• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Heart Gold & Soul Silver Legendaries

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    This shouldn't have been made a thread but here is a list.
    -Ho-oh
    -Lugia
    -Raikou
    -Suicune
    -Entei
    -Groudon
    -Kyogre
    -Rayguaza
    -Dialga
    -Palkia
    -Giratina

Those are the ones that have been confirmed so far.

How are they going to fit all of those into the game? It almost seems like too many.

Chrono

\:D/
    Years
    How are they going to fit all of those into the game? It almost seems like too many.

And theres proof of them, just go check serebii.

Also since metwo is in the game, do you think they"ll have mew too? Since mew was never able to be caught in a game besides emerald.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    Hasn't anybody been paying attention to the updates of Heart Gold and Soul Silver? You people are complete idiots if you think that we are getting every main Sinnoh legendary and getting both Kyogre and Groudon in both of the games. In fact if you don't get Groudon in your HG and Kyogre in SS, you cannot get Rayquaza and you only get to choose one legendary mascot out of THREE from the D/P/Pt games.

Here's the real list:

-Lugia
    -Ho-oh
    -Entei
    -Suicune
    -Raikou
    -Groudon or Kyogre: Soul Silver for Groudon/ Heart Gold for Kyogre.
    -Rayquaza: Have BOTH Groudon and Kyogre in your party.
    -Choose either Dialga , Palkia, or Giratina at Level 1 at Arceus event in game.
    -Celebi?

That's eight in total because it's based on what is available by default if you do not link up in trade for the Gen. 3 legends .
    And besides, there's two regions plus more in these remakes so its pretty reasonable.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Geesh! Way to crack at everybody for no apparent reason. Those facts are already known and just because people don't mention it doesn't mean that they don't know about it.
    And you forgot Mewtwo. It was confirmed on Pokemon Sunday yesterday :p

Chrono

\:D/
    Years
    Geesh! Way to crack at everybody for no apparent reason. Those facts are already known and just because people don't mention it doesn't mean that they don't know about it.

I demand more MEW ;-;

I already got one though, from the Toys R us event 3 years ago. Lol

Brushfire

afc bournemouth <3
    Years
    I agree that having so many Legendaries in here is stupid. I mean... why do we need the DPPt trio in here? :? It's not like we can't get them in Gen. 4 already. :/
    I understand having Hoenn's trio in here, and if I'm telling the truth although I don't want them in a JOHTO remake, I'll look forward to getting Kyorge...

Zacceh

Another day in the life of...
    Years
    Personally, I'm just looking forward to kicking ???'s ass all over again. In revamped graphics.
    But I agree that having 7-9 legendaries/ubers per game is overkill. In R/B/G/Y There was Mewtwo and the 3 birds (Illegal Mew in Yellow, and Missingno., Lv.100+ etcs.). Old G/S/C there was Ho-Oh, Lugia, and the 3 dogs. Shoulda been kept that way. But all the in-game events and new legendaries HAVE given the newer games a lot more storyline to play, since Giratina, Heatran, etc. were subs. This could lean either way. I'll judge it more when the game comes out in English :)

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    Personally, I'm just looking forward to kicking ???'s ass all over again. In revamped graphics.
    But I agree that having 7-9 legendaries/ubers per game is overkill. In R/B/G/Y There was Mewtwo and the 3 birds (Illegal Mew in Yellow, and Missingno., Lv.100+ etcs.). Old G/S/C there was Ho-Oh, Lugia, and the 3 dogs. Shoulda been kept that way. But all the in-game events and new legendaries HAVE given the newer games a lot more storyline to play, since Giratina, Heatran, etc. were subs. This could lean either way. I'll judge it more when the game comes out in English :)
    First, it's definitely not an overkill. Legendaries and ubers make the game longer, and put more strong Pokemon into the OU and uber environment for competitive playing.
    Secondly, it's not even about legendaries. It's about the number of games for current console compared to the number of Pokemons. The number of Pokemons you could catch in Diamond or Pearl or Platinum without trading and pal parking was insane, simply because you have 493 Pokemons and you need more Pokemons per game to make a complete Pokedex available. Then both regular and legendaries are required.
    Now with HGSS, you should be able to get all the Pokemons with all the games available for DS and the systems it can communicate with (unless for GBA cause Pal Park is unavailable in DSi). If Pokemons like Mewtwo, Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza won't be available on those games, you won't stand a chance to complete a Pokedex.
    And the thing with Arceus, it's only if you have the event Arceus anyways, and it's just some addition for fun.

