• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    2. There should be a Battle Frontier. (Most Pokemon remakes have a Battle Frontier, unlike their prequels. For example, R/S and Emerald and D/P and Platinum.)
    :

This isnt the same kinda situation as those.

Personally im not expecting to see a Battle Frontier but I wouldnt mind. It gives me a little extra to do when Im bored.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Merging thread on what version exclusives could be about with the speculation thread. Ultimately though we'll probably only know when the game comes out.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    Do you think with these games they'll bring back version exclusive sprites? I sure hope so, it adds more difference between versions.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Do you think with these games they'll bring back version exclusive sprites? I sure hope so, it adds more difference between versions.
    No, or most likely not, 'cause if that feature is gonna comeback,
    they should have shown the screenshots like comparing the sprites, right?

1. There should either be new apps for the PokeGear or they should have the Poketch again with new apps.
    2. There should be a Battle Frontier. (Most Pokemon remakes have a Battle Frontier, unlike their prequels. For example, R/S and Emerald and D/P and Platinum.)
    3. (The game's probably gonna be like this but anyway...) After you beat the Elite Four, there should be a whole new area full of National Dex Pokemon that you get to go to and catch stuff like D/P/Pl pokemon as well as the Kanto and Hoenn Pokemon.
    4. *NEW 1* Similar to Emerald, when you catch all of the Pokemon in Johto, you should be offered a D/P/Pl starter from Prof. Elm. (Or Oak)
    I COULD think of more but I'm too tired. 3:
    Well please don't think anymore...
    Umm... Err... I'm kinda Ooed on your speculation...
    I say you're special...
    Anyway they will NOT have Poketch in HG/SS because there's PokeGear already, you know that right?
    I don't know, but most speculate that the Battle Tower in Route 41 will make a return, we'll see on September. [=
    Well it's kinda umm... better if you change the D/P/Pl starters to Kanto or Hoenn starters, since HG/SS had NO GBA connections, considering that DSi had no GBA dual slot(though not DSi exclusive game), plus you can trade those Sinnoh starters from those Sinnoh based games.
    As long as they give me a Lugia that has Aeroblast in Soul Silver I'll be happy!

Oh and a Suicune... yeah I'm easily pleased
    Well you could level up the Lugia
    if it hadn't learn its signature move yet...

Well since it is widely speculate that the storyline will follow the Crystal version, I'd say we'll encounter Suicune like the way it was in Crystal.
    I cant translate it but i know what hes doing, the mart guy is giving gold the event for the pokewalker thingee
    You're right, it's the event for PokeWalker, which activate the Yellow Forest in PokeWalker, inhabited only by Pikachu with some of them having special move, however it is unknown what move this is.
    Will the version exclusives in hg and ss be the same as gold and silver
    Post your comments

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the version exclusives will remain as they were in the original gold/silver. At least as far as Kanto and Johto Pokemon are concerned.

Yea, i'm thinknig that they will be the same, they were in FR/LG weren't they?
    I think the version exclusivse will be a little different, since in Fr/Lg some exclusive Pokemon were not exactly the same as their original ones.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    On youtube someone posted a video showing a clearer image of a Hoenn map on the Pokegear. I think it's fake. Any other opinions regarding this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_26RkzFKnJw

I don't know what to say :/ You never really know if it is true or not because remember the Kanto map? That was fan-made but it looked 100% real! Someone could have just made this and photoshopped it into the pokegear image..... I really just don't know.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    The photo is of way to good quality to be real if you know what I mean. Its a funny thing to say but most of you know what I mean. At least one of them is fake because they dont even look the same. And its also funny that we see the Hoenn map before the Kanto map. O.o

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
    Another thing:

HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

LOL CHOPPY?!
    It seems a bit put together, you think?
    As much I like the idea of Hoenn being HG and SS, I believe this could be fake.

Years
    Off-beat question.
    I has running along my hatching route waiting for Phione to pop out and had a thought.
    I don't remember what happened in Yellow, but when you ride your bike, what happens to your following pokemon? Do they just run really fast?

Weatherman Kiyoshi

Years
    Off-beat question.
    I has running along my hatching route waiting for Phione to pop out and had a thought.
    I don't remember what happened in Yellow, but when you ride your bike, what happens to your following pokemon? Do they just run really fast?

I think they actually hop on the bike themselves.
    I wonder how that's gonna work...?

Well, since those huge pokemon like steelix are too heavy to carry on your bike, I'm guessing they go back into your poke'ball.

Last edited:

harig07

Pokemon & SSBB newbie, YGO Pro
    Years
    Laugh if Steelix hopped on the bike and it somehow managed to sustain the weight.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

Years
    Laugh if Steelix hopped on the bike and it somehow managed to sustain the weight.

*Two cyclers are biking and are right next to eachother*
    *Cycle1 sees that Cycle2 has a Steelix riding the bike, too*

Cycle1: ...Nice bike!
    Cycle2: Thanks! That Snorlax you have on your bike loooks powerful!
    Cycle1: Thanks!

XD

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Off-beat question.
    I still remember it, in Yellow Pikachu will disappear, assuming that the Pikachu might be sitting on the Bike basket(though not visible) or have return to it Pokeball. So I think it will be similar in these versions. I know that there are people who dislike this feature, but I love it, since I felt kinda lonely traveling alone.

thelaytonmobile

Beginning Reading Your Message
    Years
    People were wondering if this will be a "DSi only" game, well, there's a low, next to impossible chance it is, but!
    In the old games there was a Gameboy printer that you could connect with, and Cystal in japan had something to do with mobile phones. It would be very easy to have enhanced features when used with the DSi, such as inserting sprites into photos, or connection with DSiWare.

Also, the originals had mystery gift, maybe a similar feature will be used through the Pokewalker. In which case, there would be a trainer house, and it would contain a trainer whose team was the same as the person you last connected Pokewalker with.

Long post, but... what do you think?

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    People were wondering if this will be a "DSi only" game, well, there's a low, next to impossible chance it is, but!
    In the old games there was a Gameboy printer that you could connect with, and Cystal in japan had something to do with mobile phones. It would be very easy to have enhanced features when used with the DSi, such as inserting sprites into photos, or connection with DSiWare.

Also, the originals had mystery gift, maybe a similar feature will be used through the Pokewalker. In which case, there would be a trainer house, and it would contain a trainer whose team was the same as the person you last connected Pokewalker with.

Well these new games are not officially DSi exclusive games. But since there's no "Dual-Slot bonus", so it is consider as DSi game.

I'm not sure about that, but I think the Mystery Gift in Hg/Ss will work the same as the ones on D/P/P, Ihopefully we can still decorate our rooms like back in the days on the original G/S/C.

Anyway, the CoroCoro game magazine just confirm/give infos about:
    - Kanto(they actually confirmed it not long ago).
    - Safari Zone near Cianwood, the new area to be more specific.
    - National Park Bug Contest
    - Apricorn Custom Pokeball with a case for stroing them(actually somebody speculated this case thing before it was officially announce).
    - New Battle Frontier near Olivine, which is located on Route 41 where the old Battle Tower in Crystal located in to be exact. (This was also speculated by spmeone as well).
    - Little data on Rayquaza.
    - Remember the first ever Egg that you received in the original ones? It'll be back as well!

~Poke~

Hasn't played 5th gen yet.
    Years

That made me think, it's not likely but it would be cool if you could take a picture, and have ditto transform into that.

Back