• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel Journal

SleepyKicks

Just Another Trainer
Years
  • Yeah Hall of Fame...the Elite Four really disappointed me. I pwned them like nothing, but then I got to Lance...stupid Aerodactyl. lol
    Anyways I was determined to win without using items. This is how the battle went:
    Starts Amphy vs Gyrados
    Gyrados makes me flinch and attks Amphy again :(
    Take out Pidgeot use Featherdance Roost combo takes out Gyrados O.o
    Lance uses Aerodactyl pwns my team
    I use Typhlosion Quick Attack Aerodactyl goes bye bye
    (Aerodactyl had virtually no HP left)
    Then from there i went on to use Defence Curl Rollout Combo to pwn remaining 3 Dragonites and Charizard
    So proud of my starter :D

Kai Yamato

Lone Soldier
    Years
  • Beat Rival at Mt. Moon which I apparently skipped...

Evolved Psyduck. Now I'm like level grinding away at Mt. Silver to evolve other Pokemon I neglected and left to rot in my PC Boxes. And I just missed out on getting Erika's phone number. Tomorrow will have to do. Although I also missed out on calling Falkner and Whitney for rematches. Eh. Next week then.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    After sparing a lot with the elite 4 I managed to defeat Lance .

(My togekiss has been great, metronome released sleeping powder ,yeah :D)
    (Also ancient power was great too )

So I rushed home where Prof Elm was to give me a ferry ticket to Kanto , so I went there and played with some little kid , on the ferry and arrived in Kanto soon after.
    I firs made a tour of the cities to have a look at them, and inbetween I managed to repair a generator(well I only beat some dumb**** of a foreign rocket leftover , and brought a mising vital part back. meaning I can travel magnetrain now yeah :D

The copycat in saffronia was so kind to give me her ticket in exchange for a lost clefairy...
    Tried the train and went to win a Pokethlon , with my recently caught digda :D

Was getting back to Kanto the same way, and decided to do the Gyms in the Order a new starter of this region would do it.
    So so far I have 4 badges of this region. which werent too hard to aquire thanks to my strong team :)
    I have a feeling dragonair is going to evolve soon but I am not sure whether I don't prefer it to stay as a sleek and beautiful yet, powerful dragonair... rather than a plump yellow dragonite...

phantomcanine

Spacetime Shifter
    Years
  • Just started and by now @ Goldenrod, Wth a Quilava, Pidgeotto, Nidoran, Togepi and a Sandslash!!
    All >20 lvl excpt Togepi.

Levelling up is a pain!
    !:tired::tired:

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years
  • Just beat Misty. :D She was hard, her Starmie was a pain to beat. :(

And I cant believe I havent got a Bicycle yet. :( Got one and allowed to keep it! :3

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 21, 2011
    Welllll due to that I beat HeartGold, I started playing SoulSilver and just used my AR to catch other trainer's Pokemon. :P I'm actually using the Kimono Girls' Eeveelutions in the game as my team, but I'll probably form one from scratch soon. I'm battling Janine as I type this, so after this I suppose I'll go battle Blue. (I went in a pretty random order for gym leaders)

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2010
    Got SS the other day, cause i was bored once i finished HG.
    Tried for ages to get a shiny starter, think i did at least 200 soft resets.

Ended up choosing Chiko. Never use grass types thought i might give her ago.

I walk into the grass for the first time and what should appear but a shiny hoothoot. Stupid Prof not giving me any pokeballs. Guess i have to let this one go. Will hopefully find another one.

Trained up my Chiko to Bayleef before going to Mr. Pokemon for my errand from Prof. Elm.

Challenged by the red haired boy skulking outside Prof. Elm's place. He was and easy beat. Told the popo about the red haired boy, thanks Lyra for defending me.

Started my journey but not before a little pokemon catching lesson from Lyra.

Caught an array of different pokemon. Hoothoot was my first catch, then a geodude thinking i might use it against Falkner. Also caught weedle, pidgey, ledyba and a rattata.

Went up Sprout tower dispatching Bellsprout trainers with ease using my hoothoot. Claimed my Flash.

Solved the first Unown puzzle. While on my way back stopped by the grassy area and caught myself a mareep. Trained him and destroyed Falkner with my Mareep and his thundershock.

