• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel Journal

Panique

BUGSY IS GAY FOR METAPOD
Years
  • Picked up my game this morning!

So far...

- Started, named Pani.
    - Chose Cyndaquil, named him Aiken!
    - Got to Cherrygrove City and got running shoes/map card.
    - Currently heading to Mr. Pokemon's house with Aiken, lv7!

Years
  • i got into kanto the other day and i beat lt surge,misty,erika,and sabrina,headin to fuschia,ilet it take almost 2 weeks to beat johto and probably gunna slow down on kanto till the end of next week cuz i wanna build a complete new team in kanto with my starter

Ikitsumi

Oh geez, look what I made.....
    Years
  • I'm ready for the Elite Four with a level 60 team! I got rid of some moves and gave them all to an HM Slave Azumarill. :"P So Kureno knows Aqua Tail instead of Surf now.

Years
  • Just got my HG today and am already up to Goldenrod City. Have a Quilava and Flaaffy both around level 20, along with the Egg. I just wish I knew where I could find a Poliwag.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • Today I beat Morty. It was actually pretty easy, I used my lvl 28 Teddiursa, which had faint attack. I just used that over and over and won. The only attacks he could use on me were Hypnosis, Sucker Punch, and Mean Look. He managed to put my Teddiursa to sleep once, but I still won with it in the end.

Then I went east, and got my Teddiursa up to lvl 30, and it evolved. I didn't realize that it would get such a big boost in attack just for evolving.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2011
    I just finished the Sprout Tower and I realized I don't remember any of G/S. Which is awesome. Got me a Ghastly and the Onyx with the lame name so I finally have three whole pokemon I can field without shame.

Years
  • Twas a short day today. As I exited the Pokemon Center after healing my team, I started on my daily chores. I soared through the clear blue sky on my Fearow, visiting various areas, ranging from the rainy east of Azalea Town to the sunny north of bustling Goldenrod, picking apricorns. I got my supply of Fast balls from Kurt, handed him 5 black apricorns before heading off to the rocky cliffs of route 48 to admire the raging yet mesmerizing waterfall with my wonderfully beautiful Dragonair. However, it seems that it's afraid of heights.

I took off to Olivine, admiring the fluffy white clouds along the way, and got my daily dose of free Pokeball seals. I have always wondered how the young girl's sister managed to collect so many Pokeball seals. I always make sure that my Pokemon are in mint condition.

I then cut through the sky back to Goldenrod to give my Dragonair a gorgeous haircut from the older of the haircut brothers. It was delighted. I sprinted to the top floor of the crowded Goldenrod Department Store for the daily draw, only to get a disappointing Persim berry. I then strolled to the Radio Tower, and looked up the lucky number of the day. I dared not be too hopeful, and true enough, the number failed to match the IDs of my magnificent Pokemon.

I was bitter with disappointment, and flew off to the small pond west of Mahogany Town to EV train my Dragonair for Attack. It was tedious, but worthwhile. My Dragonair's Attack stat rose by 4-5 points each time I leveled up, compared to 2-3 from before I started my EV training regime. My Dragonair leveled up 4 times today, and I am overjoyed. However, I feel as if I have neglected my other precious Pokemon.

My current team of gems are as follows: Blazing through the blue flames, Typhlosion a.k.a Raika! Electrifying the hearts of many, Ampharos a.k.a Hikari! Rain down your fury, Gyarados a.k.a Kihara! Steel yourselves for my stone-cold fighter, Scizor a.k.a Raiga! Prepare to put your brain to the test in the presence of my esper, Alakazam a.k.a Raiza! Finally, grace yourselves with the beauty of my magical Dragonair a.k.a Kiran!

I shall take on the Elite Four with this team of prized Pokemon one day, however, I shall train them to break the limits of the universe before defeating the horrifying Four in a graceful, yet savage manner! Stay on your toes, as my Pokemon shall put on a performance that shall remain in Pokemon history for all of eternity!

Even if we were to be enslaved in the galaxy's cycle of rebirth, the feelings that were left behind will open the door! Even if we were to face against the infinite universe, our burning blood will cut through fate! I don't believe in myself! I believe in my Pokemon who believe in me!

