• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold SoulSilver Monotype Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Jef's Icy Journey

vI woke up today like any other day...except today I become a pokemon trainer. I'm excited because my friends from the other regions already have become successful with their pokemon. It's finally my turn. I go to Elm's lab and pick up Cyndaquil although I would have much rather picked up an ice type. I showed Cyndaquil to my mom and took off to Mr. Pokemon's house where I met professor Oak and I received a brand new pokedex. This day got pretty exciting quite quickly.

Right after I left, Elm called me frantically and told me to rush over. While I was leaving Cherrygrove I ran into a rude trainer called Silver. I beat him narrowly and visited Elm per his request. It turns out a thief stole the totodile that was once there. I was freaked out because the cop thought it was me, but Lyra defended me and I am much grateful. I told the cop all I knew and then I visited my mom and told her of my future journey. As I reached Cherrygrove, I realized that I needed an ice type so I contacted my friend from Sinnoh and received an egg.

After walking around with the egg, it hatched and I got a lil seel. I trained with it for a while until he learned icy wind. I made it to Violet City and climbed up Sprout Tower. I defeated each trainer and even the elder easily because of Icy Wind. I then challenged the gym leader from Violet city, Falkner. His bird pokemon were no challenge for my Seel and I easily gained my Zephy Badge. I proceeded to Azalea where I went up against Team Rocket's Proton. I thought this was weird because I remember hearing Red had decimated Team Rocket three years ago. I fought them anyways and I stepped in Red's shoes for this moment.

After this was done, I went up against Bugsy and his barrage of bug type creatures. I thought his scyther would be trouble but once he tried using leer on my Seel, I trapped it with an encore and utilized a recently-learned ice shard to defeat it, right after I had conquered his Metapod and Kakuna. I gained my Hive Badge and left towards Goldenrod where I visited the pokemall and purchased TM's, potions, etc. I then visited Bill's house and found out he was in Ecruteak. I left to the radio tower to complete a quiz I had heard about. After I completed it successfully, Whitney, the Goldenrod Gym leader took off to her gym and I followed.

Once I arrived, I defeated her friends and then challenged her. This was my hardest battle yet as her Miltank proved to be amazingly difficult. I trapped it using attract on my seel with an encore and then proceeded to raise its attack and headbutt my way to victory. Astoundingly, Seel caused miltank to flinch 5 times in a row. Not believing my luck, I ran around the gym and demanded my badge from the crying gym leader. I left happy and healed my pokemon. I went north towards Ecruteak now and saw Bill at the pokecenter. After he left, I followed him home and he offered me an Eevee.

I contacted my Sinnoh friend once again and traded my Eevee so it could evolve into Glaceon over there. I received it about 15 minutes later or so, fresh and cold. I taught it blizzard via tm and protect as well. So far it's been under my training and it's performing well.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

I might bring in another egg since running around with just two pokemon until the ice cave isn't the best idea...

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2010
    Oh... I forgot to mention this but I'm transferring from fighting to poison... I didn't realize that there were no fighting pokemon for a bit in the game, and for me (for me... which means I don't want to enter the deku debate) it seemed a little cheap to transfer in some guys. I understand having to transfer in for some types, but I'm too lazy to work my way to the fighting pokemon O_o.

Anyways... As for my new poison challenge, I started off with a totodile. After getting to violet city, I got a Nidoran (female from pokewalker and yet to be named) then caught a Zubat named Kimura. If any of you get the reference then I hope you get a chuckle out of it. Moving on. The gym battle against Falkner was a difficult one (darn gust), but my Nidoran pulled through.

I'll leave the "story" there for now. Sorry for not actually have a story behind it, but I'm a pretty dreadful story teller. Once I get fully up to date with my posts I'll put in some more info and stats.

Chiyo the Poison Master

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I'm signing up!

Username: xxChazxx
    Type: Bug
    Version: HeartGold

I use a CycloDS, so I'll be using the alternative save option as I haven't finished with my original game yet and I'd like to keep it intact for when I return for it.

