• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hearing Pokémon music in real life :O

Have you ever heard Pokémon Music in real life? o-O

• Yes!

Votes: 13 92.9%
  • No!

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

176StantonStreet

Little Mons†er
Years
  • Since the release of Pokémon Black and White, I've been playing it basically non stop every chance I get. But lately I have noticed that like at school and such I sometimes find myself (subconsciously, I would assume) hearing various melodies from the game!

Has this ever happened to anybody else? Because otherwise, excuse me while I fill out my application to the nut house o-O

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • I have a couple of times, when I was younger.

This really happened: there was this commercial on the radio a while back that used the first season anime intro music with out the lyrics as the background song as the announcer talked. I only heard it once, but I was like WTF!?

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
    Years
  • It happens to me a lot since I play so much these days. In the morning I often see myself singing Kokoro no Fanfare when no one is around. I like singing in Japanese =x.

Pidgeot is Life

Poke Balla
    Years
  • LOL!
    I'm not alooone.
    After an entire day and a half, no sleep, of Pokemon Black, I finally decided to go to sleep.
    But the whole time I was laying there it sounded like stuff was jumping out of tall grass, at me. XD
    I'm not complaining, though. It was pretty great.

Daikenki

Water Trainer
    Years
  • If I play the game long enough, my mind will trick me into hearing the music, and even random pokemon cries in real life (not fun when you hear zubats cry, I think I peed myself when I heard the cry). And sometimes I swear I've gone nuts because the music is super clear, but it turns out the gen 5 commercial is on, or I left the game on accidentally.

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    This happens to me a lot, and not just with Pokemon music. What usually happens is that I hear music or something of the like without actually either seeing it or not fully listening to it, whether it be because it is too quiet or whatever. And most of the time I just think it is the music from Pokemon, the sound effects from Pokemon, or just a song I know. Most of the time, I'm wrong.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • In my old high school towards the end of the regular year for the year twelves they'd have a 'muck-up day'. I remember that when I was in year 11 and doing a test with everyone else on that year's muck-up day they had taken control of the PA systema nd played stuff including the Pokemon Theme song from the anime. XD

But...that's basically it, discounting hearing it from someone else playing it on the bus or something.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • Quite often I'll be in maths or something and I'll hear music (normally from Pokemon Gold, Silver and Crystal) and wonder if it's just me or do I have my game on in my pencil case or something and then completely forget. It is normally just me. I often hum the music also and then everyone just turns and looks at me. Then again some people just walk past me and sing the lines "I want to be the best, like no one ever was".

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I'm not sure how to answer this, but whenever I space out or daydream, sometimes I hear Pokemon video game music in my head.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Hopefully a Nintendo copyright lawyer isn't listening in on this, but I swiped the music from Celadon City, adapted it for piano, and inserted it into a composition I was writing for my GCSE Music project. So, for a period of 3 months I would be subjected to it as I was writing the rest of the non-stolen composition... but that was about 5-6 years ago, and haven't heard any Pokemon music apart from when playing Pokemon (and even then, I normally play with the volume off, as the music has a tendency to get in the way).

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Sometimes I'll play a song over in my head, although if you mean actually properly hearing it then not really. It's not like they're playing Lavender Town on the radio. :p

However technically I did a week or two ago I could hear faint music coming from somebody playing Pokemon Black/White on the bus. I was sitting behind him and out of nothing else to do I was listening to him play. I think he picked a Snivy since I heard it's cry a fair bit. I was pretty surprised to see someone else playing it actually. He was a teenager too (he looked over 16, maybe he was a young adult). It's the first time I actually saw someone who looked around my age playing pokemon, needless to say I was dumbstruck for a while.

Back