• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel Journal

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
Years
  • Started my adventure yesterday. OMG I LOVE SS. Just got it a few days ago. Ahem.. Sorry.

Like I said, I got my partner pokemon yesterday. A female Chikorita, which is already a Bayleef. My other team members are Zubat, Flaaffy, Quagsire and a Vulpix.

Currently I am in Goldenrod, preparring to beat the gym leader (who is a pain in the ass like I heard?). Anyway. I doubt that I'll have any problems with that.

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years
  • Restarted HG a few days ago. Im playing like crazy and I just beat Lt. Surge with my Army of Heracrosses. Now im off to Celadon for bashing Erika's team with my Heracrosses, and 1 Noctowl LOL

Butter

In all his Butteriness
    Years
  • Just battled Chuck. Beat him fairly easily with my Espeon. Quilava evolved into Typhlosion along the way to the Safari Zone. Got Togetic up to lvl 38 and Lapras to 29. :)

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • Man, I am stubborn in my training techniques. I'll say it; I'll admit to it. Seriously, I level my Pokemon up one at a time, and if they stay at the front of my team until they are the next level, regardless of the opponant.

Therefore I'm using up loads of Items that I could have saved for the League in Victory Road because people ALWAYS seem to have the advantage, and me being stubborn, I say "Never mind that it's a Water type! Vulpix, use Extrasensory!"

And after the battle, I have to go somewhere to heal. Every time. Maybe I should train differently...?

*thinks and heads to get more Moomoo Milk*

SCV058

The Able Vet
    Years
  • Still grinding for the battle vs. Red. Migrated some pokemon to add too my team.
    Team:

Dragonite LV. 60, Weavile LV. 59, Primeape LV. 62, Blastoise LV. 56, Typhlosion LV. 55, Ampharos LV. 54.

TrilbyMenetti

HeartGold trainer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    Doing some boring grinding for the Elite Four. My starter is in the mid-forties level wise, with everyone else in their mid-thirties onwards.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
  • just making some extra preparations for E4..my current team is enough to take them down but still ...anyways here's ma team :-

Muscle/machoke - lvl 47 (not evolving it..i hate machamp's sprite)
    Ho-Oh - lvl 46
    Typhlosion - lvl 44
    ampharos - lvl 43
    gyarados - lvl 43
    ??? - lvl ?? (i can't decide which 6th pokemon to add....any advice ??)

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2011
    well a few hours ago i went to my friends house and started SRing their while watching him play fallout3 and i was so bored i was really happy when i just sor a pinky purple dratini after like the 80th or so try i was really happy its got extreme speed its a girl and its natures bashful i was hoping it to be a boy so i could pass down shiny and extreme speed

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    Pokemon HeartGold 06 - Battle Battle Battle!

Well, I managed to get a LOT done on my short break. The first major battle was against...Proton!

His team was pathetic...and he calls himself a Rocket Executive? Togepi took care of them both with Extrasensory...and then evolved into a charming Togetic at Level 17!

Then came...

First off, I sent out Magby. I used Sunny Day, but somehow Scyther's Quick Attack knocked me out in the second round before I could use Flamethrower. One Quick Attack! >< Next out was Elekid, who was easily dispatched by U-Turn! However, he did manage to paralyze Scyther. I bought out Smoochum to counter Metapod. He was defeated, but then Scyther returned with another U-Turn that bought Smoochum out of the battle. I was down to just half of my team. I gave Tyrogue a chance - while not having the best moveset, he managed to take out Kakuna despite fainting of poison on the same turn. Scyther was back! Determined, I sent out my new Togetic! I used Metronome, and got some freaky sounding move called Gunk Shot! Whatever it was, it defeated Scyther! Unfortunately poor Marill (yeah, Azurill evolved at Level 16) didn't get any plan this battle, but at least I got the Hive Badge!

Next battle...Silver!

I found this battle quite easy. Smoochum took care of Ghastly with a couple of Confusion's. Elekid faced Zubat and prevailed - despite being confused and flinching from Bite twice. ¬_¬ However, Croconaw beat Elekid and Smoochum with Bite's. I reviewed my team...Marill was the only one who hadn't been involved in a major battle so far. So I sent him out, and to my surprise he destroys Croconaw with three Slam's! And the battle is mine :)

WHITNEY!