I will start out with a starter (obviously) and catch a Spinarak and a Caterpie and evolve them before Violet gym for my first installment of the challenge (Scyther and Heracross will have to wait a bit).

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I'm signing up!

Username: xxChazxx
    Type: Bug
    Version: HeartGold

I use a CycloDS, so I'll be using the alternative save option as I haven't finished with my original game yet and I'd like to keep it intact for when I return for it.

I will start out with a starter (obviously) and catch a Spinarak and a Caterpie and evolve them before Violet gym for my first installment of the challenge (Scyther and Heracross will have to wait a bit).

I actually had to make a copy of the rom. Curse you and your modern card! xD

I wish the OP would come on and update the first post. I wanna see my name up there :3

Years
    Ok, these Pokemon are uber (https://www.smogon.com/dp/tiers/uber), none of which are on my team. What's wrong with using Pokemon I like? I personally don't like Machamp or Primeape, and don't want to wait until Mt. Mortar to get a Tyrogue.

Ironic that you want to take a fighting challenge, yet refuse to put a pure fighting type Pokemon on your team. An OP team isn't against the rules, it just feels a little cheap to me. But you're right, it's your team and they are technically fighting types, so I can at least see your thought process.

If you'll notice though, perfectmonster never said you couldn't use your entire team. He said "And you have to catch all of your Pokemon in-game. That means no Shroomish, no Torchic and no Ralts." Tell me where to catch Shroomish, Torchic and Ralts in HG/SS.

TECHNICALLY, I suppose you can get Ralts with Hoenn sound, and Shroomish I think you can as well, but that's not well until the end of the game when you get the National Pokedex, which is after the challenge ends.

(tl;dr: The pokemon you selected that he said no to are pokemon that are not found in HG or SS. I think that was the problem with it. Fighting pokemon eggs are perfectly fine, as long as they're Pokemon to be found within the game eventually.)

It looks to me that I succeeded in getting the most varied fighting types. They are truly fighting type, and just because they are known also for their other types doen't mean that they aren't fighting.
    No, Machamp, Primeape and Hitmonlee are "truly" fighting types. Blaziken is a firefighter who does a little fighting on the weekend. Gallade is too busy with his psychic phone line to do any serious fighting, and Breloom is off in some garden fornicating with a sunflower too busy to care. I'm not saying it's against the rules, just feels cheap, again. Hell, Blaziken alone can one shot pretty much anything past level 50. I know, I have one. :P

First off, I've taken part in many challenges my time here, and it is a CHALLENGE because of your type weaknesses, not because of however you thought it was (which I fail to see).
    The challenge I saw presented was defeating the elite 4 with only one type of Pokemon in your party. The challenge is to learn how to fight back against those weaknesses and prevail against insurmountable odds. (i.e. electric types surviving against ground types, and so on) Your team presents no challenge whatsoever, because anybody you go up against, you'll be able to destroy with an excellent variety of moves. How many of your pokemon will even *know* fighting type moves when you defeat the E4? I'm not saying you won't have any fighting moves, but to pretend like anything will be a challenge for your team is naive at best.

Also, have you ever tried to train a whole team of level one Pokemon who's moves consist of Growl (Ralts), Absorb (Shroomish), Scratch, Growl (Torchic), Endure, Leer, Tackle(Heracross), Water Sport, and Mist (Poliwag), against level 3-5 Pokemon. Now thats a challenge.
    Alright, I'll give you that. Your fighting type challenge will be difficult for approximately 10 levels. Congrats on your achievement.

Why do they need to be caught in-game? Its not like I'm using it. I never use an HM slave in battle. Thats kinda the point of an HM Slave.
    Don't ask me, these are perfectmonster's rules, not mine.

