• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel Journal

Ikitsumi

Oh geez, look what I made.....
Years
  • So I've beaten all the Gym Leaders and decided to go explore Mt. Silver. As soon as I started battling Red, I was like O_________O "I'm gonna get my butt whooped with a level 66 team!!" I managed to defeat his Pikachu, Lapras, and Venusaur before losing to his Snorlax. =w=

So I think for now, I'm gonna train some more while doing more exploring, like Mt. Mortar's middle entrance, complete the Whirl Islands (I got a Quirky-natured Lugia!), and gonna go find more shiny leaves.

Oh yeah, I'm at the Battle Arcade, gotta finish that first~

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Whilst exploring Mt. Silver I ran across a beautiful firey bird that will provide warmth in this dark cave given that I catch it. I am scaling the cliff to reach it to engage in a battle.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    SS Entry #4

* Put Eevee in DCC with Careful Ditto and bred for female Careful Eevee
    * Friend traded over male Wish Eevee and then bred with female to get female Wish Eevee
    * Rode bike from Route 34 through Goldenrod City to Route 35 until both Eevee leveled up to Lv36 and learned Baton Pass
    * Bred them both to get female Careful WishPass Eevee
    * Fought Drowzee with Eevee in the lead to gain Exp Points and earn SDef EVs
    * Thumper (Wooper) evolved into Quagsire
    * Sent Eevee on a stroll in the Noisy Forest to gain Happiness
    * Finally got the hang of Voltorb Flip and won 13,213 coins
    * Bought Substitute for Eevee and Ice Beam for Thumper
    * Entered the Burned Tower, listen to some guy profess an unhealthy obsession with a Pokemon, beat down a few trainers, found a few Legendary dogs, one of them gave me the evil eye
    * Entered the Ecruteak Gym and thrashed the trainers with Trio (Doduo) and Psycho (Alakazam)
    * Faced off against Morty and easily took down Gastly with Psycho, Haunter met the same fate, Psycho leveled up to Lv24 and learned Psybeam, hit Gengar hard but not hard enough and Psycho went down to Shadow Ball, Trio came out was immediately put to sleep, brought Thumper out and survived a Shadow Ball and KO'd Gengar with Surf, Haunter took down Thumper, brought out sleeping Trio to take a Sucker Punch which woke it up and hit Haunter with Pursuit at which time Haunter did Curse and KO'd itself

Current Team
    Lv22 Thumper (female Lonely Quagsire)
    Lv24 Psycho (male Timid Alakazam)
    Lv23 Trio (female Lonely Doduo)
    Lv13 Eevee (female Careful Eevee)
    Lv15 Geodude (HM SLAVE)
    Lv9 Bellsprout (HM SLAVE)

My focus now is to evolve Eevee in Umbreon and then head out to Olivine City. I could have really used Umbreon against Morty as Psycho was my first Pokemon to faint against an opponent. It will be a challenge to keep my levels below that of the next few gyms though.

SS Entry #5

* Couldn't wait to evolve Eevee so went out on Route 38, caught a few Pokemon (specificallly Meowth), beat down a few trainers
    * Added two Meowth to my team for their Pickup Ability. Free stuff ROCKS!
    * Went through Route 39 and on to Olivine City
    * Found TM57 Charge Beam and immediately taught it to Psycho (Alakazam). A move that has a 70% chance of raising Psycho's SAtk???? Yes please!! That is almost like using Calm Mind WHILE attacking!
    * Picked up the Good Rod for some fishing fun later
    * Went to the Lighthouse, picked up another Rare Candy (sweet!), fought a frew trainers, agreed to go get some medicine for Claire. Sheesh, what I won't for a pretty face??
    * Used Thumper (Quagsire) as a surfboard, avoided all the trainers and wild Pokemon, except for catching a Tentacruel (this will be a great place to train Umbreon)
    * Arrived at Cianwood and agreed to "look after" some kid's Shuckle. Chucked that piece of crap Pokemon in my PC
    * Picked up the SecretPotion and was going to head back to Olivine, but came down with a case of the lazies and wanted to Fly back instead of Surf so decided to beat the Cianwood Gym
    * Took down the two trainers on the left side with Trio (Doduo) and then left and came back in so I could go up and turn off the switch without having to battle the trainers on the right
    * Started my battle with Thumper. Chuck brought out Primeape, it missed with Rock Slide (glad I didn't start with Doduo!) and Thumper connected with a Surf. Primeape hit with Karate Chop and Thumper gave a Surf encore. Chuck switched out Primeape and brought in Poliwrath which I thought was surprising. Not used to in-game AI switching. Thumper missed with a Mud Shot and ate a Karate Chop. Thumper connected this time with Mud Shot, but was KO'd. Brought in Psycho and hit Poliwrath with Charge Beam. It only did about 30% damage, but it increased Psycho's SAtk! KO'd Poliwrath with a boosted Psychic. Primeape came back in and met the same fate.
    * Got the Badge, Focus Punch, and then Fly when I left the gym.
    * Saved the game and then replaced a Meowth with Falcon (Spearow). Taught it Fly and then flew to Olivine City.
    * Battery died. I wish I wasn't colorblind so I could see the light was red!

