• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel Journal

chillxd

メインモシ
    Years
    I quit playing SoulSilver and now I started HeartGold.

I just caught a Shiny Gastly in Sprout Tower! ._.

Lol shiny first-timer. ._.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Finally made it to Olivine City. I've been trying to get there for over a week now, but had to keep going back to train new Pokemon for my team. My Nidorino caught up to the rest of the team, and I worked on my newly caught Farfetch'd. First I raised her in my PokeWalker for a level, and then used the ol' "bait and switch" method until she could fight on her own.

While going through the Lighthouse, I got stuck for a bit until I figured out what it was I could do to get up to Jasmine. It was rather obvious once I saw it. Anyhow, made it up to Jasmine and got the mission to get the SecretPotion.

So I fought my way to Cianwood City, with my Farfetch'd Slashing down Tentacool and my Flaaffy mopping up after her. In Cianwood, I fought Eusine, where my Flaaffy evolved into an Ampharos.

Stopped playing before tackling the Gym.

@Weatherman, Kiyoshi: Yeah, if you leave a Pokemon infected with Pokerus in the computer, it'll keep the virus for as long as you want it to. It's only if the 'mon is out of the computer that it loses the virus, if I recall correctly. The PC doesn't follow the passage of time. Otherwise, you only have two days of infection.

Years
    Master Ball'd Ho-oh.

May well seriously consider a reset upon the transfer of certain of my Pokemon to Platinum as I lack a female Chikorita+.
    Ye know? I think I will reset. 'Specially while the Yellow Forest is around.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    (Though I think I reas something about how left in the Box will keep and spread the Viris, no?)

Yep. PokeRUS will stay contagious on a Pokemon left in the box. It only heals when in your party.

Leveled my Vulpix to 50 :P Still mass-leveling for the Elite 4 ):

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2010
    Repeatedly faced Misty to level up my French Raichu from 60-79 (:

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    After two days of stalling, I still haven't faced Chuck -.-'' He keeps killing me with his Focus Punch, so I've been team-training all this time.

I also did a couple of trades, so now my dream team is complete!

Feraligatr - Lv. 33
    Pidgeotto - Lv. 32
    Ampharos - Lv. 33
    Shiny Vulpix - Lv. 32
    Sneasel - Lv. 34
    Teddiursa - Lv. 19 (trained from Lv. 1 since last night)

Today, I'm gonna train so they're all lv. 34 and then try Chuck again. (and hope that he stops spamming Focus Punch on me -.-)

Also, this morning, I accidentally encountered Raikou and peed myself. O.O I swear, they scare the life out of me, Raikou and Entei, so I just chucked a Quick Ball and hid. Of course, he escaped and fled, but hey, it was worth a try!

I also completed the Safari Zone test thing, so I... own the Safari Zone? I don't really see the point in it, but hey, I managed to fill a few Dex entries while I was at it.

And I also healed up that Miltank and got myself a Seal Case! ...which I probably will hardly use.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Uh, when he uses Focus Punch, you attack him, duh?

I keep getting killed by Will and Koga. >_>

Training my team now, around level 38/39. Time to try again.

When I think about it, it's probably better training just continually battling Will and Koga.

If I beat Will, the money loss from Koga is neutralised.

Aero Blitz

Faster Than Sceptile
    Years
    Beat the upgraded, post-16 badge E4 for the third time, and then played the Pokeatholon for anther hour of so, man my arm is sore now. <.<

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    I hate the Elite Four.

The only Elite Four I've ever had trouble with - and this is supposed to be the easiest stupid game.

Stupid me, I just had to use six Pokémon, didn't I? >_>

I hate grinding and I don't want to do it, but it looks like I'm going to have to to even get past Will. >_>

And I was hearing some guy beat it with a team weaker than mine.

Stupid hax. Minimize, Confuse Ray.

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
    I'm starting my second run, which I'll be taking slower and much more serious.

So basically, I've started up and chosen the boy.
    My name is ANDY.

I'll probably be picking Chikorita this time round>
    And my rival's name will be DANNY.

Wish me luck!

.тαмєя

Typloshion Lover :D
    Years
    • Age 27
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 9, 2010
    Well I'm just on Nugget Bridge battling the Trainiers so I can Challenge Misty!

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    Uh, when he uses Focus Punch, you attack him, duh?

Yeah, but he's some kind of psychic. He only ever uses it when I miss or use a potion. -.-;;

I actually managed to beat him! And Jasmine! Yay!

Pidgeotto took down Primeape with five attacks. Two gusts put him in the red, so he used a Hyper Potion, then one more Gust and he managed to get a Focus Punch in when I missed. So I was in the red, and he used Focus Punch again, but I Gusted him before it hit. A Quick Attack later and Primeape was finished!

Poliwrath was stupidly easy once Ampharos learned Thunder Punch. Two of them, and he used a Hyper Potion. Two more and a Tackle, and we actually managed to beat Chuck! With two Pokemon and no faints!

I headed straight for Olivine and took on Jasmine. Both of her Magnemites were OHKOed by my Shiny Vulpix and the Steelix took two attacks, but only used Screech in between them, and even then, that missed. Seriously, that must have been the easiest Gym Battle ever. One Pokemon, four Flamethrowers, absolutely no damage taken. Easier than Falkner. -.-

To put the cherry on top of the beautiful chocolate cake that this day has been, I was fishing at Cianwood prior to the battle at the Gym, and KOing Krabbys to level up my Teddiursa, and what should come up at the end of my line but... a wonderfully golden Shiny Krabby! My first shiny in the wild! Of course, I wore it down slowly with Teddiursa's Fury Swipes (she's the weakest in my team at the moment) and captured it in the red with a Great Ball. And then danced around the house.

A lot. ~♪

.тαмєя

Typloshion Lover :D
    Years
    • Age 27
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 9, 2010
    Congrats on the shiny!
    I'm just beating Misty but she's really hard for some reason >.<'
    Doesn't matter now I beat her!

Doogle3097

Hola.
    Years
    So last night I defeated the E4 easily using my Lvl. 51 Magnezone from Diamond, which I'm not using now anyway. :P
    And I caught Lugia yesterday, and yeah...now I'm in Kanto with the team in my siggy. I decided not to change my team.

Back