• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold SoulSilver Monotype Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Starr's Electric Shock Saga
    Chapter One: The Zephyr Badge

First Entry

Oh my gosh! All I wanted to do was lay down for a short nap and my mother finally wakes me up a half an hour ago, telling me the time! I cannot believe I slept for, like, nine hours! (Lucky for me, pretty much everything's open 24 hours in Johto!) Anyways, I just left Professor Elm's lab with a cute little Chikorita. He doesn't seem to like me very much… no worries. Once I reach Violet City, I can send this little one back to Elm and begin work on achieving my destiny as the greatest Electric trainer of all time! But first, I have to go see some guy named Mr. Pokemon and retrieve some item. Fun…

Second Entry

So there I am, at Mr. Pokemon's house. He gives me this egg that, I guess, Professor Elm just absolutely needs to see, according to him, and who do I get to meet? Professor Oak from Kanto! He wasn't able to give me a spare Pikachu, unfortunately, but I DID get a Pokedex from him and a request to catalogue the Pokemon I see as I continue my journey. No sweat, right?

Well, a little bit of sweat, it turns out… as I left Mr. Pokemon's house, Prof. Elm calls me with some urgent message to get back as soon as I can! On my way passing through Cherrygrove, some rude red-haired kid bumped into me and challenged me to a Pokemon battle! I took on his Cyndaquil with my Chikorita and defeated him without a problem.

He dropped his trainer card before he ran off… turns out his name was Alex. Weird kid, but I have a feeling it's not gonna be the last time I see of him, especially since it looks like he stole that Cyndaquil from Elm's lab while I was away! I sure hope that little guy makes it alright with such a creep tossing out orders.

Third Entry

Well, it was a bit of a journey – and quite a few Pokemon trainer battles! – but I finally made it to Violet City. My first order of business was going to be, of course, finding my Pikachu, but then I overheard some townspeople talking about an electric sheep outside the city limits! I had to see for myself, and before I knew it, I had captured myself a cuuuuuute little Mareep!

*** MAREEP (FEMALE) CAUGHT – ROUTE 32 ***

After catching Mareep, I headed to the nearest Pokemon Center and they helped me get to the Yellow Forest. It took some doing, but Mareep and I worked together and nabbed ourselves my very own Pikachu!!!

*** PIKACHU (MALE) CAUGHT - POKEWALKER ***

Chikorita was placed into the Pokemon Center's PC and I was promised that it would make it back to Elm's lab safely where it could play with all of its friends again. As for Mareep, Pikachu and I, we headed into Sprout Tower and scaled it. I learned that electric type moves aren't the best choice against grass Pokemon, but we still managed to hit the top floor. Alex was there, and from what I overheard the Sprout Master saying, he's every bit the deviant I thought he was. I took on the Master as well, and defeated him handily with Pikachu.

Fourth Entry

With a new TM in hand (Flash), the two little ones and I headed to Violet City's Gym and were launched into the stratosphere where we met two flying Pokemon trainers, followed by Falkner. Now, nothing against Falkner, he seemed like an okay guy, but neither he nor his buddies were ANY match for Mareep's electric attacks. I just earned my first Gym Badge!

HeartGold SoulSilver Monotype Challenge!

*** ZEPHYR BADGE OBTAINED (1/8) ***

As we were getting ready to leave town and continue on, one of Elm's aides stopped by and gave me the egg I delivered to Elm earlier. I don't know what will hatch from it - maybe another cute little electric type! That would be awesome... anyways, as long as I have room, I'm going to carry it with me, at least until it hatches. It has the oddest little red and blue shapes on it...

Fifth Entry

It's getting late, but I'm still wide awake, and so are my Pokemon! We're at the Pokemon Center right outside of the Union Cave right now, and wouldn't you know it? My Mareep evolved into Flaaffy as we mowed through the trainers here! Awesome!

*** FLAAFFY (FEMALE) OBTAINED – MAREEP EVOLUTION ***

Still no sign of any other electric type Pokemon, but I'm keeping my eyes open! In the meantime, Flaaffy and Pikachu are going strong!

Sixth Entry

Union Cave was a bit of a pain, but we made it through relatively unscathed. I thought I was going to have some major trouble when some Hiker whipped out his Onix (hmm… that doesn't sound quite right…) Anyways, Pikachu came to the rescue with Rock Smash – thankfully some guy outside of Violet City gave me the HM to learn it, because I might have been toast without it!

Now I've reached Azalea Town, and something fishy's going down. There are guys in uniforms with big red R's on them blocking several of the town's monuments. I overheard whispers calling them Team Rocket, but it couldn't be THE Team Rocket… could it? I swear I saw on the news that Red himself took care of them three years ago!

I'll have to look into it tomorrow, unfortunately. Union Cave drained me of all my energy, and bed is sounding great right now. I'll bunk at the Azalea Pokemon Center for the night, then see if there's been any change in the morning. Worst case scenario, if Team Rocket or whoever they are happen to still be here, I'm sure Flaaffy, Pikachu and I can help clean them up.

Flaaffy - Lvl. 18
    Pikachu - Lvl. 15

.: End of Chapter One :.

Last edited:

Sire

Making Flareon Own You
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Alright, I should get my HG this week or next week around Monday or Tuesday.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Spoiler:

The Journey Through Johto:
    Journal Entry 1 : Starting my Journey!

[New Bark Town] Today I began my jorney. Someday I wish to be like Chuck - or even Bruno of the Elite Four, both Fighting-type Pokemon masters. I wonder if I will ever meet them... I might not even get that far. When I woke up I went down stairs and my mother gave me a brand new bag, trainer card, and this journal. Here is what my trainer card looks like:​

I can't wait to update it later with my badges and my Pokemon! I rushed over to Elm's lab just in time. I picked a Pokemon called Totodile. Elm told me to go to Mr. Pokemon's house to pick up something that he discovered. My trainer card automatically updated with a picture of a Totodile.​

Recieved a Totodile (Male) from Prof. Elm!

On my way out of the Labratory I saw my neighbor Lyra and her Marill. She told me I should tell my mom that I'm about to start my jorney, so that is exactly what I did.​

As I walked in, my mother gave me my Pokegear that had been in the repair shop the past week or so. I can finally call my friends now! Before I left town, I called my friend from the wintery Sinnoh. He told me that everything was going great over there and that he would hook me up with some strong fighting type Pokemon because he knew that they were hard to find in Johto - thank goodness! He said that first I need to buy some Poke Balls and catch some Pokemon to trade to him.​

On my way out of the town, I ran into a red-headed boy who wasn't exactly nice. Before I even stepped onto the route, Elm came out of the lab and gave me his phone number.​

[Route 29] On Route 29 I ran into some Pokemon, but didn't have any Poke Balls to catch them with. There were some tall bushes that I couldn't make my way through so I had to go the long way. Luckily, I didn't run into any strong trainers.​

[Cherrygrove City] Once I walked into Cherrygrove, an old man stopped me and gave me a tour of the city - how nice! He showed me the PokeCeter, PokeMart, the route towards Mr. Pokemon's house, the sea, and finally his house. Once the tour was over, the man was kind and gave me a pair of Running Shoes and the Map Card for my PokeGear!​

I then entered the PokeMart only to be told that I couldn't buy Poke Balls yet.. Maybe next time. After healing my Totodile, I went on Route 30 to Mr. Pokemon's house.​

[Route 30] On Route 30, I went into the first house I saw, only to find out that it wasn't Mr. Pokemon's house. Kindly, the man inside gave me directions to Mr. Pokemon's house, and an Apricorn Box so I can store apricorns. As I kept on running, the road split. To the left was a path blocked by some trainers battling, so I was forced to go right.​

I walked into Mr. Pokemon's house and was greeted by Mr. Pokemon himself. He gave me the Mystery Egg that I was coming to pick up for Prof. Elm. Also in the house was the infamous Professor Oak, who aided the strongesr trainer in the world - Red - on his journey. He entrusted me with his invention, the PokeDex. He also registered himself in my PokeGear.​

Last edited:

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I want to do the ice type but finding one (or one that will evolve into it) can take a while.

