• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I have a question. Can the Pikachu-colored Pichu be obtained from anywhere outside of Japan? If not, that's a whole in-game event in HG/SS that the rest of the world cannot obtain.

As of right now, the Pikachu Colored Pichu was obtained in the 12th movie event in Japan. However, because of capability with Wi-Fi, there are certain people here trading legit Pikachu Colored Pichus. As for it being held as an event outside of Japan, I wouldn't expect that until the 12th movie comes out in each country for others to obtain the event for the Pichu on their own.

More than likely, it will be held outside of Japan, and at least in the US it will for the most part as well. I'm sure this won't be an exclusive Japan only event as the Gizamimi Pichu [Notched Ear] is quite special for the remakes and I don't think Game Freak will risk the loss in money for this, when they can earn more by holding up the event outside.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I doubt about the exotic pokemon, as I think that is why they are creating HG and SS, to make people who have a DSi but no DS get the pokemon they cannot get on DP, due to the GBA games. Makes sense, as they are using remakes to reintroduce the old pokemon into the new when the old and new can't connect (such as Red and Blue with Ruby and Sapphire, so they created Firered for that).
    Hmm... I guess you're right. (Note to self: There's a possibility for R/S remake on Gen V.)

As for HM Dive, I wouldn't say it'll be brought back as an HM or else that will kind of mess up connection with DPPt, seeing as it is a TM there. Though, I'm sure, just like dig, we might be able to use it if this is the case. Whichever, a nice feature will be brought back because traveling underwater was quite original and new in RSE.
    It's not a TM on DPP, just a tutor move on Platinum!!
    But thinking that Kyogre is version exclusive, I think there's no possibility for the move Dive to be HM.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Hmm... I guess you're right. (Note to self: There's a possibility for R/S remake on Gen V.)

It's not a TM on DPP, just a tutor move on Platinum!!
    But thinking that Kyogre is version exclusive, I think there's no possibility for the move Dive to be HM.

I don't know what made me think of Dive being a TM within DPPt, but nevertheless as I do recall it was a tutor move. However, because of this being so and not everyone always taking the oppotunity to teach their Pokémon Dive by a move tutor, I have a strong belief that Kyogre will not be found by diving underwater. Though, even if I place this in speculation there is one idea that I have in mind.

If the fifth generation games come back out in the next few years with Dive being an HM, then I would think this as a huge possibility of having Ruby and Sapphire as a remake afterwards. I know it wouldn't be placed as a TM later on if these current 100 keeps going on, but this idea is just based on what I have gathered for now.

Although, with all the water routes and new cave locations, I really think that Kyogre and Groudon will be found in one certain cave. Also, seeing as they are both exclusive to each game and more than likely won't be found roaming I have a hunch that they will be situated in the same area except with a different nature around it [water vs. land/fire].

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    Well, what happens in the 5th gen is totally up in the air for now, so it's kinda useless to speculate on what could happen there :P

As for Dive, yeah, I doubt that it'll be used in HgSs for Kyogre... especially since that means only one game would need it, which seems a little off to me. It'll probably just be sitting in a pond-type thing or something. And yeah, I agree, there'll probably be a new area that's almost the same for both games just one is all magma-y and one is watery or something.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    I was thinkin'... People have been talkin' 'bout how they want the sprites in HGSS to be like in Crystal, with such animations and so on... Well, since the FireRed/LeafGreen used heavily revamped Yellow sprites, then this should not be that unimaginable (if that's a word...)... The point is, They would probably be like the Crystal ones...
    Although, that doesn't make them Crystal-remakes, and so the thaught of havin' Kris as the female trainer sounds kinda dumb... I mean, Kris isn't even supposed to exist in GS, as she simply is Crystal. It would, when you think 'bout it, be like hopin' that the Torn world wouldexist in a DP remake... Really nice, but it's just not gonna happen.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    But crystal is heavily implied in the games with the obvious inclusion of the text ruins, the Suicune ledge in Cianwood, the battle tower and more. In a DP remake if it ever happens I can see the torn world being added by the way because it completes the game they way adding the Suicune ledge and all those crystal things in. So yeah crystal sprites could be in and if so then all 493 Pokemon should get such animations. i mean look. Someone took the sprites and spruced them up for a looker:
    HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation
    HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

They are heavily same.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    If we're using the DP remake analogy, it could happen if they didn't remake Platinum but wanted to include Platinum elements in DP, which looks like is what's happening for HgSs.