Also, generally you don't level up an HM slave. And if you can, please tell me a Pokemon that can learn all but one HM that can be found early in game without leveling up.
    Why do you NEED a pokemon that can learn 7 HMs early in the game? Hell, you don't get anything but Cut before you clear the third gym! My HM slave atm is an Oddish! :P

Actually, I'm following the general rules of all Monotype Challenges, that allow you to trade in a team.
    Alright, fair enough, but perfectmonster's challenge is not all Monotype Challenges. He can make whatever rules he wants, tell me why he has to do exactly the same as everybody else? Why can't he make it more or less difficult? It's HIS challenge to create as he sees fit, and if you don't want to follow his rules, then why even take the challenge? That's what I don't understand. You can't just say "well I did another challenge and they let me do it this way so f*** you and your rules".

Actually, 'his challenge' is based off of many many many previous challenges, and obviously he didn't care to look at the rules of those other challenges.
    Or, more likely, he did and decided to put his own twists on it, which you obviously have no respect for.

Also, most challenges allow you to trade in a team, especially if you can't find a Pokemon of your type early (in this case before Violet City.
    Again with the "but they let me do it"! argument. This is essentially your argument here:

You: Hi, I'd like to buy a Television.

Me: Alright, that will be 300 dollars.

You: But I was at wal*mart four months ago and they had them for free! So I'm just gonna take it and leave.

And then you'd get pissed that the cops were called on you. It's a crude representation, I know, but it's basically your argument. Just because you did some challenges elsewhere does not mean every single challenge of this type is going to be exactly the same! And you can't just get indignant and say "well, f*** off, I'm doing it the old way anyways because I was able to before" when the creator calls you out on it.

THAT is my problem with this whole situation, and this is why I decided to speak up even when nobody else did, because I'm actually taking perfectmonster's challenge seriously and your attitude over the whole thing really rubbed me the wrong way.

Please, tell me, where is a fighting type before Violet City. And no, I don't want to go through the first through gyms with just my starter before getting my first team member.)
    This just goes back to the beginning of the conversation. I'm sure you'll find something up there that I said about it.

I don't know if you know what a challenge is. Really, challenges need to have rules that you set for yourself to challenge yourself. Unless it is a race, which clearly it isn't.
    The real question is, do YOU know what a challenge really is?

Dictionary.com defines CHALLENGE as "a call or summons to engage in any contest, as of skill, strength, etc." or "something that by its nature or character serves as a call to battle, contest, special effort, etc"

Oddly enough, nowhere in there does it say "changing the rules around to best suit your own personal needs".

If perfectmonster would have just said "Defeat the elite 4 with one type of pokemon, show me your screenshot and I'll give you credit", then alright. But the fact that he went to the trouble to post specific rules FOR HIS OWN CREATED CHALLENGE that you are blatantly refusing to follow shows both no respect for the creator and very little sportsmanship from you.

If you don't want to take perfectmonster's challenge seriously, then go create your own and you can set all the rules you want or go join one of those other challenges that lets you do things the way you want or think they should be done. But it's not fair for those of us taking the challenge seriously for you to come in here, read the rules, then do whatever you want anyways and, when you get called on it by the challenge creator, claim that "but the other guys let me do it this way! f*** you!" because the argument is weak, without merit and just really small.

EDIT: Just to show that I'm not completely your enemy, Deku, I will at least say that I love your screen name... Zelda ftw! d(^_^d)

Last edited:

Chunes

Ace Trainer
    Years
    • IL
    • Seen May 17, 2010
    xxChazxx said:

I hope I'm not the only one who started a new game and is leaving his DS on until the challenge is done. :P

Also, it's nice to have a brother in the realm of bug. :) I'm finding the beginning to be quite difficult. I can't wait until I get to the national park. It'll make my life easier for a time, until I realize how underpowered bugs are later in the game. :P

My first and second attempts at Falkner were failures. Gust vs. Butterfree is not a good idea. But so far, Butterfree is the only bug pokemon I can find.

