• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
    ^Of course you are, otherwise you wouldn't be able to Surf, which has been an important part of getting through the SF quickly since Gen 1 :P

But that does seem plausible. It could just be a coincidence, but as said, it seems suspicious that they're both females with a Butterfree, and Sweet Scent would be a convenient move for the SF.

I realise this now. I was thinking about something else, clearly. xD

It'd be great for the Safari Zone. More Pokémon encounters, less wandering around.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    Subject Reroute
    My CPU Crashed, So I'm Trying To Catch Up On Things- Tell Me If You Already Covered It, But Also Tell Me Your Thoughts On This
    Pokethlon-
    It Looks Very Cool
    Is It What's Replacing Contests? Usually When I Beat A Game, I Just Do The Contest For A While, Then Start A New Game- But If This Is Replacing Contests.... Well.... It'll Be MUCH Beter

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Subject Reroute
    My CPU Crashed, So I'm Trying To Catch Up On Things- Tell Me If You Already Covered It, But Also Tell Me Your Thoughts On This
    Pokethlon-
    It Looks Very Cool
    Is It What's Replacing Contests? Usually When I Beat A Game, I Just Do The Contest For A While, Then Start A New Game- But If This Is Replacing Contests.... Well.... It'll Be MUCH Beter

To catch up on everything you've missed, sites such as Serebii, PokéBeach, etc. are great places to look for an insight. However, there is also the use of the HeartGold and SoulSilver Rules & Official HG/SS Known Info right here in this forum. As for the Pokéthlon, I wouldn't say it might replace the Pokémon Contests, as they can also appear in Kanto if not Johto. Although, I definitely like the idea of it being introduced as it'll give players something extra to do. Not to mention, it looks like a pretty nice addition to include and fun at that.

Now, as for the two females with their partner Butterfree, it could actually be a possibility that she could be the Move Tutor for Sweet Scent. It makes sense now that you bring it up for her being placed by the Safari Zone entrance. Not to mention, in the market-like area she is in, there are usually some people situated there who teach moves or give out items. If this is so, then it'll be a nice idea and an easy use in the Safari Zone to save on steps besides the customization feature. As for the area outside the Safari Zone itself, very nice indeed.

Hamilton

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    Now, as for the two females with their partner Butterfree, it could actually be a possibility that she could be the Move Tutor for Sweet Scent. It makes sense now that you bring it up for her being placed by the Safari Zone entrance. Not to mention, in the market-like area she is in, there are usually some people situated there who teach moves or give out items. If this is so, then it'll be a nice idea and an easy use in the Safari Zone to save on steps besides the customization feature. As for the area outside the Safari Zone itself, very nice indeed.

That Does Make A lot Of Sense

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    What happens when you trade an apricorn-caught pokemon to D/P/Pt? Does anyone know if hackers ever confirmed the presence of apricorn ball sprites in D/P/Pt, or will they just convert to pokéballs when traded away?

Ever since the release of DPPt, the only major information connected with Johto that hackers have uncovered is that the new DPPt games came with coding for Johto's existence. Seeing as the news on apricorns have been recently reveiled it is hard to say whether or not the Apricorn Balls will still have the same sprite in DPPt as it would in the new remakes or if it would be converted into a normal looking PokéBall. However, if there is coding in the Sinnoh games for Johto, and if it does happen to recognize the balls, then they should appear the same in DPPt as it would in HeartGold and SoulSilver. This is based on speculations however and it is just a thought seeing as news on the return of Apricorns are still fairly new.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
    If the code for the Johto-exclusive pokeballs was in DPPt, wouldn't people have found it? They haven't, so my guess is that they aren't going to be tradeable. Nurse Joy or whoever will just tell you that you can't trade when you have those items attached. Simple enough.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Well I'm thinking if the Pokemon we're trading were caught by Kurt's custom Poke Balls... Maybe these GSC exclusive Poke Balls will appear as normal red Poke Ball in Diamond, Pearl and Platinum, but appear in original form in Hg/Ss.

Hamilton

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    Am I Catching Up?