Can I just hatch a seel egg and trade over the Eevee from Goldenrod to sinnoh and evolve it?

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    The Journey Through Johto:
    Journal Entry 2 : The Zephyr Badge

[Cherrygrove City] On my way out of Mr. Pokemon's house, Elm called me. He was frantic - there had been some kind of emergency and he needed me - quick! I ran as fast as I could to Cherrygrove and was stopped by the mysterious trainer I saw back at Elm's lab - who challenged me to a battle! He had one of Elm's Pokemon. Could it be that it was stolen...?​

Rival Battle 1:
    Totodile vs. Chikorita
    Chikorita fainted!
    Win!​

[Route 29] I beat the boy by a fraction, then rushed back to New Bark Town.​

[New Bark Town] I got to New Bark Town then ran into the lab. A policeman was there and explained the robery. He thought that I had done it! Luckily, Lyra convinced him that it wasn't me, but a red-haired boy - the one that I saw on my way to Route 29! The policeman asked for his name, which I had read on his trainer card - Silver. Hopefully the policeman will find him. Once the policeman and Lyra left, I gave Elm the egg. Elm saw my PokeDex and told me to take on the Pokemon Gym Challenge. I went to go tell my mom about my choice to take the Challenge. She offered to save my money, so I let her do so.​

[Route 29] Lyra was playing in Route 29, and showed me how to catch Pokemon, then gave me 5 Poke Balls! I spent some time catching some Pokemon to trade to my friend in Sinnoh.​

Caught a Sentret (Female) on Route 29!
    Caught a Sentret (Female) on Route 29!
    Caught a Pidgey (Female) on Route 29!
    Caught a Pidgey (Male) on Route 29!
    Caught a Pidgey (Male) on Route 29!

[Cherrygrove City] Since I used all of my Poke Balls, I decided to buy five more in Cherrygrove. Then I went into the PokeCenter to heal. I called my buddy from Sinnoh, and he said that he could trade right away. I entered the Union Room and saw my friend waiting. I went over and talked to him so we could trade. I traded over my whole team for 5 eggs and a Pokemon he called an 'HM Slave'.​

Recieved an Egg from Sinnoh Trainer!
    Recieved a Dragonite (Female) from Sinnoh Trainer!

My friend said that he would take extra good care of my Pokemon that I traded to him. He wouldn't tell me what Pokemon were in the eggs so that I would have to get some exercise for them to hatch. After the trade, I exited the Union room then ran around Cherrygrove to hatch the eggs.​

Oh? Shroomish (Female) Hatched From the Egg! Nicknamed Shroomish Ori!
    Oh? Torchic (Male) Hatched From the Egg! Nicknamed Torchic Tikki!
    Oh? Poliwag (Female) Hatched From the Egg! Nicknamed Poliwag Rikki!
    Oh? Ralts (Male) Hatched From the Egg! Nicknamed Ralts Tavi!
    Oh? Heracross (Female) Hatched From the Egg! Nicknamed Heracross Kipling!

[Route 30] Right now I'm training my team. Did you know that when Pokemon hatch they are only level 1? Well, I didn't! So now I have to train, train, train!

There is no more text.
    TO BE CONTINUED

Last edited:
    Years
    I want to do the ice type but finding one (or one that will evolve into it) can take a while.

Can I just hatch a seel egg and trade over the Eevee from Goldenrod to sinnoh and evolve it?

I have a similarly related question - if/when I get a Magnemite and it evolves into Magneton, would it be allowed/possible to then transfer him to Diamond, take him to Mt Coronet and use a rare candy to get it to evolve into Magnezone?

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I have a similarly related question - if/when I get a Magnemite and it evolves into Magneton, would it be allowed/possible to then transfer him to Diamond, take him to Mt Coronet and use a rare candy to get it to evolve into Magnezone?

