• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold / SoulSilver: What did you do with the legendary Pokemon?

Years
  • I caught them all using Pokéballs, but it took at least 40 each, but I did it because I saw it as a cool challenge that I was doing with my brother. Mewtwo really ticked me off! That Pokémon was nearly impossible to catch! I got it down to 1 health with false swipe and put it to sleep, yet it seemed impossible to catch and Mewtwo eventually ran out of PP for it's move and used struggle. It has the same catch rate of the legendary trio, yet it was way harder. It took me about 58 soft-resets to cram that purple, life sucker into a Pokéball! As soon as I caught it I collapse in exhaustion...and then my little brother reset my game...(implodes).

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Boxed them all, never to see the sweet light again. I think it's cheap to use them in-game, I like more of a challenge.

Melloeta_Step

I love Fat and Cute Pokemon.
    Years
  • I boxed my Legendaries and Traded them for my legendaries in Platinum, Because I Like Sinnoh Legendaries, and I also traded one of my legendaries for a Jirachi. They are still in my HeartGold Game. But, The legendaries i caught in Black are Traded to someone because i want my team to be same.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Like most other people, I box them. I used to use the Legendaries when I was a kid but now I feel too guilty ditching a Pokemon I've had forever in favour of a Legendary just because it's sparkly and powerful. In HGSS, because there are so many freaking Legendaries, I put them all in the same box and name it LEGENDARY. Then I make sure to give them a nice pretty wallpaper so they don't feel like they're badass Legendary Pokemon spending their lives sitting in cyber space.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I didn't use Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Mewtwo, Lati@s and the legendary birds; I left them in the PC, but I did use Lugia/Ho-oh (depending on the version).

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
    Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2018
    used lugia for a bit. switch it for latios, and i use mewtwo.

caught mewtwo,lugia,suicune,latios,zapdos,moltres.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    I've only got Lugia and Entei so far on SoulSilver. I caught them both using Dusk Balls. I cannot seem to catch Raikou. Or rather, I can't seem to bump into it! I will catch them all though, eventually.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2020
    Unless a Legendary is in the OU tier I just box it. If I can't legally use them for wifi battles(not that I'm entirely sure I can even connect to wifi) then they're merely to fill up pages in the Pokedex.

Raizhu

the end
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    I captured and trained them. I don't have a problem with using legendaries.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • I caught all the legendary Pokemon without using my Master Ball (because I like to hoard mine xD). I just did what I do with all 'one time only' Pokemon and put them in a special box in the PC where they never see the light of day again.

Years
  • I have Suicune, Groudon and Lugia currently boxed in the PC (I don't often use legendaries).

So, I'm not really much of a Legendary Trainer.

Years
  • I don't generally keep any legendaries in my party, but I remember the first time I went through the Elite Four my team was a little weak, so I put Ho-oh on it just in case. Usually they just sit in my PC, though.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    I used Ho-Oh for the league, they dunked it and any others I catch in the PC, I just keep em in there for show...

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Did nothing with them, just stored them in my PC, although I might be using them sometime. :'3

@lpha

Solid Snivy <3
    Years
  • I only treat the babyish ones, such as Jirachi and Mew, as equals to my team, I even let them follow me when I feel like going on a stroll. The other ones, the stupidly overpowered ones, go into a little box i like to call: "Rejects".

Back