My god...Whitney :tired:
    The Gym itself was easy enough, my newly evolved Hitmonlee took care of the trainers with his Fake Out and Headbutt combo which was proving to be very powerful. Whitney's Clefairy had no chance - but when Miltank came out, all five of Hitmonlee's Focus Blast's missed! WHAT?!? Miltank defeated Hitmonlee, and then Elekied AND THEN Marill. :( Magby finished her off with a Sunny Day followed by two Flamethrower's. The Plain Badge is mine!
    The sooner my team evolves the better XD

His Gastly was once again defeated by my super-awesome Smoochum! And once again Zubat was taken out by Elekid. And Croconaw was defeated by Togetic - I love Metronome ^^ His final Pokemon was Magnemite - Magby took care of it quickly.

Morty!

Bah...Morty. In the first battle against him, Gengar Shadow Ball'd my entire team to death. ;-;
    On with the rematch...
    Ghastly vs. Togetic...Togetic wins, thanks to Extrasensory!
    Haunter vs. Togetic...Haunter wins -_- Luckily Magby defeated Haunter, but then was defeated by Gengar. Somehow, Smoochum got lucky against Gengar and defeated him getting a LOT of EXP (: She also won against Haunter! Now why was it so hard the first time, eh? :(

After Morty, came Eusine...blooming hell he is hard to beat!

Smoochum dispatched Drowzee and Haunter, but his Electrode was trouble...took out all of my team but Magby and Marill...Marill defeated it with a Dig!

And that is how far I have got. Whoo, a lot of battles :D

The status of my team...

Togetic Level 28
    HP:71|ATK:55|DEF:55|SP.ATK:51|SP.DEF:72|SPD:33|
    Drain Punch. Shadow Ball. Extrasensory. Metronome.

Marill Level 27
    HP:75|ATK:20|DEF:39|SP.ATK:24|SP.DEF:32|SPD:31|
    Slam. Double-Edge. Dig. Surf.

Elekid Level 29
    HP:69|ATK:46|DEF:33|SP.ATK:46|SP.DEF:41|SPD:72
    ThunderPunch. Low Kick. Cross Chop. Shock Wave.

Hitmonlee Level 28
    HP:68|ATK:90|DEF:43|SP.ATK:24|SP.DEF:76|SPD:61
    Tackle. Headbutt. Fake Out. Focus Blast.

Smoochum Level 28
    HP:65|ATK:25|DEF:20|SP.ATK:54|SP.DEF:50|SPD:45
    Pound. Mean Look. Confusion. Powder Snow.

Magby Level 28
    HP:64|ATK:51|DEF:26|SP.ATK:50|SP.DEF:44|SPD:69
    Faint Attack. Fire Punch. Sunny Day. Flamethrower.

Aquerex

A New Beggining
    Years
  • On SoulSilver...

Started breeding my Quilava for Cyndaquils to trade on the GTS. I got and hatched 9 Cyndaquils from the thing and a Ditto.

Traded my brother's Totodile over and bred it with my Ditto so I could have my own Totodile egg, which I hatched.

My Quilava was raised all the way to level 30, so now he overlevels my whole team by about 14 levels.

Beat Whitney's cast of feminine Poke's. Used the female Pokemon in my team (Skiploom and Hoothoot) as not to be attracted to her Miltank.

Went to the Bug Catching Contest, caught a Pinsir and lost to a Venonat.

Breeded my Pinsir with my Ditto for a couple eggs.(4)

Trained for a long time, evolving my whole team. (Except Quilava)

Went to Burned Tower, beating Silver with my new Croconaw.

Took on Morty and won, losing only Croconaw, beating his Gengar with Togetic. (With a lot of luck, getting 3 critical hits in a row...)

Went to Olivine, training with the trainers in the Lighthouse.

Got the SuperPotion from the Cianwood Pharmacy and healed the Ampharos (actually it was Jasmine)

Training my Pokemon for: Red Gyarados, Team Rocket HQ, Eusine, Chuck, Jasmine.

Woah, that was kinda long.

Ikitsumi

Oh geez, look what I made.....
    Years
  • So pretty much for these past few days, I've been working on getting the desired (yes, including shiny Sandshrew) Pokemon I've been wanting.