So Now You Have A Touch Screen Menu? Cool- Running Shoes, Pokemon Out Of Ball, Register Up To 2 Items, Touch Them To Use?
    Magnet Train And Kanto Make A Return,
    and The Itemfinder?
    This Will Indefinitely Be The Best Pokemon Game Released To Date

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    So Now You Have A Touch Screen Menu? Cool- Running Shoes, Pokemon Out Of Ball, Register Up To 2 Items, Touch Them To Use?
    Magnet Train And Kanto Make A Return,
    and The Itemfinder?
    This Will Indefinitely Be The Best Pokemon Game Released To Date

Seeing as the game is a remake to Gold and Silver, it would include some of the older locations, features, and items. With the third and fourth generation games coming afterwards, the remakes would include the newer items and features as well. Not to mention, as we can see it has also introduced some newer features that have never been brought to gameplay for Pokémon as yet. So, you can call it the best Pokémon RPG now, but more so it'll matter when you actually play the game yourself. Still, there is no doubt this remake will definitely be a good one no less.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
    I am not talking about trading items, I am talking about what will happen when you trade a pokemon caught in a apricornball. If something in your party is carrying an item non-existent in the other game, it merely drops that item back into your game.

Oh, I see. I would guess that the little icon would change to a normal pokeball.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2010
    New Moves?TMs/HMs

So, do you think/is it known that there will be any new moves or indeed HMs in the new games. Granted they are remakes of G/S so I expect they will add in all the D/P moves but I hope there will also be some new ones...

Do you think/want there to be any new moves?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Merged thread on TM/HMs here with the Speculation thread.

Although, the answer for TMs is most likely going to be 'same as D/P/Pt', due to the fact that if it wasn't different, there would be problems trading those TMs and all to D/P/Pt if they didn't match up. (Hence, they wouldn't be the same as GSC's TM list). That's why the first 50 TMs have remained the same since the 3rd gen.

HMs may differ as they aren't tradable. And any old GSC moves may yet resurface as moves taught by tutors as well (first move tutor people came about in the 2nd gen, iirc).

Hamilton

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    So, do you think/is it known that there will be any new moves or indeed HMs in the new games. Granted they are remakes of G/S so I expect they will add in all the D/P moves but I hope there will also be some new ones...

Do you think/want there to be any new moves?

Well, They Will Probably (as Mentioned Earlier In This Thread) Stay The Same As In D/P/Plt, With The Exception Of HM's- I'm Pretty Sure They Need To Add Whirlpool And Flash

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Like stated above, the TMs are probably guaranteed to remain the same 50+ as it was since the third generation, because of compatability reasons. As for old GSC moves coming back as a TM, it probably wouldn't occur as the other games it has compatability with [DPPt] wouldn't be able to identify it as that. For the case in HMs however, they can have the possibility of being altered from that of DPPt, seeing as HMs are more permanent items that cannot be transfered from one game to the next like TMs.

The idea of new moves can work out to an extent. This being that no actual new move be created, but instead Pokémon be given a few new moves into their move pool. For example, the new Jirachi event given off by McDonalds in Japan had actually come with the move Draco Meteor, which is a move from the fourth generation, but a new move to Jirachi itself. And also like stated, there is a possibility that old GSC moves can be resurfaced by distributed game Move Tutors.

Well, They Will Probably (as Mentioned Earlier In This Thread) Stay The Same As In D/P/Plt, With The Exception Of HM's- I'm Pretty Sure They Need To Add Whirlpool And Flash

Flash being made as a TM in DPPt will more than likely end up keeping its position as a TM in HeartGold and SoulSilver as well. It isn't really an important HM to the game as the caves and areas that had been placed dark before in the originals can simply be removed and filled in with a thick fog like what was done in DPPt. This way Defog makes a new appearance in HGSS as a HM, while Flash keeps its TM position that DPPt had given it. I wouldn't expect all of the old GSC HMs to remain the same as it was before, because there will be a need for alterations.

Hamilton

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    Flash being made as a TM in DPPt will more than likely end up keeping its position as a TM in HeartGold and SoulSilver as well. It isn't really an important HM to the game as the caves and areas that had been placed dark before in the originals can simply be removed and filled in with a thick fog like what was done in DPPt. This way Defog makes a new appearance in HGSS as a HM, while Flash keeps its TM position that DPPt had given it. I wouldn't expect all of the old GSC HMs to remain the same as it was before, because there will be a need for alterations.
    Oh, Right- Sorry- Forgot They Had It As A TM- Defog Works- But What About Whirlpool? Won't They Have To Use That?

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    What do you guys think about Gym Leader's Pokemon possibly being changed? As you may or may not know, no male Gym Leader (besides Pryce) used Johto Pokemon.

Falkner used Pidgey and Pidgeotto
    Chuck used Primeape and Poliwrath
    Morty used the Gastly line

Personally I'd like to see Morty using Misdreavus, Falkner using Natu, Hoot Hoot, Murkrow even and Chuck using Heracross. I feel Game Freak has improved on their Gym Leader lineups since GSC and hopefully that'll be changed in HG/SS.

Back