Last edited:

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Jef sends his regards from The Light House

Spoiler:

I beat the 4th gym with my newly trained glaceon and it's blizzard tm. I'm now enroute to gettin the medicine for Amphy =]

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Ironic that you want to take a fighting challenge, yet refuse to put a pure fighting type Pokemon on your team. An OP team isn't against the rules, it just feels a little cheap to me. But you're right, it's your team and they are technically fighting types, so I can at least see your thought process.

If you'll notice though, perfectmonster never said you couldn't use your entire team. He said "And you have to catch all of your Pokemon in-game. That means no Shroomish, no Torchic and no Ralts." Tell me where to catch Shroomish, Torchic and Ralts in HG/SS.

TECHNICALLY, I suppose you can get Ralts with Hoenn sound, and Shroomish I think you can as well, but that's not well until the end of the game when you get the National Pokedex, which is after the challenge ends.

(tl;dr: The pokemon you selected that he said no to are pokemon that are not found in HG or SS. I think that was the problem with it. Fighting pokemon eggs are perfectly fine, as long as they're Pokemon to be found within the game eventually.)

No, Machamp, Primeape and Hitmonlee are "truly" fighting types. Blaziken is a firefighter who does a little fighting on the weekend. Gallade is too busy with his psychic phone line to do any serious fighting, and Breloom is off in some garden fornicating with a sunflower too busy to care. I'm not saying it's against the rules, just feels cheap, again. Hell, Blaziken alone can one shot pretty much anything past level 50. I know, I have one. :P

The challenge I saw presented was defeating the elite 4 with only one type of Pokemon in your party. The challenge is to learn how to fight back against those weaknesses and prevail against insurmountable odds. (i.e. electric types surviving against ground types, and so on) Your team presents no challenge whatsoever, because anybody you go up against, you'll be able to destroy with an excellent variety of moves. How many of your pokemon will even *know* fighting type moves when you defeat the E4? I'm not saying you won't have any fighting moves, but to pretend like anything will be a challenge for your team is naive at best.

Alright, I'll give you that. Your fighting type challenge will be difficult for approximately 10 levels. Congrats on your achievement.

Don't ask me, these are perfectmonster's rules, not mine.

Why do you NEED a pokemon that can learn 7 HMs early in the game? Hell, you don't get anything but Cut before you clear the third gym! My HM slave atm is an Oddish! :P

Alright, fair enough, but perfectmonster's challenge is not all Monotype Challenges. He can make whatever rules he wants, tell me why he has to do exactly the same as everybody else? Why can't he make it more or less difficult? It's HIS challenge to create as he sees fit, and if you don't want to follow his rules, then why even take the challenge? That's what I don't understand. You can't just say "well I did another challenge and they let me do it this way so f*** you and your rules".

Or, more likely, he did and decided to put his own twists on it, which you obviously have no respect for.

Again with the "but they let me do it"! argument. This is essentially your argument here:

You: Hi, I'd like to buy a Television.

Me: Alright, that will be 300 dollars.

You: But I was at wal*mart four months ago and they had them for free! So I'm just gonna take it and leave.

And then you'd get pissed that the cops were called on you. It's a crude representation, I know, but it's basically your argument. Just because you did some challenges elsewhere does not mean every single challenge of this type is going to be exactly the same! And you can't just get indignant and say "well, f*** off, I'm doing it the old way anyways because I was able to before" when the creator calls you out on it.

THAT is my problem with this whole situation, and this is why I decided to speak up even when nobody else did, because I'm actually taking perfectmonster's challenge seriously and your attitude over the whole thing really rubbed me the wrong way.

This just goes back to the beginning of the conversation. I'm sure you'll find something up there that I said about it.

The real question is, do YOU know what a challenge really is?

Dictionary.com defines CHALLENGE as "a call or summons to engage in any contest, as of skill, strength, etc." or "something that by its nature or character serves as a call to battle, contest, special effort, etc"

Oddly enough, nowhere in there does it say "changing the rules around to best suit your own personal needs".