Edit: Chronø, chances are the 3 birds won't be in that game. They were in Platinum already without any events. And I don't know why it wasn't true for Mewtwo, but it's supposed to look like Red already "caught them" IMO cause it's a sequel to FRLG.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022

Just got very angry that's all. I saw that mistake about Mewtwo so technically now there's 9 you can get without meeting the requirements of getting Rayquaza. Sorry! :(

MiniEggs

Working On Something Spritey.
    Years
    Should they add all legendaries? And if we were on about DSi sales, then what about Pal Park pokemon? Will they be thrown around a bit?

Riggzyd

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2013
    My god, they seem to be repeating the mistake that was in DPPt, I thought it was just be Lugia and Ho-Oh in this game, with the 3 legendary dogs. Why are they adding Hoenn and Sinnoh legendaries .... they just killed the flare that Lugia and Ho-Oh had.

DPPt had:
    Spoiler:

MY GOD!! That's 14 LEGENDARIES!!!!! GSC only had 5, the two mascots of the games and the 3 legendary dogs, Celebi can't be counted really because you can't legitally obtain him in english versions of GSC. And now HG/SS shall have 11 legendaries? No way man, that's too many. It steals the limelight from Lugia and Ho-Oh.
    I dont understand how Drifloon is a legendary in any way O.o
    man i ran into him so many times when i was training outside windworks lol

Chris The Nerd

OMG a Cowterpie!!!
    Years
    they're including these legendaries because you need to be able to complete the pokédex (excluding a select few) without use of the pal park or cheating. the weather trio is included because they are not in diamond, pearl or platinum.

also, the arceus must be traded from D/P/Pt, after being obtained from the movie. in order to get Palkia, Dialga, and Giratina you need this arceus. so they don't count.

-Ho-oh
    -Lugia
    -Raikou
    -Suicune
    -Entei

-Groudon
    -Kyogre
    -Rayquaza
    -Mewtwo

-Dialga
    -Palkia
    -Giratina

so that's five from the originals, and four extras. that doesn't seem like much to me. I wouldn't be surprised if they add latios and latias to the mix.

Last edited:

JawKam

The Dragonite Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2018
    Are there any other way besides 'events' and 'movies' that I can get those special legendaries? I live in Asia and there isn't such thing here. I've never completed a Pokedex in any of my games :(

EagleVision1999

Commander
    Years
    Are there any other way besides 'events' and 'movies' that I can get those special legendaries? I live in Asia and there isn't such thing here. I've never completed a Pokedex in any of my games :(
    Do you have Wi-Fi access. If you have than juss look into the trading sections on Pokémon forums. Shinies or EV'd Pokémon should get you what you want.

Anyway, on the one hand I enjoy longer storylines, so having these legendaries with a decent storyline isn't too bad I think.
    On the other hand I no longer find In-game legendaies special in any way...there are so many I feel they're everywhere @_@
    Also, I hope they have a good explaination for why Kyogre and Groudon are in Johto (it's three years after Hoenn and Kanto so they should bring a nice explanation to us)
    Having Mewtwo in it...well technically Red should have caught him three years ago but theoretically it could be that he never catched it in the first place. The player was able to avoid the cave (sure, no-one did but the In-Game Red is different from us anyway I think)
    And Arceus...it still needs an event outside of japan. And it's additional. You don't have to get it and you don't have to transfer it.
    Still, that doesn't change the fact that there are a lot. The number of legendaries in Platinum was overwhelming and still keeps me busy *is too lazy to catch the roamin' guys*

Another thing...do you think they will add more legendaries? If they want to make the Pal park unnecessary they would need events for Latios, Latias, Mew and Deoxys I think. And then there's Celebi which I doubt will be catchable without an event ( or as I suspect a GS-Ball distribution though Wi-Fi)
    That would add five event legendaries to the list.

Years
    I doubt that they will add the previous event pokemon to the list. But it should mean you can get them at events again... hopefully

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2017
    I bet they're going to have Hoenn in the game as a surprise, and to avoid having to make remakes of R/S/E.

Back