Years
  • In HeartGold:

I was in the basement of the Underground battling against Team Rocket Grunts when the Eevee on my Team evolved into Umbreon! I'm about to go to the Observatory to battle Executive Archer.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • While my EVing of Poliwag isn't going swimmingly (see what I did there? I did a joke! yay!), I am currently training my main team for Lt. Surge.

My team is completely Lv. 55, except Vulpix, who is Lv. 56 after single-handedly PWN'ing Erika (seriously, Flamethrower + Extrasensory = death to Grass/Poison)

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2011
    i caught lugia it has calm nature i dont care though and i finally also got a hitmontop and im now on my way to victory road

Aquerex

A New Beggining
    Years
  • My team is in my sig

In Soul Silver:

+Beat Morty
    -I used my Pidgeotto against Gengar, and Gengar ran out of Sucker Punch PP, so all it kept using on me was Hypnosis and Shodow Ball. Shadow Ball has no effect on Pidgeotto, and Hypnosis missed most of the time, so it was an easy win.

+Went back to Azalea Town to get a King's Rock to evolve my Slowpoke into Slowking

+Beat Chuck easily

+Right now I'm currently going back to different Routes to fight Trainers I missed

+Caught a Zubat which evolved into a Golbat and switched it with Aero

Last edited:

michele

☮ & ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    i finally bought heart gold today. :D here's my progress so far:

-chose female character; named her michele
    -chose chikorita as starter
    -named rival; dehren
    -caught a bunch of pokemon; only using 2 of the ones i caught along with starter
    -beat falkner
    -beat bugsy

currently, i'm taking on whitney. here's my team so far:

bayleef [male]
    -razor leaf
    -tackle
    -poisonpowder
    -synthesis

butterfree [female]
    -confusion
    -tackle
    -poisonpowder
    -sleep powder

flaafy [male]
    -thundershock
    -tackle
    -thunder wave
    -growl

i don't know what other 3 pokemon i should use for my team ... any suggestions?

FalconsDrummer

Why yes, I have an Octillery.
    Years
  • Just started HeartGold! So excited!
    I'm currently on my way to Mr. Pokémon's house with my new partner, Toaster the Cyndaquil. I now see the pure beauty of a Silver/Gold remake . . . bliss. :)

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
  • restarted my HG recently! here's my progress far:

- got cynda (last time i got chika)
    - caught pidgey, caterpie, and zubat
    - leveled everyone to level 10
    - beat falkner

and, my team:
    1. cyndaquil (Denim)
    2. pidgey (Jake)
    3. butterfree (Butter)
    4. zubat (Shade)

Years
  • I wasted a lot of time breeding a new team today. I have so many Bagons, Charmanders, Mudkips and Treeckos in my PC Box now. Larvitar was easy, I got a Naughty-natured one right off the bat. I then carefully selected the few special ones which are : Modest Charmander, Adamant Mudkip (I was thinking of using my Impish one, but meh), Naughty Larvitar, Naive Treecko and Naughty Bagon.
    After the breeding spree I went ahead to purchase loads of vitamins for my Pokemon, but I ran out of cash halfway. I then moved on to challenge the Elite 4 with my Mewtwo holding an Amulet coin, but I'm still rather poor after the challenge. I then shut the game down for a while as I was tired.
    Right after booting the game again, I walked west towards Cherrygrove from my home in New Bark, and immediately ran into Entei. I had 3 Master Balls, each one for Entei, Raikou and Latias (I had captured most of the important legendaries, and I can't be bothered to chase those few runners all over the place). I chucked one at Entei nonchalantly, and nicknamed it "Majesty". Hoozah, it was a Modest-natured one, exactly what I wanted! I downloaded the Yellow Forest route as my router was back up and running. But I'm not too excited, it might take ages for me to find a Surfing/Flying Pikachu.

Clefairies

I'm always chasing rainbows.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2016
    Just left Whirl Islands - Catched Lugia with a Ultra Ball.
    Am currently surfing back to Cianwood City to retrieve my normal playthrough team.
    Also very underleveled I think a bit of training & grinding is in order before I take on E4. :)

The Original Darkwiz787

Stuck with text below my name.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2014
    -Chose Cindaquil
    -Named him "Raze"
    -Named Rival SILVER
    -Hatched Togepi. Using it as HM slave with Rock Smash and Flash
    -Beat Sprout Tower
    -Evolved Raze
    -Beat Falkner
    -Got through Union Cave