• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HOME: Have you used HOME?

Years
  • HOME's been out for a while now, and a lot of people have had time to test/adjust to it. Have you used it? If you pay the fee, do you think it's worth it for the services you get now? Have you tried features like surprise trade?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I have, and it was mostly to try and get some stuff off the GTS and then after the Isle of Armor DLC released, to bring up a few Pokemon. But I haven't used it in months since its functionality without the premium plan is somewhat limited, and the price of it (I only paid for 1 month of the premium plan) is rather unappealing. Especially when the GTS should've been in Swsh itself and from the very beginning, plus the fact that Bank offered the primary service (storage and transferring Pokemon up a generation) for less money.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • i never got it. it's basically just for transferring right? bc i get a lot of anxiety when it comes to moving pokemon out of their native generation so i was just like. it's gonna be a pass for me probably, unless i absolutely need to send something up. the price also seems silly...bank didn't bother me bc it was good storage for when i was big into the trading scene and you could rack up pokemiles and exchange for BP in your game (bc fuck actually DOING battle facilities ugh) and it was a very seamless method of transferring (hey i did transfer Some Stuff lol). $5 for a year when i was actively using it often and really needed the space was nice. so home is like. what, more expensive and less functionality? meh.

Years
  • I've used and transferred mons to it yes! And brought over shinies that I could to SwSh. Still waiting for GO to be compatible though, would be nice to make space there and I am paying like. 15$ a year, which is way higher than bank cost... so they really should have given it to us by now imo @_@

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen today
    Actually didn't know it was out, currently I don't own it because I don't have any plans to transfer my shinies from gen 6 to gen 8. I don't own gen 8.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I've used and transferred mons to it yes! And brought over shinies that I could to SwSh. Still waiting for GO to be compatible though, would be nice to make space there and I am paying like. 15$ a year, which is way higher than bank cost... so they really should have given it to us by now imo @_@

i guess a solution to that is sending pokemon from GO into LGPE and then to home but that just adds more steps and that excludes all non-gen 1 pokemon so what am i even making this post for lol. that's weird though, i thought home already included GO. very disappointing tbh.

Years
  • i guess a solution to that is sending pokemon from GO into LGPE and then to home but that just adds more steps and that excludes all non-gen 1 pokemon so what am i even making this post for lol. that's weird though, i thought home already included GO. very disappointing tbh.

yeah i saw someone say that on reddit and i wish i would be more inclined to do it, but it makes the process a lot more lengthy. i shouldn't have to be jumping through hoops like that for a service i'm paying a lot of money for :s

connectivity with GO is coming soon but apparently it will have a pokecoin cost. which really baffles me. hopefully it's very very low, like 1 per transfer set, or only for legendary/mythical mons. i live in NYC where there's a lot of competition for gyms so making coins isn't always that easy. very bad design choice if it ends up for everything transferred, and cost more than just a coin or two.

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2020
    Honestly I've never really gotten into it, I'd rather just start fresh every game.
    I definitely play the games more for the story and the regional experience

Back