• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold & SoulSilver Question and Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    Does anybody know where the earliest place to catch a Jigglypuff is? ^^;
    Well I asked someone awhile back who had completed the Hg story to find Jigglypuff for me, and she said it wasn't obtainable at all according to the Pokedex. Bulbapedia also says none, but it might just not be updated yet.

lol i got no idea

and can somebody tell me the easiest way to train the freebie dratini from dragon's den? (i fluked the extremespeed part :P)
    Well, training it just like any other Pokemon would probably be fine since it's fairly powerful anyways. Give it good moves, if it's too low-levelled use bait-and-switch or EXP Share, use a Lucky Egg if you have one, level grind... etc.

Years
    Well, training it just like any other Pokemon would probably be fine since it's fairly powerful anyways. Give it good moves, if it's too low-levelled use bait-and-switch or EXP Share, use a Lucky Egg if you have one, level grind... etc.
    Okay, I don't know what level grinding is?
    And where can I get the EXP Share? (I'm playing SoulSilver)
    And would there be a good way of getting a lucky egg?
    Cheers

usami

biohazard
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Iowa
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    Does anybody know where the earliest place to catch a Jigglypuff is? ^^;
    Jigglypuff is only on Routes 3, 4 and in Mt. Moon. :[

Sir Willis said:
    And where can I get the EXP Share? (I'm playing SoulSilver)
    Mr. Pokémon gives it to you in exchange for the Red Scale from the Red Gyarados.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    Oops, sorry about the Jigglypuff, I guess my friend lied :P

Anyways, Lucky Eggs are attached very rarely to wild Chansey (or you can ask someone to trade you one if you have a cart, they're pretty common trading items), Aoriaku already told you how to get EXP Share, and level grinding just means fighting over and over again to raise levels.

Years

Mr. Pokémon gives it to you in exchange for the Red Scale from the Red Gyarados.

Anyways, Lucky Eggs are attached very rarely to wild Chansey (or you can ask someone to trade you one if you have a cart, they're pretty common trading items), Aoriaku already told you how to get EXP Share, and level grinding just means fighting over and over again to raise levels.

Okay, thankyou. That's going to take a while then ><
    Oh and Mr Pokemon is the dude in Cerulean city in Kanto right?

Years
    k so I need the locations of a couple of TMs. ._. These ones, specifically:

TM11 - Sunny Day
    TM13 - Ice Beam
    TM71 - Stone Edge
    TM72 - Avalanche

Thanks in advance. :3

ShadowDragon~

Dragon King Extra Ordinaire
    Years
    Alright, so houndour isn't an option for my team :D I need it before I challenge the league... Are there any other pre-league fire pokemon not counting growlithe?

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Alright, so houndour isn't an option for my team :D I need it before I challenge the league... Are there any other pre-league fire pokemon not counting growlithe?

You can get these:
    -Ponyta (Route 26)
    -Magmar (Burned Tower)
    -Flareon (Evolve Eevee)
    -Entei (Chase it around after awakening it)

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    k so I need the locations of a couple of TMs. ._. These ones, specifically:

TM11 - Sunny Day
    TM13 - Ice Beam
    TM71 - Stone Edge
    TM72 - Avalanche

Thanks in advance. :3
    TM11 - From the girl with Butterfree in one lookout station (Between Azalea and New Bark... not sure where...)
    TM13, TM71 - Unfortunately I didn't find those also...
    TM72 - Ice Path I think

By the way how can I go outta S.S. Aqua when I save the girl?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    By the way how can I go outta S.S. Aqua when I save the girl?
    You can't leave without the guy by the exit stopping you? Maybe talk tot he father again, or try sleeping in your room...

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Um, ok well ive just beaten the gym leader but when i try to go to blackthorn theres a guy in the way! Help anyone?
    Also if its because i need to beat ho-oh, where do i get the rainbow wing?
    edit: How do i get the gold feather?

Last edited:

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    Um, ok well ive just beaten the gym leader but when i try to go to blackthorn theres a guy in the way! Help anyone?
    Also if its because i need to beat ho-oh, where do i get the rainbow wing?
    edit: How do i get the gold feather?

If it's Ho-oh you're missing, and if you don't have the Rainbow Wing, you are missing a BIG something.
    Go to Goldenrod Radio Tower. There's a big arc you just missed and is waiting for your arrival. XD

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2009
    I'm stuck again '-.-
    Ok so after beating the elite 4 prof. Elm gave me an ss anne ticked and now I'm on the(a) boat! [lonely island quote ftw]
    But when I go downstairs there is a guy blocking me from getting past nor can I get off the boat so I'm stuck :(

_Prince_

Pikachu?
    Years
    I'm stuck again '-.-
    Ok so after beating the elite 4 prof. Elm gave me an ss anne ticked and now I'm on the(a) boat! [lonely island quote ftw]
    But when I go downstairs there is a guy blocking me from getting past nor can I get off the boat so I'm stuck :(

Try chasing the little girl back to her father, you'll need to go down the staircase and she'll be with the captain, she'll run off again, you need to find her again and then the game will take you's back in her fathers room. Should be it I guess.

Years
    TM11 - From the girl with Butterfree in one lookout station (Between Azalea and New Bark... not sure where...)

That's TM12 (Taunt), and it's between Goldenrod and Ilex Forest. I'll keep an eye out for the Avalanche TM when I go through Ice Cave tonight, though, thanks.

Anyone else know where TMs 11, 13 and 71 are? D;

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
    Years
    Alright I got a question. Say that they have an update for My pokemon ranch that lets you use Heartgold/Soulsilver to transfer pokemon. Would you be able to put pokemon in the ranch, Then transfer them to D/P/P? Sort of like how you could transfer pokemon from R/S/E to FR/LG Using pokemon box?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back