I think Nintendo/Game Freak screwed up on those type of evolutions. You're stuck with no Leafeon, Glaceon, Probopass, or magnezone hahahaha

Well, actually we all are unless we own D/P/Pt.

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2018
    Haven't really updated so far....

Current Badges: 2
    Current Pokemon: 2

Zangoose (Starter)
    - Scratch
    - Fury Cutter
    - Swords Dance
    - Rock Smash

Togepi
    - Yawn
    - Charm
    - Extrasensory
    - Metronome

On to Goldenrod city!

Years
    Rahiri/ Dragon Challenge:

-===---------------------------------------------------------===-

I went to Professor Elm's lab. He sent me on the task to fetch some important item from Mr.Pokemon. I do not understand why Mr.Pokemon can not just walk to this town and get it over with, but i get the change to use a Pokemon, so i wont complain. He lend me his own Totodile and i started my journey to Mr.Pokemon house.

After arriving to Mr. Pokemon house, i was given a Pokemon Egg and a Pokedex by Prof. Oak, which happened to be there. He said he saw some potential in me and wanted me to take on the Pokedex completion assignment. I agreed just to have that red piece of amazing technology.

On my way back, i happened to find a red haired kid on the way. He challenged me to a fight and I won swiftly. Then the kid proceeded to talk all high and mighty about the strong and the week. I decided to walk away and laugh, deft ears to stupid words... i guess that pissed him off.

When i arrived with the egg to Prof Elm they filled me in on the details. That messed up kid stole a pokemon from the lab. Unacceptable! I returned the Totodile to Prof Elm and went home. It was already late.

Dinner was good... I used the time to talk with my mother about the Pokedex stuff. She was pretty sad with the idea but decided to let me go on my journey... Now i needed my own pokemon, i should have kept that Totodile...

I took a shower and went to bed, remembering all that happened during the day and that weird dream i had last night. Enough said I had the exact same dream over again, just with a minor difference... there was someone in my room when i woke up!

It was dark, but I am sure it was a girl. From my stand point it was Lyra holding a basked of fruits. It was not. The girl spoke a few words with a sweet melodic voice. She wanted me to take care of something, and something between the lines of potential and time.

I was not sure what happend afterwards as i woke up in the morning like it was just another dream... But there was something else in my room. There was a basket with three eggs on top of my table. I took the eggs and went calmly enough to the kitchen where my mother was. She did not asked any questions... she must have known i did not had any answers. We sat on the table and stared at the three warm eggs for a few hours, speechless. Neither of us wanted to take our eyes of them. I used my PokeGear to call over Prof Elm and after a while we where three staring down three warm and mysterious eggs... I decided to pick one up out of some strange instincts. i put it on my lab and it started to shake. After some amazing struggle from the inside there was a cute blue worm siting on my lap. It was a baby Dratini...

Hours passed and i went down the road to have some fun with the newly named Yui. Cute and clumsy we struggle together for about an hour until the point i was sure Yui was able to fight and defend himself...

-==---------------------------------------------------------------==-

Progress:
    On Party:
    Yui/Dragonite/ lvl 10

On Box:
    2 eggs

Released:
    Totodile
    Traded:
    Pidgies for the eggs

For some reason ( a mistake of mine ) the dratini i breed had the HM Waterfall which got passed down the new one. It was helpfull to the point i was not using Wrap to fight... I released Totodile usig only my Yui lvl 1 and it was really hard to pull it off. Im liking this challenge

-==-----------------------------------------------------------------==-

I went on the journey...

Finally got to Violet Town. I was prety hard to fend off in the wild and with trainers during my way there. Yui was an amazing fighter, but he grew tired to easly. I was in front of the first Gym but decided not to take it head one and train some more. We went to the Bellsprout tower and climb it up, one step at a time. Yui was always tired after a few fights and i was hoping it will be better with some more experiance in our belts.

After much training we decided to take on the Gym and we did it just like the Tower, one step at a time. I could feel Yui getting tired of taking breaks between fights and she exploded in rage against the Gym leader. Falkner, Yui and I were very impressed with Yui's performance after the battle.

