• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel Journal

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2010
    Got the game yesterday (technically on Thursday but I wasnt home to pick it up) and Im currently in Goldenrod with a team of four pokemon Cyndaquill, Pidgeotto, Flaaffy and Drowzee which I just caught.

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    Arrived in Celadon City, bought the dark pulse from the department store, defeated Erika at the gym, going to head back to Saffron City and challenge Sabrina to a battle.

My Team;

Feraligatr Lv47
    Houndoom Lv48
    Magnezone Lv46
    Gengar Lv46
    Lugia Lv48
    Mamoswine Lv49

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Well, I'm going to get HeartGold today as an early easter present!! This time I'm going to SR for any of the starters shiny (since it shows that it is shiny on the screen when first click on it). Whichever is shiny first is who I'm going with, because after having a Cyndiquil I can't choose between the other two (I had a hard enough time choosing between the three on SoulSilver.) I plan on having a totally different team revolving around the starter I end up with.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Well, after much arguing, I got my mum to take me to buy SoulSilver.yay!

So, I've beaten...2 gym leaders (Falkner and Bugsy), and got the Farfetch'd!!

Just wondering, is there anything special in the Ruins of Alph?(other than Arceus event).Because I skipped that.

And now, I'm gonna find that shrine, after I catch another Bellsprout, and get a Notch-Eared Pichu!!

Lulz....a bit of a pre-game story:

I went into GAME to buy it. When I went to the till, the guys were trying to convince me that there was no possible way of completing the game without a strategy guide!

I didn't have any money left, and didn't want to totally piss off some pretty nice people, so I bet all 5 people in there £10 each that I would come back in 2 hours, and not buy the strategy guide!!

Spoiler:

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    Just beaten Sabrina, i'm on a roll today lol, i'm going to try and solve the power plant problem next and defeat Misty

My Team;

Feraligatr Lv47
    Houndoom Lv49
    Mamoswine Lv49
    Magnezone Lv46
    Gengar Lv46
    Lugia Lv48

I'm aiming to get Feraligatr, Magnezone and Gengar up to Lv49 so that they match the rest of the team before the next gym battle

Last edited:
    Years
    I went to the Safari Zone and caught a Poliwhirl and Jigglypuff. Then I went through the Elite Four again. I'll probably go through Mt. Silver and challenge Red as well.

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
    I'm gonna give Karen a try again. Wish me luck!

I'm gonna do what the TheDoctor said he was gonna do if he couldn't beat the E4.

I'm gonna do what the TheDoctor said he was gonna do if he couldn't beat the E4.

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    Been playing this game now for about 6-7 hours straight with one break. Just left Goldenrod City, I beat Whitney on my first try, I must have been quite lucky as the only move she used was Stomp ^^;

Gonna go and hunt for a Growlithe, and maybe catch the Sudowoodo and add him to my team. With only three Pokemon and a HM Slave, my team is a bit thin on the ground...

Croconaw Level 22
    - tackle
    - bite
    - water gun
    - ice fang

Pidgeotto Level 22
    - twister
    - roost
    - gust
    - quick attack

Flaaffy Level 21
    - tackle
    - cotton spore
    - thundershock
    - thunder wave

Sandshrew Level 9 [HM Slave]
    - scratch
    - rock smash
    - cut
    - poison sting

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    I'm gonna give Karen a try again. Wish me luck!

Good Luck, Karen was annoying the first time I battled them, it helps if you are closer to or higher than their levels, my team were all at 45 the second time I battled her, it made the battle alot easier, i would suggest having a move like Focus blast taught to one of your pokemon as Dark types have a 2x weakness to Fighting type move, once Umbreon is out of the way it should get easier from there

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    Got to the Pokeathlon before I stopped playing, although I have no intentions of going through it until later. My current team is:

Croconaw Level 22
    Pidgeotto Level 22
    Flaaffy Level 22
    Nidoran[F] Level 13
    Growlithe Level 14

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    Last time I remember, I had just caught that Sudowoodo and now just arrived in Ecruteak City. Bugsy was a real pain in the metapod and Whitney was easier than I thought, even though I didn't heal at all and only had 3 Pokemon. Her Miltank didn't use Milk Drink. : D

Team:

Bayleef Lv. 23
    - Magical Leaf
    - Synthesis
    - Razor Leaf
    - Reflect

Chinchou Lv. 21
    - Water Gun
    - Confuse Ray
    - Thunder Wave
    - Spark

Arbok Lv. 22
    - Screech
    - Headbutt
    - Acid
    - Crunch

Togepi Lv. 19
    - Yawn
    - Charm
    - Metrenome
    - Extrasensory

Oh, and since my last update, my Ekans evolved which was pretty cool. Another update will come probably as soon as I beat Chuck or Jasmine.

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2010
    i love this game i really enjoyed the first tiem around and now that its my second im having fun

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    - Traded over Shiny Zubat for team.
    - Got Flash.
    - Beat Falkner
    - Got the Togepi egg.
    - Unlocked Unown.
    - Training on Route

My team is:

Sneasle Level 14
    Quilava Level 14
    Cherubi Level 14
    Shiny Zubat Level 16
    Chinchou Level 14

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    For those who SR'd for a shiny starter at the beginning of the game (and succeeded), where did you save?

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    I was able to find my way through the seafoam islands and find articuno! After getting it to red health and asleep, and 19 ultra balls later, I caught it!

Back