If perfectmonster would have just said "Defeat the elite 4 with one type of pokemon, show me your screenshot and I'll give you credit", then alright. But the fact that he went to the trouble to post specific rules FOR HIS OWN CREATED CHALLENGE that you are blatantly refusing to follow shows both no respect for the creator and very little sportsmanship from you.

If you don't want to take perfectmonster's challenge seriously, then go create your own and you can set all the rules you want or go join one of those other challenges that lets you do things the way you want or think they should be done. But it's not fair for those of us taking the challenge seriously for you to come in here, read the rules, then do whatever you want anyways and, when you get called on it by the challenge creator, claim that "but the other guys let me do it this way! f*** you!" because the argument is weak, without merit and just really small.

EDIT: Just to show that I'm not completely your enemy, Deku, I will at least say that I love your screen name... Zelda ftw! d(^_^d)

Ok, I'll answer this short and quickly because I'm tired... this is a game. Also, the quote that you constantly are pinning with me ('but the other guys let me do it this way! f*** you!') was nothing I ever said and never will. I do not cuss. Also, I've never played Zelda. I chose my name then realized it was something off of Zelda... Anyways, clearly I'm not welcome here and will go my own way... Oh, also, to stick up for some of my favorite Pokemon, they are just as fighting as a pure fighting type ^^ Also, please don't parallel this with stealing (whether it is a pack of gum or a tv). This is a game. Also, let me reword what a challenge is. This type of challenge is where you set your own standards. Lets do a parallel here. On a cross country team, you don't race to beat the other people. You challenge yourself and try to beat yourself, not anyone else. Also, I can't make another monotype challenge because they will appear the same and mine would be closed. So there is really only two places to post this, here or in the Travel Journal. Clearly I chose the wrong place. Also, to be truthful I didn't read the rules. I thought that clearly it would be like any other old mt challenge, because the title stated nothing whatsoever as having the 'twists', if you will. Anyways, this really isn't your business. Me and perfectmaster were smoothing things out and coming to understand where we each stood when you came along and refueled the dying flame. Anyways, farewell to this beatiful monotype with a twist thread! See you all sooner or later!

Chunes

Ace Trainer
    Years
    • IL
    • Seen May 17, 2010
    Ooh! Despite being poorly type-matched for Falkner, I managed to cheese with status moves for the win! 12 is a good level for Butterfree; between the two of mine I learned poison, paralyze, and sleep. :D I paralyzed his Pidgey right off and it couldn't move thrice in a row and I beat it without a scratch! Then I poisoned his Pidgeotto and confused it a bit later. I survived several turns at 4 hp thanks to the confusion and pulled the win out of thin air. :D

It's night now, so I'm backtracking a bit to hopefully catch Spinarak, then heading to Azalea. :)

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Quick update: I acquired my 5th and 6th gym badge all in 30 minutes. I figured the fighting gym and the steel gyms would prove to be extremely difficult but I managed easily by making sure to destroy any opposition before it got out of hand. I'm still utilizing my seel and glaceon.

Chunes

Ace Trainer
    Years
    • IL
    • Seen May 17, 2010
    Just caught a spinarak and I'm working on training it up. Jeez. It's only level 8 now and it already has 3 speed-decreasing moves. Redundancy much?

EJ: are you ever planning on broadening your team a bit more? Though I suppose there's not that many ice types yet.

Years
    EJ: are you ever planning on broadening your team a bit more? Though I suppose there's not that many ice types yet.

/agree

Luckily, he's not too far away from having access to Ice Path, which should help a lot, I'd imagine.

EJ, I'm going to be personally disappointed if I don't see a Piloswine on your final lineup! XD

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Guys, guys don't doubt me :P

Of course I'm expanding the team, I'll be adding piloswine and jynx once I make it to the ice cave.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2010
    Yeah, I agree with the other guy. This challenge is a bit too restrictive. I don't want to be in the middle of johto/near end until I finally have a full team. Because by then the game will be close to over, and because having few members means those get over leveled.