Tries ( 1 /1 )
    Badges ( 1 / 8 )

-==-----------------------------------------------------------==-
    My team:
    Yui/Dratini/ lvl 15
    Egg

On Box:
    Egg

Leveling a dragon is hella hard, and just having 15 pp with waterfall and killing grass pokemon in the tower was even harder. It was a fun run! I took one of the eggs with me now. i wonder what will be inside!

-==---------------------------------------------------------------==-

There is a lot more to post, but i have not enough time right now.. i will continue Asap!

Good Luck to the Challengers

perfectmonster

Eggs Are Awesome!
    Years
    deku: WOAH, WOAH, WOAH, SLOW DOWN! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING??? You do know that in the rules it says that you cannot trade unless it is for evolutional purposes? And a DRAGONITE is NOT a HM slave. A HM slave is something like a Sentret, which you can find on the first route. Please use THAT Pokemon. And you have to catch all of your Pokemon in-game. That means no Shroomish, no Torchic and no Ralts. As for the others, you'll have to catch them along the road. If you want to do this challenge, you have to follow the rules and start again.

.EJ: You can hatch over a Seel egg, but do what rahari is doing. Scince Ice types don't show up for a while, you can take over 3 eggs to hatch at different points of time.

Blazenwing: Yes, you can take Magneton over. I says in the rules, no trading unless for evolutional purposes.

angrybanana5000: Kind of the same as deku. Where did you get a Zangoose from? I'm afraid you'll have to get rid of it, maybe catch a Sentret instead?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2018
    I traded from Platinum because I really can't stand sentrets. But it was a freshly hatched level 1 knowing no special moves.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    deku: WOAH, WOAH, WOAH, SLOW DOWN! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING??? You do know that in the rules it says that you cannot trade unless it is for evolutional purposes? And a DRAGONITE is NOT an HM slave. An HM slave is something like a Sentret, which you can find on the first route. Please use THAT Pokemon. And you have to catch all of your Pokemon in-game. That means no Shroomish, no Torchic, and no Ralts. As for the others, you'll have to catch them along the road. If you want to do this challenge, you will have to follow the rules and start over.

.EJ: You can trade over a Seel egg, but do what rahari is doing. Sence Ice types don't show up for a while, you can take over 3 eggs to hatch at different points of time.

Blazenwing: Yes, you can trade a Magneton over. I said in the rules for no trading unless for evolutional purposes.

angrybanana5000: Kind of the same as deku. Where did you get a Zangoose from? I'm afraid you'll have to get rid of it, and maybe catch a Sentret instead.

WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH, SLOW DOWN HORSIE! Did you know that rules are overated on challenges? People need to set their own standards for challenges. Anyways this is just a game and this is just for fun.... I'm still partaking with the Pokemon I am using, and I don't care if you put me as 'completed' when I complete the challenge. Also, I don't know where you got your concept of HM Slave, but it is a bit off. An HM Slave is a pokemon that you use out of battle ONLY. Also, in my opinion Dragonite is a beautiful HM Slave. What other Pokemon do you know that learns all but one HM? Also, take a peeksie at rule 9. I've never seen a Fighting type Pokemon before Violet City. If you see one, tell me where please. And no thanks, I'm not leveling my starter and going through two gyms just to get the first Pokemon of my team. That I'd have to use headbutt to find and wait forever to find the rarest HB Pokemon. No thanks. Anyways, have you read the rules of other monotype challenges? Nearly all of them allow trade so you can actually do a monotype challenge. Not do a Wait-til-you-have-3-gym-badges-to-get-one-Pokemon-for-your-monotype-team. Also, please don't spam up my VM's.

kthxbai.

