• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Hey, I have a question. Anyone knows how and if a Pokemon who levels using the Pokewalker will earn EVs?

Earning EV points on its own without training, more than likely not. However, I'm sure that if you have fully EV'd your Pokémon of choice and transfer it to the PokéWalker, then it should gain the correct EV's while being leveled up. I'm not 100% sure, but with the gathered information collected, I'm pretty sure this would be right.

The pedometer like I once stated before, whether some people may find it unecessary or not, will still be a useful addition to the games. Because of the opportunity to collect items, Pokémon, and grow levels in an easier way, people who are lazy to train within the game can simply use the 'Walker and gain exercise all at the same time while leveling up. Not to forget, the famous Jirachi event is in need of the PokéWalker, so it'll be of some importance to the players.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Well, while I was reading up some more information on this, I did notice that in the original Gold and Silver they said that the Safari Warden had moved, meaning the Fuschia City Safari had to be closed and moved. With this being said, it would mean the Warden had ended up moving to Johto placing his new Safari in the area west of Cianwood City.

I like the concept of the new Safari though, and it allows us to enter it earlier in the game rather than having to wait until we arrive to Kanto. Not to mention, the idea of the customiation and easy access to each area makes it a lot easier on the step count. So, a bit of change to this might have been needed, but we'll see how it plays out in the end.

Other than this, I like all the extra features I've read about so far, such as the new Pokéthlon and even the return of apricorns and the special Johto balls. Also, seeing as the Red Gyarados is back I think it pretty much supports the idea of Johto's original plot. It is also great to have it back too, rather than being altered into something other than what is was before.
    Yeah I know that.('coz I'm playin' Crystal everynite.)
    But they could change the storyline,
    instead make the Warden not move the Safari Zone.

I don't understand the customation... But I like the Safari Zone, it looks nice to be.

Earning EV points on its own without training, more than likely not. However, I'm sure that if you have fully EV'd your Pokémon of choice and transfer it to the PokéWalker, then it should gain the correct EV's while being leveled up. I'm not 100% sure, but with the gathered information collected, I'm pretty sure this would be right.

The pedometer like I once stated before, whether some people may find it unecessary or not, will still be a useful addition to the games. Because of the opportunity to collect items, Pokémon, and grow levels in an easier way, people who are lazy to train within the game can simply use the 'Walker and gain exercise all at the same time while leveling up. Not to forget, the famous Jirachi event is in need of the PokéWalker, so it'll be of some importance to the players.
    Hahaha, the easier way to say this: Just like the Daycare in games. xD

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    These pokemon should be in the safari zone, they should be in there since they put this pic up to show what kind of pokemon lie there:

HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Yeah I know that.('coz I'm playin' Crystal everynite.)
    But they could change the storyline,
    instead make the Warden not move the Safari Zone.

I don't understand the customation... But I like the Safari Zone, it looks nice to be.

Hahaha, the easier way to say this: Just like the Daycare in games. xD

Customization is basically so we can save our number of steps to easily get to the different areas. It is a pretty neat way to do it and after reading there are a lot of different customizations you can do to it s well. As for the changing of the story to keep the original Safari in Fuschia City, I think they could have easily slipped that in. However, the change to it [to me] isn't so bad for the replacement. I guess, in a way, it keeps the story of the game flowing to tie up the loose ends.

These pokemon should be in the safari zone, they should be in there since they put this pic up to show what kind of pokemon lie there:

Spoiler:

I wouldn't doubt that Sandshrew, Rhyhorn, Tauros and possible many more Pokémon before and after the Post National Dex will be found in the Safari Zone. Not to mention, with the different areas it matches up with them pretty well. Also, they were found in Safari Zones before, so the chance is pretty moderate for them to appear here [all it requires is for the player to catch 'em all].

Oяiginal

Experienced Trainer
    Years
    I think they're going to change the learning of moves(not sure what they call it) for example Ho-oh/Lugia will learn Sacred Fire/Aeroblast earlier

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
    Opinions on this page?

https://www.pokemon.co.jp/special/hgss/introduction/other02.html

Not sure if anyone has actually mentioned the new BF yet, like officially confirmed it, so I'm here to say it is confirmed. The reason I'm putting this in the speculation thread is because of the picture of the BF.

It's exactly like the one from Platinum, and honestly, I hope it doesn't actually end up exactly the same. Platinum's was a slight disappointment to me after playing Emerald's BF (which is a whole lot better on a few levels) and I really hope they either combine the Platinum/Emerald ones into one new BF, or they just make a brand new BF completely.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Opinions on this page?

https://www.pokemon.co.jp/special/hgss/introduction/other02.html

Not sure if anyone has actually mentioned the new BF yet, like officially confirmed it, so I'm here to say it is confirmed. The reason I'm putting this in the speculation thread is because of the picture of the BF.

It's exactly like the one from Platinum, and honestly, I hope it doesn't actually end up exactly the same. Platinum's was a slight disappointment to me after playing Emerald's BF (which is a whole lot better on a few levels) and I really hope they either combine the Platinum/Emerald ones into one new BF, or they just make a brand new BF completely.

I noticed this earlier, but now that you bring it to my attention, there are possible reasons for why it may appear so similar. Compatability reasons, Johto's Battle Frontier may match up to Platinum's so players will have the chance to connect both games together and challenge/team up with one another. However, it is still early news and the image of Platinum's Battle Frontier can be used as temporary to allow fans to know about its return. Although, I like the idea of it making a return, a little difference as you have stated would be a nice touch other than it having a possibilty of the same facilities.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    There is a chance, and there is a high chance against it. It won't matter much for the nostalgia, it will only matter for a new place to catch Pokemons you could catch in another if it wasn't in. So just wait for the game, play and figure out. That's not the kind of stuff you should be impatient for.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    It would be a nice addition, but I would rather have the Orange Islands ^^

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    Again, Orange Islands will probably never be in an official Pokemon game, since first, it was an Anime exclusive, second, 4 gyms and "E1" would ruin the concept of the league (even if it's just a secondary league), third, it'd be too complicated, even making a pink version for most of the Pokemons would be too hard. And fourth, blah, Sevii Islands are the best excuse you'll get from the games for Orange. And that, my friends, is not such a bad excuse at all.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    Again, Orange Islands will probably never be in an official Pokemon game, since first, it was an Anime exclusive, second, 4 gyms and "E1" would ruin the concept of the league (even if it's just a secondary league), third, it'd be too complicated, even making a pink version for most of the Pokemons would be too hard. And fourth, blah, Sevii Islands are the best excuse you'll get from the games for Orange. And that, my friends, is not such a bad excuse at all.

........Way to lower our spirits >>

xXI JOE IXx

Meh I was never big on the sevi islands, were getting a new area though, a battle frontier is confirmed

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Hmm...I doubt that they'll insert the Sevii Islands because the Sevii Islands were not in the original Gold and Silver and Crystal games. And since this is a remake...they'll probably not have the Sevii Islands in them.

But there wasn't a Safari zone or a Battle Frontier in Gold or Silver either; these are almost like new games instead of remakes.

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    I dont think the Sevii islands will be in. They were meant to be add-ons to make fr/lg less boring and add something new, hg/ss already has far enough new from the original.

Oяiginal

Experienced Trainer
    Years
    Well....they did say that it's a sequel to FR/LG, not R/B/Y, I honestly don't care for the Islands, as long as we receive a nice post E4 extension

Back