I also agree that the main focus is to have fun, this is a game.

With all this in mind, we still have to understand that if we want to do something different from the challenge, we have to accept that we are technically NOT partaking in this challenge. I also disagree with powerful hm slaves, because if your team loses, your dragonite will be left and win. It's kind of like a safety net. And I don't know if most of us will have the discipline to reset DS after beating something with a powerful hm slave.

I'm going to be doing this, but with a few alterations. To be honest I wouldn't be against trading, but the whole point is I want a challenge, so even if I would've traded it'd be normal non-powerful pokemon. What's the point of a water challenge if I put in squirtle, totodile, lugia, and so on? But I'm stuck with one DS. And nothing to trade with.

The way I'd edit this challenge is you are able to transfer/trade in 2 pokemons of your type. If your type can be found before or at the point of the first gym then you can only transfer 1. Pokemon found in the pokewalker count, so if you can get your type in pokewalker then you can't transfer it in.

I say this limit because having a group of 6 would be kind of boring. It's fun to switch in and out, or for your team to grow as you progress. No eggs and all that either :)

I also REALLY love "weird types", meaning, have you ever thought about doing like "mono color"? Like all your pokemon must be primaly blue colored, or yellow. Or "Macho type" They must all be strong, or "Crazy type", all crazy pokemon like cleffairy, spinna and so on xD

I also love challenges that involve unevolved pokemon.

Here would be an awesome challenge, your team must be made of the first pokemon you meet in the wild after getting each badge. (The extra after 6th badge can be traded in). That would be fun! :)

For this run I think I'll do a "blue element" challenge, meaning ice or water. Unevolved. Let's see how this goes!

This would probably end up being like how this challenge is, so I'll stick around :) I'm still thinking on whether I'll use a surfing pikachu. "Blue element" challenge also means you can only use either blue element moves (water/ice), normal moves, or anything sounding water/ice related. The only restriction is opposite moves. Meaning my totodile won't be using TMs that goes against the whole beach/ice feel to it. Normal pokemons are okay, as long as their moves are either normal, or ice/water related.

Day 1: After much consideration I pick totodile! Mostly because I've picked cyndaquil twice, silver and crystal, and it's waaay overpowered. I blazed through everything. I once picked chikorita and I also thought she made it easy. I've never picked this blue bugger so here it goes!

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    ^Seriously?? Chikorita is actually the hardest starter to use. Grass is at a disadvantage for 5 gyms. The only ones that are "easy" would be Whitney, morty, and chuck.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2010
    ^Seriously?? Chikorita is actually the hardest starter to use. Grass is at a disadvantage for 5 gyms. The only ones that are "easy" would be Whitney, morty, and chuck.

Lol, that's what people say to me. But I've always been a strategic person, (warlock in mmo), dot'r, meaning I'd poison then synthesis away xD, or sleep then leech seed then synthesis xD

And thanks for the link Yusshin!

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    Lol, that's what people say to me. But I've always been a strategic person, (warlock in mmo), dot'r, meaning I'd poison then synthesis away xD, or sleep then leech seed then synthesis xD

And thanks for the link Yusshin!

No problem. Unevolved Mono-Type falls moreso under my category than overall Mono-Type, since it's more specific, but it's still valid in both threads.

Also, I made the mono-colour challenge here. Gave you credits for the idea.

Years
    Starr's Electric Shock Saga

Chapter Three: Whitney and the Plain Badge

First Entry

Well, I headed straight for the Goldenrod Gym first thing today, and wouldn't you know it, the gym leader was away? The trainer guarding the door offered to tell me where to find her, but I told her not to worry about it; after all, the gym isn't going anywhere, right?

With that in mind, I left town and headed north. Why not explore a little? I battled a couple of trainers along the way - I think Pikachu's starting to get a little jealous that I'm putting so much energy into training Flaaffy, but with any luck, my little sheep will be an Ampharos soon, and since Thunder Stones are difficult to come by in Johto right now, that would be a much better bet from a trainer's standpoint.

