• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel Journal

Aro-kun

Pokemon trainer
    Years
    Stopping team rocket from calling giovanni back :D
    Spoiler:

Heh heh I disregarded what that grunt told me so i could see the reaction of npcs XD Its a shame that the delivery guy doesnt say:
    Spoiler:

LMAO

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I just caught the first ten Unown in the Ruins of Alph. I have two badges at the moment and got Cut, but haven't gone through Ilex Forest yet.

I don't really have a set team at the moment, but some of the Pokemon I'm keeping with me for now are:

-Croconaw (level 19)
    -Flaafy (level 20)
    -Hoothoot (level 14)
    -Togepi (level 15--I think it's starting to get happy, so hopefully it'll evolve pretty soon)

I haven't had power at all since getting this game, so I've had to make do with the remaining charge left in my DS from before the power went out (and thus, I've tried not to play too much).

Years
    Heading into the TR base,I like wearing their outfits.
    my team is:
    Aerodactyl lvl 24 (training him)
    typhlosion lvl 37
    ampharos lvl 35
    ursaring lvl 35
    and gyrados lvl 35

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Just finished training my team to level 25 and I'm now heading out to Olivine.

Years
    Sam's Wonderful Pokemon Adventure of DOOM, Part Two (Maybe??)

(Last time...)

- Yesterday, walked a good 10,000+ steps before finally picking up Growlithe from the Pokewalker. I bet it loves me now. :') Deposited Togepi, got a good 13,000 steps (or was it 16,000?). Now has a Pinsir.
    - Participated in the Bug Catching Contest. Ran into a Pinsir straight away. I was in the low yellow by the time I'd caught it, so I found it best to retire. Got 2nd place within two minutes. Pretty good, I'd say.
    - Finished beating the trainers around the area and in the gym before fighting Whitney.
    - Was amazed on how easy I had it with Whitney. She'd always given me troubles back in Gold/Crystal; typically I had to trade for that Machop in the Department Store to beat her. This time around, I had my Slowpoke out to beat her Clefairy. I'd done a couple of Curses by this point. She sends out Miltank, and all she does is Stomp me. Few more Curses + Headbutt + no healing/Milk Drink from Miltank = 3rd badge with no problems. d("d)
    - Killed Sudowoodo. Wasn't worried about catching it in the first place, since it's now common enough in DPPt.
    - Pushed my way through Ecruteak, went west, through to Olivine, and then back to Ecruteak.
    - On the way, healed up Moomoo all in one shot. Good thing I'd remembered to put some Oran berries in my pots last night. Wondering if there's a place to buy seals in this game...
    - Finally went inside the Burnt Tower, where I did not beat Alan as easily as I thought I would. :( Still won, though. Also released the legendary dogs... beasts... cats... whatever. :p
    - Then went to the Gym, and fought my way to Morty. His Gengar's Shadow Ball wiped out my team. As it turns out, none of them can take a special attack.
    - Went through Mt. Mortar to Mahogany, then back to Olivine, and went through the Lighthouse there.
    - Finally at the Gym in Ecruteak again and praying I can take down that damned Gengar. Sadly I think I'm going to have to grind a few more levels, despite there not being any good places to do so. :( I think the battle will be easier when my Gastly and Geodude evolve at 25.

ASHTON'S CURRENT TEAM:
    Growlithe (Puppy, lv 22)
    Flaaffy (Sheep, lv 22)
    Geodude (Rock, lv 22)
    Gastly (Ghost, lv 22)
    Slowpoke (Slow, lv 22)
    Bayleef (Leaf, lv 22)

Years
    Here we go guys~

ENTRY #6

~ I'll be writing like this now.

~ I caught a Poliwag, Male with a Bashful Nature at Violet City with an Old Rod. Took me a good 30 minutes....

~ Then, once I trained him at Dark Cave to Level 15, I decided it was time to go to Azalea!

~ I went north of Violet, and got a Miracle Seed for Bellsprout from that dude.

~ I beat up some trainers and fisherman, and I healed afterwards, and then I entered Union Cave.

~ I trained on the lower floor, and then I beat up Hikers, The Fireblowers, and then I took down that ridiculous PokeManiac.

~ I left Union Cave, got some Apricorns, beat up a Hiker and got his number.

~ After that, I went into Azalea, trained Pidgey and got a Pidgeotto! I also trained Quilava and Flaafy.

~ Next, I completed the Slowpoke mission. Proton was very easy to defeat.

~ Then, I gave Kurt 2 Grn Apricorns, and then I caught a Slowpoke who I put in the PC, A Male named Dunce.

~ I beat Bugsy's Gym. It was very easy, Quilava literally killed that Gym. Scyther went down with a Critical I wasn't expecting.

~ After that, I beat Hunter, the rival easily as well. He said some stuff, and then took off.

