• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

Tyrael

This is a Sailor's Prayer
Years
  • With the release of GvG, so many new decks are being run right now. Most of them are making my favorite class, the Hunter, completely useless now. Before GvG, pretty much all decks were around to counter Hunter because it's a very fast paced deck, which has potential to win in five or less turns, assuming RNG is on your side with starting hand and draws. But, the Hunter was still a deck that could easily take you to legend ranks before GvG.

The bad part about this is, it's not even control decks that are beating Hunter up so much anymore. It's also new aggro decks, mainly Mech Mage deck. Just kind of curious to see what people think about certain classes just getting thrown under the bus completely with this new expansion.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • Just kind of curious to see what people think about certain classes just getting thrown under the bus completely with this new expansion.

The best part of getting new cards is discovering new ways to play the game. All sorts of options are open now in this time of experimentation. The next great deck could be yours.

GlakeGG

The Phantom Prince
    Years
  • Yeah this new meta is rough, but rest assured there will be a ton of new tech that will come out of nowhere, might even make some of the less viable classes atm, more viable.

I've been trying this Hunter deck I made, mainly based around illuminator. All the rest is mainly the same o'l deathrattle combo stuff. Nonetheless I've started to have quite a hard time winning with it. Usually gets bopped pretty hard by Priest, Warrior, and late game Druid.

Tirion

Lint Magnet
    Years
  • With the release of GvG, so many new decks are being run right now. Most of them are making my favorite class, the Hunter, completely useless now. Before GvG, pretty much all decks were around to counter Hunter because it's a very fast paced deck, which has potential to win in five or less turns, assuming RNG is on your side with starting hand and draws. But, the Hunter was still a deck that could easily take you to legend ranks before GvG.

The bad part about this is, it's not even control decks that are beating Hunter up so much anymore. It's also new aggro decks, mainly Mech Mage deck. Just kind of curious to see what people think about certain classes just getting thrown under the bus completely with this new expansion.

With how unfairly and dominantly Hunter was facerolling everything before GvG, I think it's fair that it takes a little bit of a back seat for a bit--it was intentional on the part of the gamer designers. Plus, GvG makes control Hunter viable, so maybe you could try your hand at that?

As far as I have seen, though, no particular class has really been thrown under the bus. They're all perfectly viable at the moment. The most exciting is Paladin. For sooooooo long Paladin was by far the worst class, almost unplayably so and totally unviable on the ladder. Now it seems to have strong options. Being a Paladin player myself, it makes me so happy.

GlakeGG

The Phantom Prince
    Years
  • With how unfairly and dominantly Hunter was facerolling everything before GvG, I think it's fair that it takes a little bit of a back seat for a bit--it was intentional on the part of the gamer designers. Plus, GvG makes control Hunter viable, so maybe you could try your hand at that?

As far as I have seen, though, no particular class has really been thrown under the bus. They're all perfectly viable at the moment. The most exciting is Paladin. For sooooooo long Paladin was by far the worst class, almost unplayably so and totally unviable on the ladder. Now it seems to have strong options. Being a Paladin player myself, it makes me so happy.

Control Hunter and Paladin are both something I need to try out once again. Yeah Paladin got really good with the new expansion, it's crazy. Definitely no class has been "thrown under the bus" but Shaman and Hunter have been used significantly less in the meta as of now.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • If you have a Kindle, Buy 5,000 Amazon coins. You will get get half you coins back, enough to buy 20 more packs and 1,000 more coins, enough to buy 7 more packs. That is 62 packs for $40. This sale my be temporary, it will tell you if you are getting coins back before you click buy. (must have the Hearthstone app from Kindle store, must set location to U.S.)

Paladin is awesome now. Won 7 low ranked games in a row. Mountain Giants. Then I crafted Muster for Battle. The value is real people. I don't even have Quarter Masters yet.

Opened GreenSkin, Velen, Ysera(duplicate), Grommosh, and Vol'Jin this week.

Last edited:

GlakeGG

The Phantom Prince
    Years
  • Opened GreenSkin, Velen, Ysera(duplicate), Grommosh, and Vol'Jin this week.

Holy hell dude, the RNG Gods have definitely blessed you. Then again, if you actually did that 62 packs deal, I guess that's a reasonable amount of legendaries. I usually get one every 15-20 packs.

GlakeGG

The Phantom Prince
    Years
  • Hey you guuuuuuuuuuuuuys...:)

Check out the Hearthstone tournament I just posted! I would love it if all of you were able to participate. :D

I signed up!

I've been away from HearthStone for quite a few weeks now as a few MMO's have started consuming my life xD Now that I'm beginning to "balance" myself once again, I'll be playing a bit more.

I'd love to add some you guys! My ID is Glake#1434 I'm always in need of new practice partners I can test new desk against :) Shoot me a request ^^

Years
  • I started playing hearthstone during the beta, and i haven't stopped. I have played almost all card games tho, I played magic when it first came out and then i just tested every other card game that got release :p hearthstone has been the best online experience i have ever had with a card game.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I just started playing Sunday or Monday, it was either really late at night or early in the morning I can't remember. But the game's pretty fun, I'm rank 23 and win about 1/10 match I go into. I've still yet to play with a Rogue, Warlock, Shaman, or Hunter deck. I think my favorite is the druid deck because the basic deck is pretty good for starting out, and then there's just so much that makes it incredibly fast and overpowered once you start getting cards that are actually good.

Back