thread has certainly gotten away from it's original subject,oh well, I really think they should show the Hosou~did I spell that right~here in america,
    now back to the subject- Well I didn't really notice that he's been short tempered with May,but now that you mention it, If I think about it...Yeah he has, I think that Misty's 'tude' rubbed off on Ash(like at the end of Pokemon Jirachi Wish Maker
    Ash-What was Dianne wish?
    May-I can't say my lips are sealed
    Ash-That'll be a first
    or somthing along those line)that's sorta cocky comeback is somthing that Misty would say:),though I also think that it could also be that he misses Misty, mabey a little of both.

Years
    i love may, she is totally new and ihtink now she uses that to annoy ash and even as an excuse, any girl 9or person) who can pull that off flawlessly deserves a lot of credit, and I cant wait for may to jsut bust out on ash in 1 episode. (and maybe have max on mays side both ganging up on ash

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back