• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver site opens! Image overhaul.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Yeah I have a feeling they will change it once the game comes out. I sure would hate though if it was the same. I doubt they would do that however. Interesting how they used the same Palm trees too.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Maybe they're using an image of the Sinnoh frontier as an example?
    I believe that's by far the most likely option. I doubt it's going to be a carbon copy of it (and from screen shots it already looks different - even an extra house!) - it's just them using the Platinum BF picture as a placeholder, because they're, well, lazy.

Fits in with the fact that there's really not that much there that's new in terms of pictures from what we've seen in Coro Coro - just higher-quality version of them for the most part, really. Doesn't quite seem right that it'd have a lot more info for one aspect compared to everything else (as the official art would give a lot away), and they probably just want to keep it a mystery or what-not until later (or the game's release itself).

How nice of them! -_- Ah well.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Wait why isn't oak older? Please don't tell me same treatment will happen for the kanto leaders...
    Also the frontier art was badly edited to have a beach:
    Spoiler:

Cads.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Hahahahaahha wow GameFreak/Nintendo you've stumped us again

Evil Sonic

Fufufu, All according to plan.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2023
    IAMGETTINGTIREDOFPIKACHU

Those are some very nice screenshots, makes me want this game even more seening them.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    well, i love what they did with everything, but..... well... in the Ecruteak Pic.... does anyone else find it strange that the lake of rage is Slanted? i mean is that physically possible? great pics though

Geo_mani

Can't wait until spring!
    Years
    The graphics are so perfect!They look like fake but they are real!Platinum's graphics are nothing in front of these!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Some new pictures yet again from the website... such as clearer shots of the gyms revealed before, pokethlon building, and a few new ones, such as Union cave and Jasmine's gym.
    HeartGold/SoulSilver site opens! Image overhaul.

Years
    Some new pictures yet again from the website... such as clearer shots of the gyms revealed before, pokethlon building, and a few new ones, such as Union cave and Jasmine's gym.

oh where abouts on the site are the new images?
    can't see anything new on there :S
    jasmine's gym looks well nice
    looks more suited to her, before it was so dingy.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Whoops, meant to add in it's not on the japanese site, but the official Nintendo website in the HG/SS section. Since it's from a website, I don't see much point for a new thread... Website link here for those interested: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/ipkj/index.html

But wait!

I believe though it has confirmed the expected GTS being in Johto/Kanto, perhaps...? Thanks to google translate of the pages on the website, the Platinum wifi minigames are back too (screenshot of it there kinda helps as well).

The confusing translations may also hint towards the Battle Frontier being different to Platinum's...? Hard to quite understand it though - someone who actually can translate it better than google is needed. XD

EDIT: Global Terminal (the 'GTS' as it was in Platinum) confirmed to be in Goldenrod City by yaminokame - i.e. someone more versed in Japanese than Google Translate. XD

And the other pictures, including one more of the Battle Frontier (a similar Battle Hall?), Global Terminal and wifi minigames place, and so forth. (Some are old pictures or close to it). Looks like that either the HG/SS's Battle Frontier has the same challenges as Platinums, or at least the Battle Hall came back (no idea on anything else as nothing else as yet been shown or mentioned there).

Last edited:

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    The Pokéthelon building is very intriguing and I'm excited enough to try it out once the games are released in the US next spring. But like said, a lot of Platinum's influence is flowing into the game from the GTS, which I don't mind as well as the WiFi Paza. However, the Battle Frontier possibly being the same thing is a bit depressing for the game. Johto is its own region and runs at the same timeline with Sinnoh, so to kind of see a similar or exact Frontier being placed in another region besides Sinnoh is breaking the laws of physics [not that it runs Pokémon], but a bit of difference would have been nice, but we'll see.

The pictures overall though, pretty nice. I like the way the game is coming along and with future images of Kanto to come, maybe we'll still be in wait of surprise. No Contest Hall revieled as yet, but hopefully it'll come with the return of Kanto being included [again we'll see what happens].

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    this is cool. we all have a lot of expectations from this game!

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I think I'll only be really disappointed if the Brains turn out to be the same. :P

That's a good point. Even if the facilities were to remain the same, if the Brains were altered, then I think a bit of difference would be added. I'm sure there would be different opponents in place as well for the challenge, for the least I'm sure this may be implemented even if the facilities were the same.

I found Jasmine's Gym! (It was on the site that bobandbill posted.)

Spoiler:

It's on this page.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/ipkj/basis/index.html

If the Battle Frontier is the same in HGSS, I'll be upset. If anything, at least give them new Frontier Brains. :(

This was pointed out and put up earlier today, but still the Gym looks really nice and Jasmine's DPPt sprite was taken and brought back in the remakes. A very nice upgrade and I'll be looking forward to the future battles against the leaders too. Here's hoping for a nice alteration in the team rosters for the Gym Leaders of Johto, and possibly Kanto's too.

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    I, I, I, I, j-j-just don't have words for this...
    This is just awesome...
    *cries*

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I think I'll only be really disappointed if the Brains turn out to be the same. :P

I'd be fine if there's a Battle Castle with the same Brain. The others can die, though, especially Thorton and his Factory.

All those pretty pictures are making me itchy. I can't wait til next month. The game comes out the same day I have the ACT, so that's kind of awkward. But obviously shipping will take a few days.

Brien

Epic Panda.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2017
    Honestly, I haven't been this excited since crystal version.

Years
    I just saw Whitney's Gym at the website bobandbill posted. I must say,that it really suits her and it looks amazing.
    I'm going to love the new gym puzzles alot. It's gonna be exciting,I can't wait for it. :D!

Back