Hiyoko hatched to be Timid nature, which I suppose isn't bad for a Togepi. However, she was traded from Platinum as an egg, so she didn't know Extrasensory, which made training strenuous.

However, I used one of my Pokewalker Pikachus as the swap-out training buddy while Kureno hitched a ride in my Pokewalker, helping me obtain more Pikachus. I have yet to get the Flying or Surfing Pikachu...but the training Pikachu here was the Volt Tackle one. :"D

So I've been working on obtaining the Sandshrew I wanted: a male shiny. It took forever (2 days), but I ran into one and caught it, huzzah, it was Serious nature and had the characteristic I wanted: Likes to relax. Insta-save!

So now I'm about to go train the Sandshrew, as we know, Kireme.

Also, Hiyoko evolved since I'd traded a Soothe Bell from Platinum and ran around with her a lot, especially with trying to find Kireme. TwT

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    did a great win at pokeathlon speed again :) and was a bit unlucky at the coins game so still nearly 2000 still I get the tms I want.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    Pokemon HeartGold 07 - Chuck and Jasmine!

This morning I had two major battles...versus Chuck and Jasmine!

At first, I sent out Smoochum against Chuck's Primeape. She got in a powerful Confusion, but he Focus Punch'd her once and she fainted ;-; So I sent out my Togetic who managed to get an Extrasensory in and defeat the Primeape. Unfortunately...his Poliwrath Focus Punch'd me to death again ;-;

So I sent out Elekid, who used ThunderPunch, which bought Poliwrath into the red. Poliwrath managed to Focus Punch Elekid, which put him in the red too. Chuck used a Hyper Potion, and I bought down his health to the red again with a few ThunderPunch's. I paralyzed the Poliwrath, and as I was now faster Poliwrath's Focus Punch failed and I won with one more ThunderPunch!

Then, came Jasmine...

I sent out Magby, whose powerful fire-type moves took out a Magnemite. Unfortunately, Steelix was too much and one Rock Throw took Magby out. Next out was Azumarill! Even though Jasmine used a Hyper Potion, Azumarill managed to Surf Steelix to death without taking a lot of damage! Unfortunately the next Magnemite defeated him with a couple of ThunderBolts D: But Togetic took care of it ^_^

Next battle...Pryce! Now to grind to Level 31 in preparation.

Level 29
    74/36/57/53/75/34
    Drain Punch. Shadow Ball. Extrasensory. Fly.

Level 29
    97/37/59/44/52/39
    Iron Tail. Double-Edge. Dig. Surf.

Level 30
    83/60/47/65/61/81
    ThunderPunch. Low Kick. Cross Chop. Shock Wave.

Level 29
    70/93/45/25/79/64
    Focus Punch. Headbutt. Hi Jump Kick. Focus Blast.

Level 29
    67/26/21/56/52/47
    Pound. Mean Look. Confusion. Powder Snow.

Level 29
    66/53/27/51/45/71
    Faint Attack. Fire Punch. Flamethrower. Sunny Day.

Years
  • In SoulSilver:

I've been stocking up on useful items from the Athlete Shop. I still have Crobat in the Day Care. I'll probably keep it in there a while longer.

In HeartGold:

As for Frisco my Growlithe, I'll train him and raise his level. I'm about to challenge Gym Leader Morty in Ecruteak City.

TrilbyMenetti

HeartGold trainer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    At Vermillion City now, about to take on Surge. I've got nothing that's effective against his Electric types, but I shouldn't suffer too much.

Years
  • Just defeated Janine of Fuchsia City last night, probably going to battle Brock tonight since I made my way to Pewter City.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • What a day yesterday was!

I started my day by challenging the Elite Four. As you do.

Will fell pretty hard. His Xatu, his opening move, was instantly zapped by Starrie, my Ampharos. Just like that. Jynx, being an Ice type, then fell to Vully, my Vulpix, with an excellent Flamethrower. Next he used Slowbro, who got zapped my Starrie. Exeggutor got scorched by Vully, and then his final Xatu got zapped by Starrie.