~ I went through the Ilex Forest, taught Poliwag Headbutt, and left.

~ Then, Route 34, I sweep every Trainer there and met Lyra.

~ After that, I went to Goldenrod and did the Voltorb Flip. After 2 hours, I earned enough coins to get a Dratini!

~ And now, off to Whitney!

ZACKARY'S CURRENT TEAM:

Quilava - Volcanix - Rash - Level 20

Pidgeotto - Aeraptor - Naughty - Level 19

Flaafy - Beacon - Modest - Level 19

Poliwag - Hydro - Bashful - Level 18

Bellsprout - Helio - Hasty - Level 18

Dratini - Dragyn - Docile - Level 16

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 15, 2018
    Hold on, how did Guybrush get a trapinch the trade for drowzee is the drowzee for machop???
    Lol! I was making that up. I just traded a Trapinch over from my Platinum, and happened to use a Drowzee. Sorry for causing some confusion. XD It wouldn't sound like a diary entry if I had said I traded a Trapinch from my alter-ego in an alternate universe. I think I'll stop writing it that way.

Journal Entry #2
    Wiped the floor with Whitney on my second try. My first attempt failed with her Attract/Stomp combo from her Miltank, my Pokemon were always immobilized by love. I then decided that my time would be well spent trying to hatch a Bold Eevee with the egg move Wish. I had a Bold Ditto holding an Everstone and thought it wouldn't take too long. I was wrong, and spent hours hatching eggs. After filling an entire box, I was losing hope I would hatch one. Five minutes I had to leave for work today, I finally hatched a Bold Eevee. I was so relieved. Now I'm trying to breed a Jolly Sneasel and raise a Carnivine so that I can use it to get a Jolly Bulbasaur with Power Whip.

Tobias (Male)
    Modest LV20
    Quick Attack | Leer
    Smokescreen | Flame Wheel

Theodore (Male)
    Modest LV21
    Hypnosis | Night Shade
    Thunderbolt | Mean Look

Bellatrix (Female)
    Adamant LV17
    Bite | Earthquake
    Sand-Attack | Faint Attack

Ursula (Female)
    Bold LV09
    Tackle | Sand-Attack
    Wish | Protect

Last edited:

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Just got to the lake of rage, and oh no! The maze has flooded! And it's pouring rain!
    Fortunately I caught the red gyarados with a net ball pretty easily.

harmonic ♫

red is a pain in the a'
    Years
    Just got out of the victory road cave.

NOW ON TO KICK SOME PAST.

Team-

Espeon level 47

Blaziken 42-

Feraligatr- 44

Ampharos - 43

Steelix -42

Dragonite - 55

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Man is my wrist sore! I just won the stamina AND speed challenge at pokethlon. For speed I had skarmory, jigglypuff, and spiky eared pichu, and for stamina I had bibarel, togepi, and bellsprout.

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
    I just got my eighth badge today. It was tough. I didn't know Kingdra was Water and Dragon. Anyways, after I beat Clair, she had a fit and sent me off to the Dragon's Den, only to be surprised again. I laughed at this.

Yesterday, I went through my two favorite quests in Pokemon history. The first was in Mahogany town when I teamed up with Lance. The second was in Goldenrod, dressing up as a Team Rocket member. I would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for that meddling Silver! ^_^ Lame jokes aside, I've really enjoyed this game. Now I'm on my way to victory road.

Oh yea, I also captured Lugia with a Fast Ball.

Kendall

Fool of a Took
    Years
    Well I've played up to the Burned Tower so far. My current team is:

Vesuvius (Quilava) - Male - Level 24 - Soft Reset for a Timid Nature!
    Aquila (Pidgeotto) - Female - Level 23 - Tried forever to get on pokewalker only to realize you can only catch males there.
    Hyde (Beedrill) - Male - Level 23 - Full of win, weak though so traded over X-Scissor
    Jerome (Gastly) - Male - Level 24 - Missed Night Shade on Pokewalker so traded over to Platinum for Move Relearner. Took him to my Villa and got him an Alert Ribbon.

Sudowoodo (HM slave)

I beat Silver (named Jericho) and had a different pokemon fight each of his pokemon. I talked to Vesuvius while I was above and he was concerned that the floor was too fragile and break, as well as what was in the room below. I was delighted at all the detail they have been putting into this game, I could even hear the floor creaking. I started using the Dowsing Machine and it's pretty awesome, much better than Sinnoh's. Aquila found a Mystic Fire downstairs, and was preoccupied about the ceiling, fearing it's collapse. Vesuvius felt something. I scared away the Beasts, Eusine came down and blabbered. Afterwords, Vesuvius started howling. Then we left and Vesuvius picked up a Yellow Flower. Imma go battle Morty now XD

PS. I scratched my Pokewalker screen! AAAAAACK!

Back