Last edited:

X75flames

Free starters, PM me
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2014
    So, I chose Totidile, or however its spelt, and latter traded a Hoot-Hoot for me Poochyena egg. Hatch it, put the lil blue dude into the computer and set out. 1st gym leader was easy. Fire fanged his Pidgey, and his Pidgeyotto. Then he uses roost -_- I could hhave killed him 5 times, but roost roost roost! I killed him though :D

Got through that one cave... and out the other side. Healed, then fought Mr. Mountain climber man. That wasnt fun. Used bite against him Geodudes, something happened, where useing bite wasnt effective anymore, so I used Fire fang. I was like all, "This should be doing more damege..." I was only half playing, so finally I notice its raining -_-

Walked to the second gym, with only my Poochyena. Fire fang rules!!! Got to Buggzy, and fought him/her. Schither come out first -_- Fire fang!!! Dose like no damege, so I turn off the game, havent played yet to finish him/her.

Team:
    Poochyena
    Tackle
    Fire Fang
    Sand attack
    Bite

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Perfectmonster, can I still trade the eevee to Sinnoh to get glaceon the ice type?

If so, sign me up for the Ice Challenge.

P.S. Feel free to ignore the dot on my username =]

EDIT: nevermind, I forgot I can trade for evolution.

Last edited:
    Years
    Blazenwing: Yes, you can take Magneton over. I says in the rules, no trading unless for evolutional purposes.

Huzzah :D I'd be more than happy to do it in-game, but Mt Coronet is the only place it will evolve... which kind of sucks >_< Now if only evolutionary stones were as easy to come by, poor Pikachu and (eventually) Eevee! XD

WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH, SLOW DOWN HORSIE! Did you know that rules are overated on challenges? People need to set their own standards for challenges. Anyways this is just a game and this is just for fun.... I'm still partaking with the Pokemon I am using, and I don't care if you put me as 'completed' when I complete the challenge. Also, I don't know where you got your concept of HM Slave, but it is a bit off. An HM Slave is a pokemon that you use out of battle ONLY. Also, in my opinion Dragonite is a beautiful HM Slave. What other Pokemon do you know that learns all but one HM? Also, take a peeksie at rule 9. I've never seen a Fighting type Pokemon before Violet City. If you see one, tell me where please. And no thanks, I'm not leveling my starter and going through two gyms just to get the first Pokemon of my team. That I'd have to use headbutt to find and wait forever to find the rarest HB Pokemon. No thanks. Anyways, have you read the rules of other monotype challenges? Nearly all of them allow trade so you can actually do a monotype challenge. Not do a Wait-til-you-have-3-gym-badges-to-get-one-Pokemon-for-your-monotype-team. Also, please don't spam up my VM's.

kthxbai.

Why do you need to pick the most uber pokemon of the bunch to be on your fighting team? Where's Machop/Machoke/Machamp? Or Tyrogue/Hitmonchan/lee/top? Mankey/Primeape?

It looks to me like you tried to get the most varied, OP pokemon you could that are 'technical' fighting types but really, they're much more known for their other abilities.

The other thing, too, is that at most, I've seen people send over 3 eggs - and they hatch them over time, not all at the beginning. I think the OP said 1 egg per gym badge or something like that, but I could be wrong.

Sounds hard, right? It should, it's called a CHALLENGE for a reason.

As for your choice of HM slave, I agree, Dragonite is a great choice. But HM slaves need to be caught in-game as per the rules, not traded in. That's what the OP is pointing out. Dragonite is a great HM slave. When you defeat Clair with your team and obtain your last badge, you get a Dratini from the cave master. Level that one up and make him your HM slave. Until then, I'd make due with another Pokemon.

I guess the bottom line is your post is basically saying "f*** you challenge creator, I'm gonna do this the way I want" and if that's your attitude, then why even take the challenge? It's his challenge to make however he wants with whatever rules he chooses, and if you don't want to follow them, you don't need to participate.

/rant

Last edited:

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022

.EJ: You can hatch over a Seel egg, but do what rahari is doing. Scince Ice types don't show up for a while, you can take over 3 eggs to hatch at different points of time.

Blazenwing: Yes, you can take Magneton over. I says in the rules, no trading unless for evolutional purposes

I guess that includes my eevee. Sign me up then.