P.S
    Mother, please stop wasting my money, and if you want to send me items, send me something other than berries please, my berry pot already has a bountiful amount of ripe and juicy berries for my Pokemon to savour and enjoy. I thank you with my loving heart and soul.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Let's see..

- Beat Chuck.
    - Healed Amphy.
    - Beat Jasmine.
    - Caught the Red Gyrados.
    - Beat all of Team Rocket in Mahogony.
    - Beat the Mahogony Gym.
    - Beat all of Team Rocket in Goldenrod.
    - Got Rainbow Wing.
    - Beat Claire.
    - Am now on my way to Dragon's Den~

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years
  • Ok guys, exciting part.

I just started HeartGold after finishing SoulSilver and I'm up to getting Running Shoes! My Cyndaquil is Lv 6.

Winson

Legendary Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2013
    Got Pokemon SoulSilver Today. Begun Adventure Today. Beaten The First Gym Leader Falkner And About To Go Beat The Second Gym Leader! X3

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
  • Obtained the basement key from the fake director at Goldenrod radio tower, traded my Haunter and Magneton across to evolve them and traded them back, battled rival at the goldenrod underground

my team;

Feraligatr Lv34
    Houndoom Lv34
    Gengar Lv35
    Magnezone Lv35

perfectmonster

Eggs Are Awesome!
    Years
  • Got HeartGold todays! :D Got a Cyndaquil. Got a Bellsprout. Explored Ruins of Alph. Am killing the Bellsprout Tower! Will challenge Falkner after I kill all of these Sage's Pokemans. Cyndaquil Lv 11, Bellsprout Lv 10.

Final Team (that I want now, anyway)
    Typhlosion
    Victreebell
    Slowking
    Dragonair
    ?
    ?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Xine

I LIEK U
    Years
  • Got HeartGold todays! :D Got a Cyndaquil. Got a Bellsprout. Explored Ruins of Alph. Am killing the Bellsprout Tower! Will challenge Falkner after I kill all of these Sage's Pokemans. Cyndaquil Lv 11, Bellsprout Lv 10.

Final Team (that I want now, anyway)
    Typhlosion
    Victreebell
    Slowking
    Dragonair
    ?
    ?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

something like ground or fighting will do.

i recommend catch an heracross in azalea town before challenging whitney (or maybe trade for machop)

anyway, decide to catch a Gible in the safari zone after the N.dex

so, my hopefully final team are :
    Ho-oh (for the sake of fly.....i want my Typh back... ;~; )
    Ampharos
    Espeon
    Heracross
    Red Gyarados
    Garchomp

somewhat balanced, no ?

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2010
    ok i purchased soul silver today as it came out.
    - started with totodile
    -traded over a lvl 1 charmander from diamond
    -captured lvl 3 bellsprout
    -beat all the people in the tower
    -captured lvl 6 mareep

current pokemon are:
    -lvl 13 totodile
    -lvl 13 charmander
    -lvl 10 bellsprout
    -lvl 6 mareep

im training all of them to lvl 14 before i take on the first gym leader, i know i can beat him now but thats the way i like to play my pokemon games, have all my pokekom at equal level and at least 2 levels higher than the gym leaders pokemon, takes time but its worth it at the end.

my plans on my final team would be
    - feraligatr
    -charizard
    -victreebell
    -ampharos
    - either dragonite or aerodactly (which one? im thinking dragonite so it can cover some weaknesses an it could learn thunder which will cover for an electric type, not sure yet.)
    - also not sure on this one, was thinking something like houndoom, ursaring, crobat or umbreon, anything really, any sugestions?

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
  • Ok! Today I messed around for a few minuntes, then started to chase the Fire and Eletric dogs (Entei and Raikou).

I caught Raikou in a Ultra Ball.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Trying to catch the Lv. 70 Ho-oh. The first attempt Ampharos used 2 Thunderbolts and got it into the red and paralyzed. 30 Ultra Balls later it wiped out my whole team... Attempt 2: Ampharos used 2 Thunderbolts and fainted it. Time for attempt 3! Wish me luck!

Back