Current Team
    Lv27 Thumper (female Lonely Quagsire)
    Lv28 Psycho (male Timid Alakazam)
    Lv27 Trio (female Lonely Doduo)
    Lv19 Croconaw (HM SLAVE)
    Lv10 Spearow (HM SLAVE)
    Lv14 Meowth (PICKUP)

After extensive research, I found that Feraligatr can learn all of the HMs but one! Now that is what I need in an HM slave! I also threw a Dratini with a bad nature, along with my Geodude, into the DCC to level up. I discovered that you can call the DCC Lady and she will tell you how many levels your Pokemon have grown! How cool! Later today I plan to take the potion to Claire and then take her on in the Olivine Gym.

Years
  • Just about to do Lake of Rage, I plan to catch Gyarados to use in my team.

My Team atm is:
    Quilava Lv.28
    Weepinbell Lv.28
    Crobat Lv.28

Edit: OMG I just found Raikou :o
    But I can't do anything to it, all my team being 10 levels lower than it XD
    Just a very weak Bite from Crobat and it runs :p

Last edited:

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • Since last time, I've made some progress in the game. I've earned three badges although Whitney was a close shave. I've caught and evolved a Pidgey and Mareep and I've evolved Cyndaquil. I've also caught a Ratata for HM purposes. I'm currently in Goldenrod city with my Pokemon around level 20.

iRawr

Poli?
    Years
    • Uk
    • Seen Apr 5, 2010
    Entry 4

> Well after beating all the trainiers in the lighthouse and picked up a rare candy :D I went to Cianwood to get the medicine for Ampy.. While taking on Chuck which was a very easy job!

> After that Chucks wife gave me HM Fly so I taught it to my fearow and flew back to Olivine City where I healed Ampy back to normal..

> After that I flew back to Cianwood to check out the new Safari Zone :) Which was pretty awesome didn't catch anything though so I'll be going back there after I complete the E4 for some decent pokemon.

> I am currently Grinding all my pokemon up to Lv37 to beat Jasmine as well as a new member on my party - Dratini, Well hopefully I just unlocked the course for it and decided to try and eithier get a Dratini or a belly drum Poliwag which would be cool !

> My team so far :

Vert
    Charbok?
    RiVeRsIdE-
    Or

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
  • Does anyone know how to train pokemon fast?

My Team (ontopic)
    Ampharos LV.39
    Dragonair LV.34
    Meganium LV.38
    Feraligatr LV.41
    Typloshion LV40
    Pidgeot LV40

(I'm at the Indgio Plateau.)

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Got Moltres down to 1 HP but confused it too :( of course, it decided to kill itself!

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Good luck!

And I got Moltres down to 1 HP. Chucked a ton of balls at it, and evetually it had to struggle. And get hit with recoil... and die.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Finally got it! And I didn't even waste all of my Dusk Balls!

Good luck with Bruno. He can be pretty harsh if you send out your flying pokemon to sweep. He OHKO'd my Togekiss with Ice Punch...

Skystrike

Years
  • O_o You exactly described what just happened.

HITMONCHAN used ThunderPunch!
    Flyer fained!

(dang those elemental punches.)

EDIT: Got it!
    EDIT2: FINALLY BEAT THE DAMNED MACHAMP!!!!
    EDIT3: JUST HAD TO RESET THE GAME BECAUSE I LOST!!!!

Last edited:

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Haha yay!!

I'm going to dump my team into the PC and start on Route 1 with my Kanto Starter and build a team around it.

EDIT: Well for now I'm going to keep Togekiss for fly and Lickilicky for HM's. Once I get a flyer I'll dump Toge.

Skystrike

Years
  • Like a new begininng.
    =D
    Sounds cool.

You can easily find a flyer outside of Pallet Town.

WHAT I DONT GET IS MACHAMP CAN USE MOVES WHEN YOUR FLYING.

Last edited:

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
  • Arrived in Kanto, defeated Surge, i'm going to try and head towards Celadon City next and head to the department store for some tms

My Team:

Feraligatr Lv47
    Houndoom Lv46
    Magnezone Lv46
    Gengar Lv46
    Mamoswine Lv49
    Lugia Lv46

Miniduffa

Pokeshipper and Proud
    Years
  • Well, my Heart Gold arrived today. :D

I've just arrived in Ecruteak City with: