• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold SoulSilver Monotype Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

X75flames

Free starters, PM me
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2014
    That was a fast response! =D To make it a bit more challenging i will hatch the other two eggs after a certain point in the game. ( i accept suggestions )

Count me in for the challenge!

Name: Rahiri
    Type: Dragon
    Version: HG

(will even take pics of some of the progress to make it as clear as possible )
    I look over my Pt version and i can make eggs of dratini gabite and bagon ( reading bagon allways makes me hungry )
    Hatch an egg every gym.

I want to sign up, but I havent decided yet....

perfectmonster

Eggs Are Awesome!
    Years
    The twist: I will select one of the three starters, perhaps Chikorita, and use her until I reach Violet City for the first time. At that point, I will head to the Pokewalker and access Yellow Forest, then use that area to capture a level 10 Pikachu. I will then swap Pikachu out for my starter and go from there.

There are six Pikachu available in Yellow Forest, according to Bulbapedia; the two easiest to obtain are level 10, with the male version knowing one extra move over the female - Thunder Wave.

Ok, i guess you could do that, but it would have to be the lowest level Pikachu, which is lv 10 by my understanding.

Also, thanks everyone for joining! I am still updating the first post with all of your names. Remember to regularly post your game status! And also remember that challenge two (the Pokewalker Challenge) has not had any entries. :D Hint, hint!

Last edited:

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I'm still deciding on either grass or water.

=/

Years
    Ok, i guess you could do that, but it would have to be the lowest level Pikachu, which is lv 10 by my understanding.

That works for me, it's also the easiest to obtain hehe

I don't recall there being any other electric types that early on in the game, aside from Mareep, which I plan on getting about the same time I grab Pikachu. I'll certainly do some research on the subject, though... odds are I'm overlooking more than one pokemon. It happens. :P

X75flames

Free starters, PM me
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2014
    I would do a dark challenge, but I would have to import almost every single one....

Also, something to think about, HM's people. If you have a fire team, no surfing for you XD How are you going to finish the game now bub?

perfectmonster

Eggs Are Awesome!
    Years
    Wait, I thought I put a rule that helped with that in the first post... *goes off to check* No, i missed it ! :D Anyway, You can have one HM slave on your team, like Sentret, that will help with the surfing and stuff. I'll add that to the first post :)

And X75flames, there are a few Pokemon that are Dark types that you can catch. There's Murkrow, Houndour and Sneasel, and you could have Umbreon and Tyranitar because they are all dark. There is a rule that you can have a Pokemon that isn't your type if it will evolve into that type at some stage.

Last edited:

Sire

Making Flareon Own You
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    I would like to do electric, with a slight twist:

Sign-Up
    Username: Blazenwing
    Pokemon Team: Electric
    Version: HeartGold (will be purchasing either Apr 1st or 2nd)

The twist: I will select one of the three starters, perhaps Chikorita, and use her until I reach Violet City for the first time. At that point, I will head to the Pokewalker and access Yellow Forest, then use that area to capture a level 10 Pikachu. I will then swap Pikachu out for my starter and go from there.

There are six Pikachu available in Yellow Forest, according to Bulbapedia; the two easiest to obtain are level 10, with the male version knowing one extra move over the female - Thunder Wave.

Annnnnnnnnnnnyways... yeah. That's what I want to do. :)

Actually, the Pikachu gets Thunder, not Thunder Wave.

perfectmonster

Eggs Are Awesome!
    Years
    Would anyone be willing to create some banners? I can't because every computer in my house is a Mac and I don't know how to use their programs :P

X75flames

Free starters, PM me
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2014
    Wait, I thought I put a rule that helped with that in the first post... *goes off to check* No, i missed it ! :D Anyway, You can have one HM slave on your team, like Sentret, that will help with the surfing and stuff. I'll add that to the first post :)
    Your welcome my good sir :rambo:

Edite: Well ya, I knew that. Only problem is that there are no dark pokemon in the beging of the game...