Second was Koga, and he was a little harder as none of my Pokemon are particularly strong against Poison types. I needn't have worried much, in the end. Ariados and Forretress both got knocked out by my Vully, especially the Forretress - Bug/Steel is pretty weak to Fire! Here, he used Crobat, so Starrie took care of that. Muk... ooh. Muk was a toughie. I ended up using my Pidgeot (probably not the best idea) to spam Wing Attack against it, and then sent out Vulpix with Extrasensory, which, looking back, I should have done in the first place as Psychic is super effective against Poison. Nevermind. Then Venomoth, I foolishly thought "It has wings - go Starrie!" even though it's actually a Bug/Poison type, but Discharge was enough to kill it.

Bruno. Meh. Four of his team are pure Fighting, so they all fell pretty easily to my Pidgeot (good ol' Pidge!) and his Onix got KO'd by Feraligatr and Surf. Probably the easiest battle of the E4 for me.

Karen, on the other hand, was the hardest, just because her AI is enough to switch out her Pokemon. >.< Her Umbreon, I managed to get to half-health using Vulpix's Flamethrower before she switched to Gengar. So I switched to Feraligatr and used Crunch, which took him to half health. So she switched to Vileplume, so I switched to Vulpix. I managed to KO it with Flamethrower, so then she sent out Houndoom. Now that thing is horrible. I switched back to Feraligatr, but it still took THREE Surfs to dispatch it. She sent out her Murkrow, so I sent out Ampharos and killed it with Discharge. She switched to half-health Gengar, I KO'd it with Feraligatr and Crunch. She switched to half-health Umbreon, I switched to Pidgeot and KO'd it with Fly. Phew!

And then, finally, Lance! The Dragon Master, Lance! *cue dramatic music* His Gyarados fell super-fast due to its 4x weakness to Ampharos and Discharge. Then he sent out his Lv. 50 Dragonite. I used Feraligatr and Ice Fang'd it as much as I could, so it could finally fall. He followed up with Aerodactyl, so I switched back to Ampharos to use Discharge, with a little Thundershock when that wasn't enough. He sent out the Charizard, so I sent Feraligatr back and used Surf. And then came the twin Lv. 49 Dragonites, one with Blizzard and the other with Thunder. Guess which one killed Toty first? I had to send out the others to improvise while I healed Toty up for his Ice Fang, and by the end of the battle, I had only Toty left, and he had about 1/3 HP on his Dragonite, which was just the amount that I could use one Ice Fang to defeat it. Toty was on 1/2 health. Dragonite used Dragon Rush. I watched in horror as my Toty's health bar fell further and further down until it came to a stop... at 11HP. I decided that it was time for all or nothing and just chose to use Ice Fang. Well, I guess I made the right decision in giving Toty a Quick Claw! He got in there first, beat the damn dragon and we had the victory!

While the resulting adrenaline rush wore off, I watched the credits and defeated the trainers on the SS. Aqua, and then went to sleep.

Today, I was just wandering around Kanto, thinking about where to go, what to do and admiring the nation I know and love rendered in 3D! ~♪

And I defeated that Rocket Guy, so I'm on my way back to the Power Plant. ~♪

Ikitsumi

Oh geez, look what I made.....
    Years
  • Shiny Oddish named Rena has been obtained!

So all of my team is at level 17 right now (Kureno's actually at 18 and he's not evolving), and I'm working on the Bug-Catching Contest because I'd really like a Scyther.

I'll probably have my team at level 20 before I take on Whitney.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2011
    Just challenged Lance and lost on my last Pokemon (<3 you Ampharos ;_:) after some SERIOUS garbage.

I sort of underestimated his Dragonite (THREE OF THEM?!) so had to resort to getting a lucky paralysis (Static is the god-emperor of abilities!) on them then blowing them up with Graveler. I went through a LOT of Revives. By the time it got down to Amphy vs. Aerodactyl, Ampharos was my only survivor, and I only had 1 revive left (was gonna use it to bring back Dragonair). I was using hyper potion after hyper potion on Ampharos, waiting for Aero's rock slide to miss so that I would have an opening to paralyze him/bring back Dragonair. Of course, Rock Slide never missed. But it did cause Ampharos to flinch when I was attempting to launch a thunder wave during the one opening I had. Then when I later tried to T-wave, it drew a crit and knocked Ampharos out for my loss.

Rock slide never missed. Thunder never missed. Dragon Rush hit way more than 75% of the time. apparently 90, 70 and 75 all equal 100. Funny stuff. Actually, I take that back. They miss whenever it doesn't matter. THIS IS A LOAD OF GARBAGE.

Back