Wow, that sprite really does look similar. Are there any others that look like the Crystal ones so far?

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Is there a possibilty for a seperate Pokemon for Kanto and Johto?
    Considering the new areas that are seen in the new map...

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Is there a possibilty for a seperate Pokemon for Kanto and Johto?
    Considering the new areas that are seen in the new map...

I would like to answer this, but the question isn't quite to clear to me. If you can be a little bit more explicit I'm sure I would understand what you are trying to ask a bit better please.

Anyway, I didn't realize how quite similar the old Crystal sprites had been to the new HeartGold and SoulSilver sprites. However, there are a few differences, but it is still interesting to see the close resemblence. Before, I had realized that Silver looked the same as the original sprite, I knew that from before when I first saw the scanned release. I just didn't see the close similarity between the Crystal Mareep and the new one used today.

Though, I'm sure there will be some more close match ups like what we've noticed now. Though, it is hard to tell because Mareep and Pikachu were the basic sprites they only seem to really show. They haven't went into much detail on the other Pokémon as yet. Nevertheless, I'm sure the remakes will have some old Crystal anticipations. Even if it didn't have Kris placed in, there will more than likely be some old references and old Crystal occurrences brought back up. For instance, we know they have brought back the Battle Tower so that is a large sign of the similarity, I would think.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    Of course the sprites are going to look similar, they're the same freaking Pokemon. Although Mareep's sprite doesn't look as good/clean as its old one.

It's not just that, the pose is really similar too :/. The HgSs sprite looks much more similar to the Crystal sprite than, say, the Emerald sprite for Mareep.

Making the E4 tougher would be nice. As for "adding more challenge to the game," there's a lot of ways they could do that, so that's kind of a vague suggestion :s

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I would like to answer this, but the question isn't quite to clear to me. If you can be a little bit more explicit I'm sure I would understand what you are trying to ask a bit better please.

Anyway, I didn't realize how quite similar the old Crystal sprites had been to the new HeartGold and SoulSilver sprites. However, there are a few differences, but it is still interesting to see the close resemblence. Before, I had realized that Silver looked the same as the original sprite, I knew that from before when I first saw the scanned release. I just didn't see the close similarity between the Crystal Mareep and the new one used today.

Though, I'm sure there will be some more close match ups like what we've noticed now. Though, it is hard to tell because Mareep and Pikachu were the basic sprites they only seem to really show. They haven't went into much detail on the other Pokémon as yet. Nevertheless, I'm sure the remakes will have some old Crystal anticipations. Even if it didn't have Kris placed in, there will more than likely be some old references and old Crystal occurrences brought back up. For instance, we know they have brought back the Battle Tower so that is a large sign of the similarity, I would think.
    Sorry I mean separate Pokemon League for the aforementioned regions...

Back in the days of the old G/S versions,
    they had different sprites for each Pokemon...
    I wonder if this feature will be back...

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Sorry I mean separate Pokemon League for the aforementioned regions...

Back in the days of the old G/S versions,
    they had different sprites for each Pokemon...
    I wonder if this feature will be back...

Oh okay, now I've got you. To tell you the truth, I highly doubt this may happen as what we see from the map, Johto doesn't seem to have anything extended leading to a large structure that can be pin pointed as its own league. I think this is because with the game having two regions in one, then the game developers might have only found the need for one league together.

Though, in my opinion, I would prefer the idea of each region having their own. Even though it may not happen, it is still a nice thought.

As for sprites, I'm pretty sure they will each be of their own individual. I prefer it this way too as you know which Pokémon is which. Not to mention it is a cool way of keeping things easier to understand how the sprite of a Pokémon the way it is now.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Oh okay, now I've got you. To tell you the truth, I highly doubt this may happen as what we see from the map, Johto doesn't seem to have anything extended leading to a large structure that can be pin pointed as its own league. I think this is because with the game having two regions in one, then the game developers might have only found the need for one league together.

Though, in my opinion, I would prefer the idea of each region having their own. Even though it may not happen, it is still a nice thought.

As for sprites, I'm pretty sure they will each be of their own individual. I prefer it this way too as you know which Pokémon is which. Not to mention it is a cool way of keeping things easier to understand how the sprite of a Pokémon the way it is now.
    So that means the new area near Cianwood is not Pokemon League at all...
    I wonder what will it be, but hopefully not Battle Frontier...

Is it already confirm if the sprites are animated, just like in DPP?

