• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver site opens! Image overhaul.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    that art on the main page is FANTASTIC. aaah~ i'm so looking foward to hg/ss.

Boonzeet

Pokémon Secrets of the Ages Developer
    Years
    Nice. Can't wait for this release. I'm loving the updated Ruins of Alph, I hope the puzzles are just as fun.

@World

Sparking Wild Bolt
    Years
    I was hoping they would change the battle background or the things the pokemon stand on. Jasmine's gym looks cute but not steely, >-<,
    The party screen looks cool, love it. The new Marts and Pokemon Centers look awesome. Also in all buildings except Marts, Gyms and Pokemon Centers Gold has no Pokemon following him, strange, he had one in the Team Rocket Hideout, so maybe it's just a coincidence.
    Too bad that Johto doesn't seem to have it's own frontier. Can't wait.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I'm really loving the new updates, especially the Battle Frontier going into HG/SS. I hope they rename it into something else, I'm tired of "Frontier" now.

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
    I wish they would bring back the Emerald Battle Frontier. You could battle, go through mazes, train, explore...it was awesome. Now take that and add wifi, and you'll turn dirt into Gold.

Making this game like Emerald and you'll turn Gold into dirt.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    If the Pal Park really is included with the game, then that will be great for those who don't have the DSi as yet, but hopefully most DSi users will still have their old DS/DS Lite if they choose to migrate any of the chosen Pokémon from FRLG/RSE. With this being said, like in DPPt, I would expect that the feature where you put in a GBA game into the slot and play HeartGold or SoulSilver and find certain Pokémon from other regions will be back. As well as the idea of chaining for them if the Vs. Seeker is included into the game as well.

It's nice to hear the Pal Park is back though, it will definitely come in useful for me this time around. At least I know I won't have to continuously trade with my Diamond or Platinum game if I choose to migrate a Pokémon over from my RSE/FRLG.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    This is a nice addition! Since I have a DS I will definitely be able to use it :D

Maybe it will be in Fuschia City?

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
    Apparently GameStop started taking pre-orders for HG/SS yesterday (8/20/2009). I discovered this when I mentioned that I was looking forward to HG/SS in spring, so I was asked if I wanted to pre-order. Yay! Now I really can't wait. :D

So, if you live in the US, you're safe pre-ordering, now.

Magmarashi

Trainer in Training
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    Apparently GameStop started taking pre-orders for HG/SS yesterday (8/20/2009). I discovered this when I mentioned that I was looking forward to HG/SS in spring, so I was asked if I wanted to pre-order. Yay! Now I really can't wait. :D

OMG cool! I went to the GameStop website and it said they will come out April 1st.

Guy

just a guy
    Years

Nice to know we can pre-order it, because I've been aiming to do that when possible, thanks for the update on that. Hopefully, things will go well and I'll have it done before the end of the year when I earn some money for myself.

OMG cool! I went to the GameStop website and it said they will come out April 1st.

That's right I checked it right after I read your post. GameStop's site says all Pre-Orders for the game ships on the 1st of April 2010. Now, it isn't confirmed as yet so that means this date can be altered over time, but we'll see. It does give a good date on its release though, and if it is to be the 1st, then that isn't so bad of a long wait.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    ...again, this date is old, and a generic one that is given often for games, and turns out to be fake quite often. *points to release dates for Diamond/Pearl that were given by many stores, each one wrong* It's not confirmed by any official source and the fake it hasn't yet after a week kinda indicates this is probably false.

Many stores take pre-orders for stuff early too, even if they don't actually have a date. That's just how it works...

Back to discussing images on the websites, please. =)

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Time capsule sorry not time machine. :p I have a hunch inside of me that is also why the Ecruteak PC is a darker variant then the others.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    ...again, this date is old, and a generic one that is given often for games, and turns out to be fake quite often. *points to release dates for Diamond/Pearl that were given by many stores, each one wrong* It's not confirmed by any official source and the fake it hasn't yet after a week kinda indicates this is probably false.

Many stores take pre-orders for stuff early too, even if they don't actually have a date. That's just how it works...

Back to discussing images on the websites, please. =)

...again this is why I had mentioned before:

Speaking about the HeartGold and SoulSilver release, if you check GameStop's site and look up the games there you will notice that they say "Pre-order Ships April 1, 2010." So, the release date for the US version may be out on the 1st of April, but it hasn't been officially confirmed as yet. Meaning, the date can be altered over time, but if not, then we may have the release date for HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Anyway, speaking of the pictures and released news, I wouldn't mind seeing the Pal Park be placed in Fuschia City like one had mentioned earlier. Now that we know the Safari Zone will be in Johto, then Fuschia's old Safari can be replaced by the Pal Park, making it the perfect location after all. However, if we have the Pal Park, I wouldn't expect a Time Machine or Time Capsule [sounds cooler IMO]. My only thought for the Pal Park making a return however is that it doesn't look exactly similar to DPPt's, but instead is a given a new design or structure.

Olliee

Spreading the Pokerus. PM me
    Years
    Wow wow wow :o

I heard rumours that the UK are getting it the same time as the USA.
    It will dishearten me if I have to wait another year ;-;

Back