Trainer name: Jef/ HeartGold

I'll trade the seel egg and just take it from there.

Last edited:
    Years
    Starr's Electric Shock Saga

Chapter Two: Ilex Forest and the Hive Badge

First Entry

I woke up later than expected - unfortunately for my poor Pokemon, I'm a night owl and tend to sleep pretty late, haha! Anyways, we headed out from the Azalea Pokemon Center and sure enough, Team Rocket was still here and in full force. I spent a few minute trying to figure out what to do next when suddenly, some old man came tearing out of his house and charged the Team Rocket member guarding the well, sending them both tumbling down!

I followed them down, where the old man introduced himself as Kurt, the town's resident Apricorn expert. Unfortunately, he injured himself in the fall and tasked me with taking on Team Rocket myself. Ten minutes and several grunts later, I found myself face to face with the leader of the group, a Rocket Executive named Proton, who was cutting off the Slowpoke's tails for profit! Thanks to Flaaffy's quick thinking and power, we made quick work of him and the Rockets left town. Kurt thanked me personally and offered to make Balls for me from any of the Apricorns I collect as I travel. Next stop, Azalea Gym!

Second Entry

After a quick rest at the Pokemon Center, Flaaffy, Pikachu and I headed inside the local Gym. The man standing guard warned me that Bugsy, the town's leader, was a Bug-type trainer and not to take him lightly. We headed inside and I nearly peed myself as we traveled on these giant spider things (EWW! Spiders!) across what looked to be a bottomless pit! After tossing a few levers and beating a few trainers, we finally reached Bugsy himself.

To be truthful, he was shorter than I expected - I think he could have been my kid brother! Yeesh! I will say this though, he put up a heck of a fight! He opened with Scyther and nearly defeated my Flaaffy, but we managed to take him down and from there, after healing Flaaffy with a potion, it was elementary as we defeated Bugsy's Kakuna and Metapod and claimed our second gym badge, the Hive Badge!

*** HIVE BADGE OBTAINED (2/8) ***

Third Entry

As we left the Azalea Gym with our newest badge, Alex appeared and challenged us to yet another battle. Surprisingly, he put up a much better fight this time - his Gastly cursed my Flaaffy and made me switch to Pikachu to take on his Quilava alone. Even though he was three levels below Alex's Quilava, Pikachu still nearly defeated him, paralyzing him and weakening him greatly before finally succumbing to Quilava's ember attack. Flaaffy came back out curse-free and took down Quilava and his last Pokemon, Zubat in quick order to send him packing yet again.

After healing up at the Pokemon Center (poor Pikachu! I gave him a berry, hopefully he's not still mad at me!) we started to head for the entrance to Ilex Forest, when the egg that Prof. Elm gave me suddenly started to hatch! Out came a Togepi, which as cute as it is, still isn't an Electric-type Pokemon, so I decided to place him into the PC Box and send him back to Elm's lab.

*** TOGEPI (NON-ELECTRIC) HATCHED – AZALEA TOWN ***

We headed into the forest, where we had to help a local Charcoal crafter catch his two missing Farfetch'd. They weren't tough to retrieve (I guess this guy just wasn't very stealthy) and upon returning them, I recieved a Cut HM as my reward.

Unfortunately, neither Flaaffy nor Pikachu could learn cut, and as I needed to cut a tree blocking my path to continue on, I caught an Oddish nestled in the nearby brush and taught the move to her.

*** ODDISH (HM SLAVE) CAUGHT – ILEX FOREST ***

With Oddish in tow, the four of us headed through the Ilex Forest quickly, stopping only to watch a strange man headbutting trees. Luckily for me, he was more than willing to teach Flaaffy and Pikachu how to headbutt as well! I had Flaaffy test out the move and we found a cute little Pineco that I just had to catch! I'll make sure to send him to Elm as soon as we reach the next city.