Sire

Making Flareon Own You
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    My suggestion is catch a Murkrow on the Pokewalker.

X75flames

Free starters, PM me
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2014
    My suggestion is catch a Murkrow on the Pokewalker.
    I used the pokewalker like three times, then neglected it. Can't I just import a lvl 3 Pouchiana and call it even?

perfectmonster

Eggs Are Awesome!
    Years
    Yeah, that would be the best solution, but you would have to trade it out as soon as you got your first dark type. The earliest one you get is Eevee if you visit Bill at his house in Goldenrod.

X75flames

Free starters, PM me
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2014
    Yeah, that would be the best solution, but you would have to trade it out as soon as you got your first dark type. The earliest one you get is Eevee if you visit Bill at his house in Goldenrod.
    All right, I'll start now. Update in about a hour, or tomarrow :D

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2010
    I would like to try a fighting challenge. One thing I was curious about was the use of swarm. Is using swarm from a pokemon not of the correct type acceptable or a not?

Thanks,
    kjgvrof

Years
    Pre-Update:

Everything seems blurry, blues shadows and whispers. It seems I am inside of a building. With every step i take , the sound of old wood resonates like a deep voice in a cathedral. I am scared, but a calm flow of water calm me down. Where am I? I thought as i tried to understand what was happening around me. The whispers become more loud. Test. Ponential. Dragons.... I wake up.

It was still night, arround 1:00 in the morning and it seems i wont be falling back asleep, i reach for my PokeGear and tune up a radio station... This is going to be a long night... in the morning? Im gonna be a Pokemon Trainer!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Besides getting my HG pokemons into my Pt version, im pretty much ready to start this challenge. The 3 eggs i will be having will be:

Dratini
    Bagon
    Swablu

I will hatch dratini asap and release the rest of my pokemons, will only catch an hm slave and if find a shiny >.<'. The other two eggs will be hatched after the 2nd and 3rd gym. Dratini was bred on my HG but the other two in Pt, wich led to me forgetting which egg is which in Pt. I will not know which pokemon of the remaining two i will be getting after the gym

I have pics to show, but i dont have enough posts to do it, so ... Ill update after i actually start!

GL to the other challengers!

X75flames

Free starters, PM me
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2014
    If nobody else dose, I may also take up the fire challenge. Water seems like the stablest. It may be able to go without a HM slave for bouns points XD

Still breeding out my Poochyena. Just remebered Bugzy :(

Years
    Starr's Electric Shock Saga: Prologue

HeartGold SoulSilver Monotype Challenge!

First Entry

It's warm out today… and that's no joke! I'm finally setting out on my grand Pokemon adventure, although I'm a little disappointed in my choices for a starting partner. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure they'll all nice Pokemon, Chikorita, Cyndaquil and Totodile… but I saw this trainer… what did they call him?

Red.

The Pokemon League Champion! And he did it with a Pikachu of all things! I guess it's the Pokemon he started with… Professor Oak in Kanto must have a larger selection than our esteemed Professor Elm. Oh well… maybe I'll be able to catch a Pikachu of my own someday and take on Red!

…ha. I know, I know… in my dreams.

Second Entry

My mother just came into my room and surprised me with a present to kick off my journey - a ticket to travel to the Yellow Forest! And guess what reside there… Pikachu! Mom says that I won't be able to travel to Yellow Forest until I reach Violet City, but that means I should be able to catch a Pikachu (with some luck!) before I can challenge my first Pokemon Gym.

Then, it's decided! I will become the greatest Electric-type Pokemon trainer of all time and take my place alongside Kanto's Red as one of the greatest trainers of all time!

Now, I just need to make it to Violet City in one piece. I guess I can resign myself to bring one of the Professor's Pokemon with me until I can make it there. Now… which one? Grr… Elm's lab cannot open fast enough!!! I can barely contain myself!

.: End of Prologue :.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2011
    if i knew about this earlyer on i would of joiend with a flying type team cause most of my team was flying type at the start or a fire type team

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back