• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    The layout of the Ice Cave was pretty amazing in my opinion. With improved graphics I'll bet it would be even better.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Johto is a really small region, and it needs Kanto for support in my opinion.

Veng3anc3

Woah..
    Years
  • I don't know why so many are doubting the return of Kanto, if it's a G/S/C remake, then it will OBVIOUSLY have Kanto in there.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I don't know why so many are doubting the return of Kanto, if it's a G/S/C remake, then it will OBVIOUSLY have Kanto in there.

Well we're not too sure, and I don't think you are either. Nintendo could and add and remove things as they like. I do hope they decide to keep the Kanto region connected with the Johto though.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    The reason why people aren't too sure, is because no information has been revealed about it. Plus, with the idea of Battle Frontiers, a lot of people are thinking something like that can happen as well. Even, the idea of the Sevii Islands or something new came into some people's idea instead of having Kanto.

Veng3anc3

Woah..
    Years
  • I'm fully confident they will add Kanto. It wouldn't be worth buying with out THE WHOLE GAME being there.

I think they will expand with Kanto, but they wont take it out. That would just be a total buzz-kill.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    If they do not add the Kanto region, then they game would be very short because the Johto region wasn't that long to complete. I think that's another reason why they could add the Kanto region.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Plus, with the idea of Kanto being in, and so many new features from simply DPPt, there's a lot of possibilites they can do with that one region as well as Johto.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • I don't know why people are doubting the addition of Kanto, as it's pretty evident that it should be there to help extend how much the radio tower is included in the story of the originals. If not I suppose they'll have to get rid of the train station as well, and various other elements that tied into Kanto.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    I don't know why so many are doubting the return of Kanto, if it's a G/S/C remake, then it will OBVIOUSLY have Kanto in there.

Yeah, that's my point too.

Johto is a really small region, and it needs Kanto for support in my opinion.

Not really small, is it? It's just a little small in comparion.

Okay, maybe it is small... But they are most probably gonna expand on it this time.

If they stretch every route a bit more, and expand the cities to fit in the new, bigger houses and buildings and bigger trees, the region will expand on its own. Even after that, I hope they expand a lot of areas, like Dragon's Den.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    My inner contest geek would fangasm if this happened.

But this seems a lot more likely. They don't have much use, especially if contests won't be in the game. Using them to make pokeballs is a great idea.
    I like Super Contest, but I have to admit that not many people like it. So Contests wouldn't be add in HGSS for sure.
    I strongly agree. Wouldn't it also slow down the process a bit?
    Yeah, the trading in DPP is alreasy slow... So adding more extra things will just make things worse.
    They're probably going to put them in the National Dex. Although I don't really know, but they just might automatically stop the evolving pokemon like in the Kanto region.
    Yeah most likely will be like that. But I hope even if you have some non-Johto Pokemon on your team(or Pokemon that will evolve into 4th-gen Pokemon), they'll still let them evolve, like the way that they did on DPP.
    Maybe because everyone think that there's FR/LG already...

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I guess the Johto will expand on its own with the new graphics and all. Of course, it'll only look expanded that way, but with the new features then it'll seem bigger with more things to do.

Years
  • i'm pretty sure Kanto will be back in these remakes
    and i hope they carry over the method of completeing the pokedex from DPPt to HG/SS, cos its stupidly hard catching every pokemon, especially with Johto's regional 'dex having 250 pokemon :|

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    That is something I'm wondering as well if they'll take from DPPt. Instead of having to make us catch all the Johto Dex Pokémon, or will they simply just make us see them all?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    i think it'll be near enough impossible, as how would we obtain the kanto starters? :S

We could always obtain the starters from trades. I am sure the Kanto will be in the game though, not too, too sure, but there is a high possibility than all the other regions.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2013
    new evil team?

i was wondring about this the other day but do you think there is gonna be a new evil team i think so because all the other games have had new villines.

Years
  • We could always obtain the starters from trades. I am sure the Kanto will be in the game though, not too, too sure, but there is a high possibility than all the other regions.

i see what you mean, but i've only got a DSi now, so its almost impossible for me to find someone a) that has DPPt, b) that also has FR/LG and c) is willing to trade me their kanto starter.

so i'm thinking they'll take over the pokedex method of only having to see the pokemon :3

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    i was wondring about this the other day but do you think there is gonna be a new evil team i think so because all the other games have had new villines.

Seeing as Team Rocket was already seen in the scans and video, then I doubt any new team will show up. Though, you never know what they might plan on doing in the Kanto, though I highly doubt a new evil team will be brought up.

Back