*** PINECO (NON-ELECTRIC) CAUGHT – ILEX FOREST ***

Fourth Entry

After running into a Kimono Girl (who apparently isn't the one I met in Violet City) and helping her out of Ilex Forest, our little group found the exit as well. After fighting a few trainers, Ethan showed up and introduced me to his Grandpa and Grandma, who apparently run a little Pokemon Day Care right outside of Goldenrod City.

After talking with them for a bit, I left both a Male and a Female Pikachu caught from the Yellow Forest expedition I took in Violet City and left, finally arriving in Goldenrod City. It's huge! I don't know what awaits me here... except I know that when I leave, I'll be another badge closer to taking on the Pokemon League and becoming the greatest Electric trainer of all time!

Flaaffy - Lvl. 24
    Pikachu - Lvl. 15
    Oddish (Temp. HM Slave [Cut]) - Lvl. 5

.: End of Chapter Two :.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    Doesn't matter if it's OP; it's not a legendary, so Heracross, Breloom, etc. are valid Pokemon to use for a Fighting Challenge.

Cheers, deku.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Why do you need to pick the most uber pokemon of the bunch to be on your fighting team? Where's Machop/Machoke/Machamp? Or Tyrogue/Hitmonchan/lee/top? Mankey/Primeape?

Ok, these Pokemon are uber (https://www.smogon.com/dp/tiers/uber), none of which are on my team. What's wrong with using Pokemon I like? I personally don't like Machamp or Primeape, and don't want to wait until Mt. Mortar to get a Tyrogue.

It looks to me like you tried to get the most varied, OP pokemon you could that are 'technical' fighting types but really, they're much more known for their other abilities.

It looks to me that I succeeded in getting the most varied fighting types. They are truly fighting type, and just because they are known also for their other types doen't mean that they aren't fighting.

Sounds hard, right? It should, it's called a CHALLENGE for a reason.

First off, I've taken part in many challenges my time here, and it is a CHALLENGE because of your type weaknesses, not because of however you thought it was (which I fail to see). Also, have you ever tried to train a whole team of level one Pokemon who's moves consist of Growl (Ralts), Absorb (Shroomish), Scratch, Growl (Torchic), Endure, Leer, Tackle(Heracross), Water Sport, and Mist (Poliwag), against level 3-5 Pokemon. Now thats a challenge.

As for your choice of HM slave, I agree, Dragonite is a great choice. But HM slaves need to be caught in-game as per the rules, not traded in. That's what the OP is pointing out. Dragonite is a great HM slave. When you defeat Clair with your team and obtain your last badge, you get a Dratini from the cave master. Level that one up and make him your HM slave. Until then, I'd make due with another Pokemon.

Why do they need to be caught in-game? Its not like I'm using it. I never use an HM slave in battle. Thats kinda the point of an HM Slave. Also, generally you don't level up an HM slave. And if you can, please tell me a Pokemon that can learn all but one HM that can be found early in game without leveling up.

I guess the bottom line is your post is basically saying "f*** you challenge creator, I'm gonna do this the way I want" and if that's your attitude, then why even take the challenge? It's his challenge to make however he wants with whatever rules he chooses, and if you don't want to follow them, you don't need to participate.

Actually, I'm following the general rules of all Monotype Challenges, that allow you to trade in a team. Actually, 'his challenge' is based off of many many many previous challenges, and obviously he didn't care to look at the rules of those other challenges. Also, most challenges allow you to trade in a team, especially if you can't find a Pokemon of your type early (in this case before Violet City. Please, tell me, where is a fighting type before Violet City. And no, I don't want to go through the first through gyms with just my starter before getting my first team member.)

I don't know if you know what a challenge is. Really, challenges need to have rules that you set for yourself to challenge yourself. Unless it is a race, which clearly it isn't.

Chunes

Ace Trainer
    Years
    • IL
    • Seen May 17, 2010
    This looks interesting!

Username: Chunes
    Type: Bug
    Version: HG

I found a Caterpie which I evolved into Metapod and released my level 10 Chikorita at the Violet City Pokémon Center. Now I'm trying to make things happen with a level 7 Metapod who only knows tackle, string shot, and harden. Not easy. :)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back