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    I think he meant how Gold and Silver had different battle sprites (ex Gold Pichu looks different than Silver Pichu), whereas every other pair of versions had the same sprites. What you're thinking of is the menu sprites, right?

If there was a Battle Frontier, I doubt it'd be in that new Cianwood area since the original Battle Tower was situated by Olivine, and I don't think they'd change the location on that. I don't think it's been confirmed that the sprites are animated, but it's a safe guess since every game since Emerald has had animated sprites.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    So that means the new area near Cianwood is not Pokemon League at all...
    I wonder what will it be, but hopefully not Battle Frontier...

Is it already confirm if the sprites are animated, just like in DPP?

I wouldn't think of the new area near Cianwood as a new Pokémon League. In previous threads, with a little bit of digging, it was discovered that the Battle Tower was brought back to the games near Olivine City. As for a Battle Frontier, I don't mind having one, but I know there is more that they can do if they leave out the idea of having a Battle Frontier, but simply keeping the Tower itself like in Crystal.

As for the sprites being animated, this is unsure of at the moment. I would hope and expect it to be animated as if not then Pokémon will only be reverting backwards when it should continue forwards.

I think he meant how Gold and Silver had different battle sprites (ex Gold Pichu looks different than Silver Pichu), whereas every other pair of versions had the same sprites. What you're thinking of is the menu sprites, right?

If there was a Battle Frontier, I doubt it'd be in that new Cianwood area since the original Battle Tower was situated by Olivine, and I don't think they'd change the location on that. I don't think it's been confirmed that the sprites are animated, but it's a safe guess since every game since Emerald has had animated sprites.

Yeah, lol, I was thinking about the menu sprites. However, as for the mention of the battle sprites, I wouldn't mind them being different, because it'll be more like the originals and a nice touch to the remakes once more.

Yes, not to mention like said it was seen that a Black Tower, having a similar appearance to the Crystal Battle Frontier was seen once more in the new Johto Map. So, I'd think differently as well when it comes to the new appearance of Cianwood City.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I think he meant how Gold and Silver had different battle sprites (ex Gold Pichu looks different than Silver Pichu), whereas every other pair of versions had the same sprites.

Yup you're right, I was talking about the different sprites.

Umm... I didn't said Battle Frontier... I said Pokemon League for Johto...

I wouldn't think of the new area near Cianwood as a new Pokémon League. In previous threads, with a little bit of digging, it was discovered that the Battle Tower was brought back to the games near Olivine City. As for a Battle Frontier, I don't mind having one, but I know there is more that they can do if they leave out the idea of having a Battle Frontier, but simply keeping the Tower itself like in Crystal.

As for the sprites being animated, this is unsure of at the moment. I would hope and expect it to be animated as if not then Pokémon will only be reverting backwards when it should continue forwards.

Yes, not to mention like said it was seen that a Black Tower, having a similar appearance to the Crystal Battle Frontier was seen once more in the new Johto Map. So, I'd think differently as well when it comes to the new appearance of Cianwood City.

I think it's kinda obvious that Battle Tower will be place on Route 41, as in Crystal version it was located there. I'm just curious about the new areas...

This black tower was it seen on near Cianwood or near Olivine?

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I think it's kinda obvious that Battle Tower will be place on Route 41, as in Crystal version it was located there. I'm just curious about the new areas...

This black tower was it seen on near Cianwood or near Olivine?

The Black Tower was seen on Route 41 next to Olivine where the original Battle Tower was located in Crystal. So, it is safe to assume that it'll be back, however the area around it is still covered in clouds so it is unsure of whether or not the Battle Frontier may show up again.

As for the new areas, there is so far the change in Cianwood. I would think it is more made to look like Canalve City with the water routes and all. As for the divided up areas shown, it is hard to tell what it all may be about. Although, it is basically seen that the new tower in Goldenrod City will more than likely be the new GTS for Johto. As for the new area west of the National Park, it is said that this may be the new Contest Hall for the region.

Then there is speculation of Arceus's location which is mostly thought to be located at the top of Mt. Silver where snow is found. This makes the most sense out of it, because it gives relation to Arceus's connection being located at the top of Mt. Coronet in Sinnoh while in Johto it relates to the top of Mt. Silver.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    I really hope for a big revamp of Mt. Silver... Like, a little town at the foot, different mountain tiles that really changes from the usual ones... And lots of snow, and epic enviroments... You should get the main Idea (I think they should have made Stark Mt. even bigger and... well... epic than they did)... And on the very top... You meet Red. I have great hopes for this mountain.

Back