Anyways, we went as far north as we could, but got blocked by some odd tree blocking the path to Ecruteak City! I tried to move it, and it just wiggled! Trees don't wiggle! Oddish tried to use cut on it, but it barely left a scratch. I guess we'll have to come back a bit later with another plan.

Second Entry

After the wiggling tree fiasco, the Pokemon and I headed back to Goldenrod. On the way, a woman stopped us and asked about the wiggling tree we saw. She mentioned that her sister in Goldenrod has a squirt bottle that could be useful in getting the tree to budge, but she wouldn't give it up unless the trainer proved themselves strong enough first. What does that mean? Of course… I need the Goldenrod gym badge.

Unfortunately, when we finally made it back to town, the gym leader was STILL away! The trainer outside offered to help me again, but I declined. After all, the leader needs to come back eventually… I hope?

Third Entry

With the free time not being spent battling the Goldenrod gym leader, it allowed my Pokemon and I to see the sights around Goldenrod. We found the cutest little Bike shop at the end of an alley and the man working there offered to let me borrow one if I would advertise it for him, so I said yes. If nothing else, it should help us get around easier for a while.

Oh, and I almost forgot, those Pikachu I left at the day care? Ethan's grandfather called me after I got the bike and told me that they found a Pokemon egg! I rode the bike back to the day care and claimed the egg, naturally. It already sounds close to hatching… I can't wait to see what it is!

Flaaffy, Pikachu and I checked out the Goldenrod underground as well. We fought a few battles (and I drooled at this Super Nerd's Magnemite and Voltorb - those would be such awesome additions to my team!) and I even dressed up like a Team Rocket member and got our photo taken! Oddish even got in on the picture!

Finally, we checked out the Radio Tower after hearing that there was a contest - answer all questions right in their quiz and take home a card that allows the Pokegear to function as a radio! We got there to take the quiz, but some pink-haired girl wouldn't get out of the way.

Eventually, after having too much trouble with the quiz, she stepped aside and I aced it on my first try. As I placed the radio card into my Pokegear, the pink-haired girl introduced herself as Whitney, the Goldenrod gym leader, and said she'd be heading back to her gym now! Are you kidding me?

Fourth Entry

After (finally!) getting into the Goldenrod gym, we started taking down their trainers one by one. The confusing set-up got to me a little bit - someone sitting behind me as I write this just informed me it's meant to look like a Clefairy… I suppose I can see it, thinking back - but we eventually reached Whitney and took her on. Flaaffy took down her Clefairy without a problem, but then Whitney pulled out her Miltank and things got tough!

I swapped Pikachu with Flaaffy and tried to paralyze Miltank, but her berry cured the paralysis and she then stomped Pikachu into fainting. Flaaffy came back out and cast thunder wave again, paralyzing Miltank for good this time, and even though Miltank healed itself a few times using milk drink, it was only a matter of time before she fell and we claimed our third gym badge!

Or so I thought… after defeating Whitney, she started crying and told me to go away! She even called me a meanie! Is this chick for real? I shook my head and started to leave, but was stopped by one of her trainers, telling me Whitney always cries when she loses and she'd calm down in a moment. Sure enough, I went back to talk to her, she finally gave up the Plain Badge!

HeartGold SoulSilver Monotype Challenge!

*** PLAIN BADGE OBTAINED (3/8) ***

With our third badge in hand, we hit the Pokemon Center and healed up, then found the flower shop and retrieved the squirt bottle for that wiggling tree. Next stop: Ecruteak City and badge #4!

HeartGold SoulSilver Monotype Challenge!

Flaaffy - Lvl. 28
    Pikachu - Lvl. 15
    Oddish (Temp. HM Slave [Cut]) - Lvl. 5

.: End of Chapter Three :.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back